Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!! >

INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!

INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default BR6 Debut...

Hi all.

Just a quick update on the BR6 first outing at NDOR UK.

I was hoping to run at NRC Bromsgrove but due to the UK weather the event was cancelled so after spending all of Friday and Saturday building the car I needed to find an event to get it on the track!

So I headed to NDOR for round 2 of their winter series. This is a full astro turfed track with lots of tricks sections and a nice double and treble jump section. The weather was very cold and the track had a layer of ice which didnt seem to disappear as the day went on in places.

The BR6 was set up initially for dirt (the same set up as the BR5 dirt setup) but thought I would try it for the first run as the track was slippy and didnt really know what to expect with the BR6. I ran 5-5-3 in the diffs.

The first thing I noticed about the car was the initial pick up. The car seems a lot more responsive than the BR5 and the power was instant. The track was very tricky with the slippery conditions and I made quite a few errors on the first run getting used to the car with the current set up. From 80 entries I found myself in 48th place. Remember the car had never been run, completely out of the box with no option parts!

For round 2 I dropped the shock oil weight all round and the anti Roll (sway) bars to 2.4 all round and went back out. This felt a bit better and came in 38th. My lap times had improved by 1 to 2 seconds.

For round 3 I altered the shock positions inwards on the shock towers and moved the front to the inner hole on the lower and set the ride height to 25 rear 24 front. I also bolted on a louise high downforce wing for good measure. This run was much better and the car felt more stable, I was suffering with a bit of under steer and struggled with off power steering which frustrated me going into the tight corners in some sections but improved again putting me 25th in round.

So the car got quicker each round which is positive.

Onto the final and I found myself 5th in the D final which considering this was the cars first run and some top drivers in attendance not too bad really.

I had a terrible start and found myself dead last but kept my calm and found a rhythm during the 15 minute final and came through the field eventually winning by over 25 seconds. This proves the car has potential! I bumped into the C Final starting in 12th position. After a few laps I had found myself up to 3rd place and in the running for another bump up but the car suddenly felt odd and was struggling to keep hold of it, turns out that steering servo horn screw had worked lose and the horn eventually came off completely forcing me to retire. Very happy that this was the only issue all day though and can report that the new gears were fine, in fact no shimming was needed and the drive train is nice and free.

I just need to find a base astro set up next week and keep tinkering. I always ran 5-5-1 or 5-7-1 in the BR5 so may give this a go. I will also be trying the alloy castor blocks and chassis braces for the next run out.

Thanks for reading and I will keep you posted on the progress, The car is not yet where the BR5 was but I had a seasons racing with that one to get it how I wanted it, The BR6 is only 1 meeting old and can see it being a great car with massive potential.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

will the parts of the BR6 be able to fit on the BR5 evo to convert? My BR5 is fairly new and would love it if I could just get the parts to convert it.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

also, forgot to ask....Is there a harder servo saver bellcrank arm to fit? The stock one seems to flex alot and limit the steering throw. Any other brands that would fit without modifications?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default new cloth for my BR6 !!

newly painted shell for my BR6....

Attached Thumbnails INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!-img_3915.jpg   INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!-img_3916.jpg   INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!-img_3917.jpg   INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!-img_3918.jpg   INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!-img_3919.jpg  

Old 11-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Looks GOOD! Kinda looks like a Bitty Force body. NICE!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc_cal View Post
newly painted shell for my BR6....
Very Nice!

The body looks even better then I thought it would. I had never seen one painted before.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Neesh View Post
will the parts of the BR6 be able to fit on the BR5 evo to convert? My BR5 is fairly new and would love it if I could just get the parts to convert it.
Hello Neesh.

I do not think it would be cost effective to convert to the BR-6. There are way too many things new:
Chassis
Side guards
Towers
Shocks
Servo Saver
Ring & Pinion gears
Spur gear
Center diff mount
Brakes
Body
Wing
Radio tray
Center CVD's
Center couplers
Engine mount

There may be other things different too, but those are all different parts #'s from the BR-5 off the top of my head.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Intech BR-6 View Post
Hello Neesh.

I do not think it would be cost effective to convert to the BR-6. There are way too many things new:
Chassis
Side guards
Towers
Shocks
Servo Saver
Ring & Pinion gears
Spur gear
Center diff mount
Brakes
Body
Wing
Radio tray
Center CVD's
Center couplers
Engine mount

There may be other things different too, but those are all different parts #'s from the BR-5 off the top of my head.
Thanks for the response. I was hoping that it wouldnt be too much of a upgrade being that I just got my BR5 evo not too long ago. I like the features of the new car though.
Would the new body fit on the 5 evo? How about the new shocks? whats different about them?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the response. I was hoping that it wouldnt be too much of a upgrade being that I just got my BR5 evo not too long ago. I like the features of the new car though.
Would the new body fit on the 5 evo? How about the new shocks? whats different about them?
The body might fit, but the engine is farther back and the chassis/side guards are narrower, so maybe not.

