Search
Like Tree3Likes

JQ Products "White Edition"

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you saw the light...lol

Last edited by speedy2; 10-25-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by speedy2
you must be crazy...lol
JQ in 3 years:

3 cars evolution, now white edition, full time direct support, about 100 cool exciting videos etc etc...

MUGEN in the last 10 years:

MBX5 to 7 with prospecs between, 0 support & information from factory, 0 set-up support from mugen direct, 0 videos.....

of course mugen cars works, but 0 team or family feel, just ice cold wind from japan...
Old 10-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gt racing
JQ in 3 years:

3 cars evolution, now white edition, full time direct support, about 100 cool exciting videos etc etc...

MUGEN in the last 10 years:

MBX5 to 7 with prospecs between, 0 support & information from factory, 0 set-up support from mugen direct, 0 videos.....

of course mugen cars works, but 0 team or family feel, just ice cold wind from japan...
But there's tons of mugen support on forums world-wide from sponsored drivers and seasoned racers alike, plenty of set-up sheets etc. Why do you feel that you need to talk to someone directly from Mugen?

The reason Mugen don't need to release a car every other year is because their cars/ different versions work well in general, with minor tweaks/updates added in between each different version to keep current.

Tough gig for a small relatively new company like JQ to stay fresh/survive in the ultra competitive 1/8 buggy segment with several established big names and their associated customer following, need to evolve quickly otherwise you get left behind
Old 10-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

wombat, i of course know that, been with team rmv (reckward) germany & mugen for 3 years now & still one of the drivers helping mugen newbees.
BUT itīs a shame that mugen japan seems (or wants) to be the dark unlikeable secret..?!
i wonder since years whats them strategy?? absolutely 0 infomation about how AND WHY to set up the car this way or that way. and YES first hand and start up infos IS part of the factory/manufacturer. look at xray jq, thats what i call support from screw 1. you canīt let all the work do the team drivers and google...
just my cents
Old 10-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Difference I think is that JQ is a racer-owned company with Joseph competing/racing regularly at most major events....so you get direct racer input from the car's designer - same goes for Hudy/xray (Martin Hudy)
Old 10-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

JQ wont settle for anything but the best
Old 10-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

seems the White is almost there, turns around every car available already
just a bit of fine tuning here and there and it's definately The Winner car
Old 10-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Tech Adept

jq finally moves in my direction with THE white edition regarding driving style.
thinking about to change from my beloved mugen to a new adventure... mmhh

what do you guys think?
+1 been thinking the same thing.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I was looking at a D812, but this car intrigues me.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

wombat, i of course know that, been with team rmv (reckward) germany & mugen for 3 years now & still one of the drivers helping mugen newbees.
BUT itīs a shame that mugen japan seems (or wants) to be the dark unlikeable secret..?!
i wonder since years whats them strategy?? absolutely 0 infomation about how AND WHY to set up the car this way or that way. and YES first hand and start up infos IS part of the factory/manufacturer. look at xray jq, thats what i call support from screw 1. you canīt let all the work do the team drivers and google...
just my cents
I was (and for one more race will be) a MBX7 driver, but I joined the JQ family and my WE is on its way... Now, it's is true that JQ is very accesible and a great help in whatever you need to know about JQ. But on the other side, down here in Brazil, we do have a lot of support too from Mugen. As everywhere, it all depends on who is distributing the equipment and how close they are to the racers. JQ is very difficult to beat there, and that's one of the reasons I do the switch now, but for the Americas region, Mugen does have good support by Kris Moore and in Brazil by Leandro Campos. Kris came to Brazil twice this year to meet with the drivers and help with setup. RC racing is a small community, and it all depends on the people involved. I am very excited to be part of the JQ family now, but I do have to defend my friends from Mugen as well.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

since reckward is with the rb car now, mugen driver in germany are mostly on their own. reckward has done a lot for mugen driver here the time he was with mugen.
of course the mbx7 works even without big support, but iīm just excited to jump on the jq train and join the family & the white edition
Old 10-27-2013, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just courisous, how does it compare to serpent 811 2.0? Ohh and congrads on all the hard work on research and development on being different with wins on a alwsome car.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does it have a clunker in gas tank?
Old 10-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

yes !
Old 10-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you for replying. I'm really liking this white version. Looks to be a well designed built car. Well thought out for the newbie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.