Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Hara's weapon of choice! >

Hara's weapon of choice!

Hara's weapon of choice!

Old 11-09-2013, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Hara's weapon of choice!

You guys see what Hara is running at the C-netic race? Mp9. All he needs to do now is run a losi at another event, and he would honestly be able to say which buggy he feels is best!!!! D8,Mbx,Mp9!!
Old 11-09-2013, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
You guys see what Hara is running at the C-netic race? Mp9. All he needs to do now is run a losi at another event, and he would honestly be able to say which buggy he feels is best!!!! D8,Mbx,Mp9!!
He is a pro driver and never say which one is better. He also wont choose the best car ,he will choose the company with the best offer
Old 11-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I can't wait until he makes his decision so I can run out and buy the same setup!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What's interesting about Hara's 'weapon of choice' is that he clearly doesn't believe the D812 is the best buggy out there. Yes he left HB, but surely he has mounds of HB cars/parts laying around, and it's a car he's familar with, with setups he likes. He could've easily still run the car for remainder of season, just omitting sponsor ties. From any logistical sense, this would make the most sense. He's even said he's in no hurry to announce a new sponsor! So why a sudden rush to try new stuff?

Instead, he took the hard way and decided to go with all new platforms, mid-season in some of the years biggest races, with MBX7 at FEMCA Champs and MP9 at C-Netic.

It's clear Hara's shopping around.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post
What's interesting about Hara's 'weapon of choice' is that he clearly doesn't believe the D812 is the best buggy out there. Yes he left HB, but surely he has mounds of HB cars/parts laying around, and it's a car he's familar with, with setups he likes. He could've easily still run the car for remainder of season, just omitting sponsor ties. From any logistical sense, this would make the most sense. He's even said he's in no hurry to announce a new sponsor! So why a sudden rush to try new stuff?

Instead, he took the hard way and decided to go with all new platforms, mid-season in some of the years biggest races, with MBX7 at FEMCA Champs and MP9 at C-Netic.

It's clear Hara's shopping around.
I agree with the shopping around! If he's a free agent he "CAN" speak his mind on the performance pros and cons of each buggy!!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
If he's a free agent he "CAN" speak his mind on the performance pros and cons of each buggy!!
He 'can', but he won't.

He's too classy for that. Plus he's been in the business long enough to know not to hurt ties like that, because who knows when you might need them or meet again.

What's fast for one person may not be fast for someone else. I'm not sure what he could factually analyze between brands, other than just generalizing some qualities.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

He 'can', but he won't.

He's too classy for that. Plus he's been in the business long enough to know not to hurt ties like that, because who knows when you might need them or meet again.

What's fast for one person may not be fast for someone else. I'm not sure what he could factually analyze between brands, other than just generalizing some qualities.
You right....Makes sense!!
Old 11-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

He looks extremely smooth and set the fast time in Q4, and wrapped up TQ at C-netic.

Could he have done it without the Kyosho? Yes, I'm sure could have.

A week with the car and topping the charts, he's a machine!
Old 11-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

And on the onroad side he has run Tamiya, Mugen, ARC and for a few laps, Xray.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Anyone who thinks Hara left Hotbodies for personal preference are deluded, with HB's financial problems they just couldn't afford to pay him anymore.
Hara obviously wouldn't want to go almost a year with no sponsor money from car selection. I'm sure he negotiated a good payoff compensation cash deal to leave HB.

Obviously right now he's just putting himself out there and flirting with companies. Either this "hara designed" car thing pans out, or he'll end up with some other brand paying him, like Xray or Agama or whatever.

It's not exactly rocket science, these guys will drive whichever car brand which pays them money, which is unrelated to whichever car is the best car.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

He 'can', but he won't.

Well, in a FEMCA championships video interview, he did speak out about the differences between the d812 and the mbx7 stating that the d812 was easier/more comfortable to drive and that he was struggling to chase a driveable set-up with the mbx7 which he described in his own words as 'aggressive', a set-up which he eventually found. He's a gentleman of the hobby whose never badmouth manufacturers publically (unlike some other pros on the circuit), and he's on amicable terms with HPI after the split.

He's not taking the 'hard way' by trying out different cars, it's not a world championship year anyway (for 1/8 buggy), and doesn't have to please a major chassis sponsor with wins or fulfil any contractual obligations by running one chassis make - he's a free agent now and can run whatever he wants publically which he didn't have the luxury of for the last few years with HPI/HB.

He's proven in the last few months that he can drive the hell out of any brand, 3rd at the world champs last year with a d812, wins FEMCA title with a mbx7, and is doing well at c-netic at the present moment with an mp9 having TQ'd yesterday.

Last edited by wombat; 11-09-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E View Post
It's not exactly rocket science, these guys will drive whichever car brand which pays them money, which is unrelated to whichever car is the best car.
Agree
Old 11-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I believe he is testing different cars as he has plans to develop his own car in the future. He has been to Kingstar who produces a very large portion of the rc car parts for the major manufacturers.Testing all the different cars to see what types of each he will incorporate in his design.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E View Post
That's mostly true but not entirely. You often see drivers get offered a deal, run it for a bit but not run very well and then they switch yet again because the car wasn't working for them.

I personally know one pro that was offered a very lucrative deal with a small up and coming brand but the car sucked. He ran just two races with the car, barely making B-mains with it before switching to another brand for half the money, where he went on to win some big races.

Another pro I know has been offered money from two different radio manufacturers but he keeps turning them down to stick with just a 100% deal with the radio of his choice.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
That's mostly true but not entirely. You often see drivers get offered a deal, run it for a bit but not run very well and then they switch yet again because the car wasn't working for them.

I personally know one pro that was offered a very lucrative deal with a small up and coming brand but the car sucked. He ran just two races with the car, barely making B-mains with it before switching to another brand for half the money, where he went on to win some big races.

Another pro I know has been offered money from two different radio manufacturers but he keeps turning them down to stick with just a 100% deal with the radio of his choice.
I agree here. Some of it has to be what makes them perform well, look good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.