Search

ECX Revenge opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ...

Originally Posted by Ovaloldtimer
Like I said I started racing in RC oval in 1987 where was you?
I have raced every type of RC that is to be had, I work for a company that sells Kart racing chassis
www.wardkarting.com

Search for what?

Keep talking to make yourself feel better about the POS you bought, and by the time you get everything replaced you could of bought the best of the best

Seems to me im not the only one to think this, maybe get your head out of the sand

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...n-drivers.html

And what do you know Horizon at the top of the rip off thread

mmmm... 1987 man that was a good year! What, you think i just started this., those were our nitro drag days. Nothing you buy ever comes with the best stuff on it, why do you think they sell hop ups. Sorry these arent go karts were talking about and nothing in 1987 was built the way these rc's are built today... your to far gone.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default ...

Originally Posted by hunt2010
mmmm... 1987 man that was a good year! What, you think i just started this., those were our nitro drag days. Nothing you buy ever comes with the best stuff on it, why do you think they sell hop ups. Sorry these arent go karts were talking about and nothing in 1987 was built the way these rc's are built today... your to far gone.
oh! forgot, since ive been back from the track today i was checking the revenge over and found my speed control double sided tape coming lose, Man i guess i better trash the buggy then..
Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hunt2010
Not too far gone, been running 1/8 latemodels, and am currently building a new latemodel, trust me for the last 2 years I have had just about every 1/8 in my hand, spending hunderds of hours pouring over feedback from each maker to decide which platform to use, and I have took the best from several kits.
Truth is the ECX is just a basher, and if your serious about racing, then look at another car
Old 05-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

So Oval, what would you consider the best nitro 1/8 buggy for the price point? Once again keeping in mind my earlier stated requirements?
Old 05-03-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Delta_Ice
So after doing a lot of googling and being unable to find any useful non-biased info on this platform I was hoping someone here would have one. I am thinking of venturing into the 1/8 Nitro buggy racing and am looking for my first Nitro. I raced 2wd mod short course last year and enjoyed it but am looking for the next challenge. Our local store provides support for a few but this is the one that has somewhat caught my attention but I want to make sure I am not throwing away my money. My basic requirements are

1. Nitro Buggy
2. Durable (my associated sc10 has been a pain in the wallet)
3. Competitive
In no order
HB D8 Hara
Durango
JQ "The Car"
SWorks

If you want an RTR, its hard to beat the JQ
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-RTR-1-8-Buggy

But the Hara D8 can be had for 389.00 which is a bargain, and no one can argue the success of the car

Last edited by Ovaloldtimer; 05-03-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I love the car. I think its a great 1st time nitro car to learn on. I race it and don't have any problems with it.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Old thread
But
I'm still gonna chime In....
I just recently bought a NIB revenge type E
And i did it just because so many people kept saying
"You can't race those hobby grade ecx RCz ".....
that kinda stuff drives me to prove them wrong. ..
I immediately yanked the fuze 2500 out of it and put a castle 1515 with MMP ESC
And a set of ofna shocks. ..
I run it everyday on 6s venom batteries.
The thing is a ripper .....
It will jump 40 ft and land on tires MOST of the time .....
If it doesn't I've done something wrong ...
I'm no "RC RACER " but I plan to take it to the track soon as Weather permits....
I will condition myself and the RC vehicle and I will be competitive with all the other
"Race grade" RCs ......
I was on the fence about which RC buggy to buy at first ...
I looked at xray, mugen, and serpent ........
at the end of the day a person will spend close to the same in "upgrade or hopups"
On any of them
I can't wait to see how this thing does on "the track "
If it's half as durable as the torment I'll be surprised
I will make sure I get it on video ...

Last edited by samot; 11-22-2014 at 04:40 AM.