The BR-6 shocks are longer. I am not sure if anything else is different about them, but they are super smooth with no leaks.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MattyBox View Post
Hi all.

Just a quick update on the BR6 first outing at NDOR UK.

I was hoping to run at NRC Bromsgrove but due to the UK weather the event was cancelled so after spending all of Friday and Saturday building the car I needed to find an event to get it on the track!

So I headed to NDOR for round 2 of their winter series. This is a full astro turfed track with lots of tricks sections and a nice double and treble jump section. The weather was very cold and the track had a layer of ice which didnt seem to disappear as the day went on in places.

The BR6 was set up initially for dirt (the same set up as the BR5 dirt setup) but thought I would try it for the first run as the track was slippy and didnt really know what to expect with the BR6. I ran 5-5-3 in the diffs.

The first thing I noticed about the car was the initial pick up. The car seems a lot more responsive than the BR5 and the power was instant. The track was very tricky with the slippery conditions and I made quite a few errors on the first run getting used to the car with the current set up. From 80 entries I found myself in 48th place. Remember the car had never been run, completely out of the box with no option parts!

For round 2 I dropped the shock oil weight all round and the anti Roll (sway) bars to 2.4 all round and went back out. This felt a bit better and came in 38th. My lap times had improved by 1 to 2 seconds.

For round 3 I altered the shock positions inwards on the shock towers and moved the front to the inner hole on the lower and set the ride height to 25 rear 24 front. I also bolted on a louise high downforce wing for good measure. This run was much better and the car felt more stable, I was suffering with a bit of under steer and struggled with off power steering which frustrated me going into the tight corners in some sections but improved again putting me 25th in round.

So the car got quicker each round which is positive.

Onto the final and I found myself 5th in the D final which considering this was the cars first run and some top drivers in attendance not too bad really.

I had a terrible start and found myself dead last but kept my calm and found a rhythm during the 15 minute final and came through the field eventually winning by over 25 seconds. This proves the car has potential! I bumped into the C Final starting in 12th position. After a few laps I had found myself up to 3rd place and in the running for another bump up but the car suddenly felt odd and was struggling to keep hold of it, turns out that steering servo horn screw had worked lose and the horn eventually came off completely forcing me to retire. Very happy that this was the only issue all day though and can report that the new gears were fine, in fact no shimming was needed and the drive train is nice and free.

I just need to find a base astro set up next week and keep tinkering. I always ran 5-5-1 or 5-7-1 in the BR5 so may give this a go. I will also be trying the alloy castor blocks and chassis braces for the next run out.

Thanks for reading and I will keep you posted on the progress, The car is not yet where the BR5 was but I had a seasons racing with that one to get it how I wanted it, The BR6 is only 1 meeting old and can see it being a great car with massive potential.
What was your shock set up please?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

also, forgot to ask....Is there a harder servo saver bellcrank arm to fit? The stock one seems to flex alot and limit the steering throw. Any other brands that would fit without modifications?
+1

I like aluminum servo saver arms better also.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

The new BR-6 Buggy will be available in the USA by January 1st, 2013.

The new INTECH Racing USA is now accepting resumes for team driver positions for 2013.

INTECHRacingUSA.com
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!-intech-usa-banner-2.jpg  
Old 11-30-2012, 02:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Intech BR-6 View Post
What was your shock set up please?
Hi.

I started with 45wt all round and used 1.3 tapered pistons (mugen mbx6). I then dropped to 35wt all round which was better but with it being so cold I could have gone to 30 or even 25.

I am running this sunday at Coventry which is again on Astro Turf and the forcast here is very cold so may try 30wt front and 25wt rear.

On the last run out I tried 5-7-1 in the diffs and this sorted my off power steering but I am trying 5-3-1 this weekend, I am also going to try a 17t Clutch bell as I am struggling a bit with the take off speed of the car compared to the BR5 with the new gearing! Thinking this may smooth it out a touch. The car last week was very aggressive which suits a lot of drivers but I prefer a smoother ride so will try to calm it down a touch this week.

Will keep you posted..
Old 11-30-2012, 02:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Set up sheets

Hi Guys,

just a quick one, do you have any blank set up sheets yet for the BR6?

My car was sent to me for testing so no shell, manual or set up sheets!
Old 11-30-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MattyBox View Post
Hi Guys,

just a quick one, do you have any blank set up sheets yet for the BR6?

My car was sent to me for testing so no shell, manual or set up sheets!
Email [email protected] and they can send you one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service