Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
TLR 8ight-T 3.0!!! >

TLR 8ight-T 3.0!!!

TLR 8ight-T 3.0!!!

Old 04-13-2013, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default TLR 8ight-T 3.0!!!

Well I always considered myself a truggy guy, since the losi 8t 2.0 led me to all my wins in my little Rc career I figured I'd ask the question since no one else has and that's when can I expect to start seeing this truggy? Has any of the top drivers been using any of the new parts on the 2.0? Could I even do a little 3.0 updating of my own to the 2.0t's I have now?

Does anyone remember how losi did it last time, did they release the truggy a certain amount of time after the buggy came out before 08 worlds? Cause from what I remember it wasn't very long before it was released... Hopefully they have that same gameplan.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
Well I always considered myself a truggy guy, since the losi 8t 2.0 led me to all my wins in my little Rc career I figured I'd ask the question since no one else has and that's when can I expect to start seeing this truggy? Has any of the top drivers been using any of the new parts on the 2.0? Could I even do a little 3.0 updating of my own to the 2.0t's I have now?

Does anyone remember how losi did it last time, did they release the truggy a certain amount of time after the buggy came out before 08 worlds? Cause from what I remember it wasn't very long before it was released... Hopefully they have that same gameplan.
Not that i know of because it has mostly supspension changes,i think you can use the 15 degree spindles and the adjustable wing mount and wing with optional wickerbill but thats it i believe.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

They will also have something done with the diffs, too many failures with their rear diff to leave it alone and they will probably also modify the front a-arms like on the buggy
Old 04-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE DIFFS.......... Sorry you had trouble, but I know ALOT of people that dont have issues with the diffs... ALOT of people.

Per the guys over at Losi,,,,,,,, when asked about the truck, all they would say is, "We are doing things alittle different this time."

Drake 2.0 was on display at The Pit in Feb. I didnt see anything new.. I dont see any new trucks from any company right now. Not HB or Mugen... But if Losi do what they did with the 3.0 its going to be a $999 truck.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by token View Post
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE DIFFS.......... Sorry you had trouble, but I know ALOT of people that dont have issues with the diffs... ALOT of people.

Per the guys over at Losi,,,,,,,, when asked about the truck, all they would say is, "We are doing things alittle different this time."

Drake 2.0 was on display at The Pit in Feb. I didnt see anything new.. I dont see any new trucks from any company right now. Not HB or Mugen... But if Losi do what they did with the 3.0 its going to be a $999 truck.
So your saying TLR's implying that they don't really plan on bringing out a 3.0t? Wow that sucks. The 2.0t is still probably one of the top 3 best In its class but my opinion is they could update a few things like the droop screws and the new steering rack but I can see them having overstock of the truggy still and updating to a new kit might hurt business strategy.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
So your saying TLR's implying that they don't really plan on bringing out a 3.0t? Wow that sucks. The 2.0t is still probably one of the top 3 best In its class but my opinion is they could update a few things like the droop screws and the new steering rack but I can see them having overstock of the truggy still and updating to a new kit might hurt business strategy.
I dont want to Imply anything... Just what I was told. Dont get me started on Business Strategy.. They do what they do, for the protection of the hobby shops.

Since they stopped selling the 2.0 T, I guess that they will come out with a $900 truck with all the hopups..
Old 04-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dont want to Imply anything... Just what I was told. Dont get me started on Business Strategy.. They do what they do, for the protection of the hobby shops.

Since they stopped selling the 2.0 T, I guess that they will come out with a $900 truck with all the hopups..
Why do you think a 3.0 truggy would cost so much more than a 3.0 buggy?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Drake 2.0 was on display at The Pit in Feb. I didnt see anything new..
Drakes truggy at PNB was far from a 2.0T.

I dont see any new trucks from any company right now. Not HB or Mugen...
The Mugen 6TR came out half a year ago.

But if Losi do what they did with the 3.0 its going to be a $999 truck.
Why is is going to cost $999? It's a Republic of China product. It's not like it's made in Japan.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (94%+)

Drake still runs the regular 2.0 truggy
Old 04-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

not bashing you, but whatever on the diffs LOL, i have tossed three in the garbage can, all bought new as assemblies from parted out rtr's and i know of 4 more wasted from fellow racers at are club. i dont care, each lasted about 4 gallons and im ok with that.just dont tell me there not weak.. lol
Old 04-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Truggies are hard on diffs period!!! When Tyler ran for Mugen, they weren't any better than TLR truggie. Although he never blew one out in his 8T. Guess we were lucky
Old 04-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Shim them right and they last..
Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Never blew a diff on my truggy yet either. It was a brand new roller when I got it. The rear diff was clicking very 1st race. Added a shim or 2 on the left and problem was solved.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Yup you need to shim them right..No issues with Losi diffs, some don't do it right..
Old 04-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Drake mentioned this past weekend that they will eventually release a 3.0 truggy.

imo, it doesn't seem to be much of a priority for TLR right now.

Diffs... changing the gearbox plastic every few gallons helps a lot as well. Shimming the gears too tight can be pretty bad as well, since it can weaken the plastic quickly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.