Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its a ofna can't expect to much
Old 03-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NitroXray
Its a ofna can't expect to much
i dont think thats fair to say. i am a noob to the hobbie and by no means consider anything i say or do to be of any pro caliber. but from what i have seen and read they all have their own little quirks and mishaps and irritations. so to just bash on one brand over the others i dont think is fair.(just my opinion and you know what those are like)

With that being said i am a proud new owner of said truggy right now i am haven a difficult time adjusting the carb's idle.(but that could just be me being a noob) other than that this truggy was more than i was expecting. this thing is stupid fast from bottom to top. IMO handles great (but could be better with some suspension tuning and maybe some better tires)

The remote i feel is a little on the cheap side but for me is more than okay. the steering servo reacts nicely but is a battery whore. and its a little noisy IMO but not to bad. the throttle servo is good with great reaction time, but the throttle linkage seems to be a little sloppy (which dosent seem to effect anything but is just one of those eye sore kinda things when you are looking at it) im sure that can be tightened up with NP. The chassis, sway bars, drive shafts,shocks and springs and everytihng in between seem to be nice and solid. i have Accidentally smashed it in to a treet at WOT as well as a fence, and rolled it like 3 times already and noting has broken. knock on wood

The suspension out of the box is REALLY soft and IMO needs to be stiffened up a little.

I did read on this forum that the diffs on the truggy even though brand new and strait out of the box needed oil added to them and that they were very low.(but this is something i have not checked personally)

the over all layout of the truggy is good IMO. the truggy is not very heavy (again IMO) but i dont really have anything current to compare it to.

If i had to do it again i would get an electric truggy. If you are Def going nitro i dont think this truggy will steer you wrong in any way. i love it, its a freaking blast and im sure if you wanted to you could upgrade a couple things and be even better. i would buy it again if i was going nitro 100% for sure. OH and if you buy it from tower hobbies they have it on easy pay right now which helped me a ton as well.

hope this helps man if you have any more questions ask and ill do my best to answer.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks ace that really helped a lot it's nice to see someone actually speaking good of ofna for a change I own a buggy and it has been great for bashing hence the reason I was looking at this new truggy
That and the price point seems pretty reasonable for what your gettin in the box
Anyway thanks again for the info and don't turn your back on nitro yet buddy the longer you own one the more you will love it I have a brushless revo which is a lot of fun to drive and so easy just turn it on an your ready to go but no matter what I always go back to my nitro trucks when I really wanna have some fun
Don't what it is ? I guess I just love the smell and sound of that motor cranking over that makes me feel good Lol
And Remember if u ain't breaking u ain't bashing hard enough
Cheers