Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official VP-Pro USA Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

the tire gluing jig is amazing best $40 ever spent makes gluing tires effortless
Old 03-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I need to place an order tonight. Gotta get some engine parts. Also, Gene, Feb race report coming as well, and there's a podium story in it!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lose
Does this switch read low voltage
Originally Posted by ROSCOE
Is the switch lipo only then? Or can you drop the lipo mode like the ko switch? Thanks
It works for all batteries but also has a lipo mode. I am not sure exactly how it works as I have not had time to test one yet.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by underway
Gene how many tires will one intech tire caddy hold? 2 or 4
Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

VP-Pro Striker Tires and a Maxy Cinco BT Engine in the video.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I love that flexible yellow piping. what is that stuff? I also noticed it is not staked down. Is it that heavy or do you guys just move it back if someone hits it?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I love that flexible yellow piping. what is that stuff? I also noticed it is not staked down. Is it that heavy or do you guys just move it back if someone hits it?
A lot of people are using large zip ties and staking the zip ties into the ground.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Hi all
I am using VP Pro tires for the carioca state championship, mostly using the Axman and Striker, did test the Turbo Trax, but don't like it. We use two completely different tracks, one is hard packed / dusty while the other one is more on the loamy side. Especially on the hard packed / dusty track I am experiencing extensive tire wear compared with AKA / Proline. Wear on Sweep tires is similar as on VP Pro. Extensive wear is one thing, but what bothers me most is that the tires (especially Striker, but as well Turbo Trax) are getting bald spots very quick. Did you guys experience this as well?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thommi
Hi all
I am using VP Pro tires for the carioca state championship, mostly using the Axman and Striker, did test the Turbo Trax, but don't like it. We use two completely different tracks, one is hard packed / dusty while the other one is more on the loamy side. Especially on the hard packed / dusty track I am experiencing extensive tire wear compared with AKA / Proline. Wear on Sweep tires is similar as on VP Pro. Extensive wear is one thing, but what bothers me most is that the tires (especially Striker, but as well Turbo Trax) are getting bald spots very quick. Did you guys experience this as well?
Here in FL I use Turbo Trax and Striker. Yes the new Turbo Trax wears out in the middle very quickly and is a qualifying tire only on blue groove tracks. The old Turbo Trax lasted much longer.

The Striker wears the same as Proline Blockades here. AKA Impacts might last longer but they do not have as much traction as the Strikers do here. Tru the UF or MF compounds if they are wearing out too fast in main events. I usually use UF for qual and MF for mains. I only use SF compound if the track is not abrasive.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by VPProUSA
Here in FL I use Turbo Trax and Striker. Yes the new Turbo Trax wears out in the middle very quickly and is a qualifying tire only on blue groove tracks. The old Turbo Trax lasted much longer.

The Striker wears the same as Proline Blockades here. AKA Impacts might last longer but they do not have as much traction as the Strikers do here. Tru the UF or MF compounds if they are wearing out too fast in main events. I usually use UF for qual and MF for mains. I only use SF compound if the track is not abrasive.
Any issues with getting bald spots? I mosty used UF, depending on the track SF. Never tried MF so far. Comparing AKA and VP Pro (Striker vs Impact) I am getting the same lap times. Same is valid for I-Beam vs. Axman).
Old 03-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thommi
Any issues with getting bald spots? I mosty used UF, depending on the track SF. Never tried MF so far. Comparing AKA and VP Pro (Striker vs Impact) I am getting the same lap times. Same is valid for I-Beam vs. Axman).
No bald spots, but I always balance my wheels.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by VPProUSA
No bald spots, but I always balance my wheels.
Gene, maybe I need to be clearer when I say bald spots. It doesn't have to do with balancing or not the wheel. It's simply that pins or groups of pins are getting torn out. It might have to do that I need to use the MF compound as on the abrasive track, the SF or UF compound is too soft and the pins are pushed over and torn out. What do you think?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, try MF and see if that stops it.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Heres a vid of some local club racing... ripping the track up with the new VP Pro Turbo Traxx 2.0s Evos

Im the JQ, White with Yellow rims

other Agama, yellow and blue, clear is Mugen/Caster...

Heats tore up the other 3 entries

Watch in HD, enjoy..

http://youtu.be/IJ_P9GrFXFE

Set a new track record that day with the new tires... on point, thanks VP Pro

New Body
Attached Thumbnails Official VP-Pro USA Thread-2013-03-14_17-48-56_340.jpg   Official VP-Pro USA Thread-2013-03-14_17-49-07_269.jpg  

Last edited by Stirex; 03-14-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
We are using metal tie downs attached to stakes to hold the pipe. Works really well. Pipe has been on the track for 3 weeks now and we have no ripped or torn pipe. Car really has to hit the pipe hard to break a tie down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.