Like Tree13Likes

Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by johnny_bravo666
3000 7000 5000
You must be running the old differential gears. Try using 5F,5M,3R K diff oils. What's your shock oil and piston setup. That makes a huge difference for performance. Also droop and ride height are easy adjustments for performance gains. If your looking for more steering putting your link setup, oil and shock position setup gives a better idea and helps others so there able to give proper advice.

What type of track do you run on? Also you need to throttle off during a turn then power into a turn. Learn how to roll your chassis into turns using your throttle and brakes.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Ok finally go some run time today. track wasnt the best but it was driveable and i needed to run. Car feels just as awesome as i remember, but with a lot more steering. i am now running 10 15 5 in the diffs and it feels really good. im running the 8 hole tapered pistons also with 40 front 35 back and it feels really good also but a little soft over the bigger jumps. will probably bump it up 2.5wt.

What kind of clutch setup do you guys run? I am a tenth scale and ebuggy guy so running nitro again has gotten me learning
Old 07-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
He needs to know what your buggy is or is not doing in order to help point you in the right direction. If you are running the 2.0 version you should be somewhere around 10-12-6 or 12-12-6 something like that would be a good starting point. If you are running the original diff gears then 5-5-3 is usually a good starting point. The more info you give on what you want your buggy to do or how it is handling the better info we can give in return.
yes i have the 2.0 diff gears and its a tight track and i did have 7000 in the front but its was crap .
Old 07-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The serpent clutch is good. I have tried others but it is kind of a pain to get things lined up. All aluminum shoes for me, usually use kings headz 6061 and serpent hard springs.

Running the aluminum flywheel at the moment, but the Steel is a good option if it is really loose.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

yes i have the 2.0 diff gears and its a tight track and i did have 7000 in the front but its was crap .
Ya, you were probably diffing out on power in the front. Run 10k minimum.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCmayor
The serpent clutch is good. I have tried others but it is kind of a pain to get things lined up. All aluminum shoes for me, usually use kings headz 6061 and serpent hard springs.

Running the aluminum flywheel at the moment, but the Steel is a good option if it is really loose.
I have one of the lightweight four shoe clutches in it. Ill probably run the stock clutch though because the werks engages at too high of rpms and is a little snappy.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ya, you were probably diffing out on power in the front. Run 10k minimum.
diffing out ? is that like to much power going to the front diff?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

new just in and mounted
Old 07-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

diffing out ? is that like to much power going to the front diff?
No it means when cornering the inside tire unloads and spins much faster than the outside tire. Hard on tires, and doesn't pull very well out of the corners.

Power going to the front is controlled by Center diff weight.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Got something interesting in the works. Nothing for sale or anything. It might be something Serpent will want to change on the back of the car. The 2.0 rear end kind of made some wonky alignment issues in the back of the car. The shocks are no longer close to a 90 degree angle to the plane of the arm and the upper camber link is jacked at a weird angle. I am gonna move the shock tower back 9mm. It will require some spacers to take up the gap where the tower was and need to shave down the wing mount 9mm. A permanent change would require new diff cases and wing mount.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Got something interesting in the works. Nothing for sale or anything. It might be something Serpent will want to change on the back of the car. The 2.0 rear end kind of made some wonky alignment issues in the back of the car. The shocks are no longer close to a 90 degree angle to the plane of the arm and the upper camber link is jacked at a weird angle. I am gonna move the shock tower back 9mm. It will require some spacers to take up the gap where the tower was and need to shave down the wing mount 9mm. A permanent change would require new diff cases and wing mount.
How is the alignment for the camber links? Not to nitpick, but you may want to look at new shock standoffs that are 9mm longer.

Depending on clearance, you may need to space the wing back a little, but it would be a heck of a lot easier than moving the entire tower back.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

anyone still run the 811 evo?
Old 07-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

I think youd be wasting your time with that. Like stubbs said the new standoffs solve the shock problem, the link really isnt a big deal....at least not enough to move the entire tower and create a new mold for the gearboxes/wing mount.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Hmm, wonder why they didn't include the longer standoffs in the upgrade kit... Not sure if I like the shock being that far away from the tower. The standoff can break easier, and also can break the tower being that far out. Lots more leverage being put on the tower. Not too worried about the wing, it can be notched slightly if needed.

Probably will go ahead with my plans since I don't have the stand offs. I like the angle of the links better anyway. The change is reverseable for the most part and no mods to the case are being done.

Moving the tower back sweeps the camber links forward slightly instead of quite a bit backward.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

You coming to KC Carter? You always sign up for races but you never go. LOL I'm the opposite. I never sign up but go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.