Search
Like Tree13Likes

Tekno NT48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jose valadao
I had the same thing happen it was the return spring making the ball end pop out so if you. Have a return spring on you truggy check that if not just put a different one on
I do have a return spring. Would love to remove it, but I like the having something close the slide in case of.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Most everyone I know uses the small hair ties / rubber bands. They work well and do not interfere with the cup at all.

As well, make sure your slide and angles are properly aligned so that the servo is pulling the ball directly to it, not at any angle. That means both left/right and up/down.

This is an odd one, because on all my vehicles I have to use tools to remove the ball cup the first dozen or so times it's so tight.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

I've been using these for years without a problem.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/190Pcs-Ass...0-Pcs/45695485
Old 09-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RokleM
Most everyone I know uses the small hair ties / rubber bands. They work well and do not interfere with the cup at all.

As well, make sure your slide and angles are properly aligned so that the servo is pulling the ball directly to it, not at any angle. That means both left/right and up/down.

This is an odd one, because on all my vehicles I have to use tools to remove the ball cup the first dozen or so times it's so tight.
After you said that, I can remember having to use a tool to pop my ball cup off. Maybe its just time for me to change it. We will take a closer look at my friends to see what is going on. It lines up with the carb horizontally. We will chk the vertical angle.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Ran my new NT48 truggy for the first time last night and OMG! This thing is amazing. Leaps and bounds better than my RC8T. Turns on a dime, shocks were plush, and I could push the truck to the edge. My lap times decreased by a lot! Absolutely kicking myself for not going with Tekno sooner. Truck is on rails!
Old 09-21-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default New 46t spur gear

Who has used the new 46t spur gear? How did the truggy perform with the slight decrease in bottom end? How did you like it? Other observations from the change?
Old 09-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Ackermann

Do I have this right, forward holes on ackermann plate, less ackerman. Rear holes on ackermann, more ackermann?
Old 09-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tbyrne1976
Who has used the new 46t spur gear? How did the truggy perform with the slight decrease in bottom end? How did you like it? Other observations from the change?
I'm hoping to know by the end of the week. Was hoping to know this weekend, but didn't have time.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qstorm777
Do I have this right, forward holes on ackermann plate, less ackerman. Rear holes on ackermann, more ackermann?
Yes that is correct.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tested it today on the roadway out the front, dont seem to notice any difference, but i am running a modified engine, will have the NT48.3 on the track this Saturday and i will shoot some video so that people can see how the gearing works
Old 09-23-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

I tried it for the second time today. I didn't think there was a major diff, but there is a diff for me. At our track, we have a triple right after coming off the straight. I was struggling with this some where it wasn't a problem with the 48T spur. I don't have to floor it with the 48, but most of the time I had to floor it with the 46. Occasionally, I would get it without flooring it. Maybe its just a matter of adjusting my driving.

On another note, I also installed the trailing spindles. I was a little skeptical about them - thought I would lose some steering or at least some initial turn in/aggression. I was impressed by them. I didn't notice much in a tight turn, but in a more gradual turn, they made holding the line easier. It is hard to explain, but it was like not having to steer as much in larger radius turns.

Last edited by qstorm777; 09-24-2015 at 06:08 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Default New Products now available

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share our latest products here:

First of all we have our Multi-Purpose Shock/Ball End Tool:

Main Features are:
  • Precision CNC machined high quality aluminum
  • Best tool for shock building and pivot balls / rod ends
  • Two tone anodized finish
  • Laser etched size and tool indications
  • Comfortable and easy to use

Also new Front and rear Sway bars:

Details:

TKR5095 – Sway Bar (front, 2.9mm, EB.3/NB.3/SL/SCT.3)
TKR5094 – Sway Bar (front, 2.7mm, EB.3/NB.3/SL/SCT.3)
TKR5093 – Sway Bar (front, 2.1mm, EB.3/NB.3/SL/SCT.3)
TKR5092 – Sway Bar (front, 2.0mm, EB.3/NB.3/SL/SCT.3)

Details:

TKR5499 – Sway Bar (rear, 2.9mm, EB.3/NB.3/SL/SCT.3/ET/NT)
TKR5498 – Sway Bar (rear, 2.7mm, EB.3/NB.3/SL/SCT.3/ET/NT)
TKR5497 – Sway Bar (rear, 2.2mm, EB.3/NB.3/SL/SCT.3/ET/NT)
TKR5496 – Sway Bar (rear, 2.1mm, EB.3/NB.3/SL/SCT.3/ET/NT)

Products are now in stock and available for purchase.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

I have installed the NT48.3 centre diff with out any of the centre diff spacers, the 46T spur fits in nicely with out the spacers under the centre diff on the new chassis, lower centre of gravity has to be a good thing.

The new tekno plier are awsome
Old 09-28-2015, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I tried it for the second time today. I didn't think there was a major diff, but there is a diff for me. At our track, we have a triple right after coming off the straight. I was struggling with this some where it wasn't a problem with the 48T spur. I don't have to floor it with the 48, but most of the time I had to floor it with the 46. Occasionally, I would get it without flooring it. Maybe its just a matter of adjusting my driving.

On another note, I also installed the trailing spindles. I was a little skeptical about them - thought I would lose some steering or at least some initial turn in/aggression. I was impressed by them. I didn't notice much in a tight turn, but in a more gradual turn, they made holding the line easier. It is hard to explain, but it was like not having to steer as much in larger radius turns.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

i have had a good test at the track with the NT48.3 and running the 46t spur, I would suggest just going up one spring rate with the clutch springs to get a fraction more snap out of the clutch to get you back to where the 48t spur felt out of the corner, I was running a staggered spring setting with the 48t to smooth the clutch out, once the 46t spur was in there was a change down low, first i matched the spring rates in the clutch rather than staggered set up and then went up 1 spring and bingo, perfect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.