Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drag Racing Truggies

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Drag Racing Truggies

Im interested in drag racing a Truggy in 132 feet. Which Truggy do you recommend and what motor and gear combination would you run?
Old 07-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

clockwork racing mod .28

buku clutch
Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Initiate

What Truggy will be able to handle the power the best and what gearing and tires will be recommended?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Ive been looking at the Kyosho, Mugen, Losi, & Serpent vehicles which vehicle is the best for Truggy drag racing?

Last edited by LOCK_DOWN; 07-24-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOCK_DOWN
Ive been looking at the Kyosho, Mugen, Losi, & Serpent vehicles which vehicle is the best for Truggy drag racing?
I know this may come as a shock to you, but truggies are not designed for drag racing. Drag cars are designed for drag racing. Therefor no truggy will be good at drag racing. However, truggies do work fairly well on off-road tracks, being that they were designed for that type of racing. It would be like asking which boat would would work best for off-roading. The answer is none. I mean is it really that hard to understand?
Old 07-25-2012, 03:58 AM
Tech Initiate

I understand that Truggies aren't built for drag racing. But there is a class coming up at our track for Truggies Drag Racing. A lot of these trucks weren't designed to do a lot of things that we make them do but it doesn't mean that it can not be done.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I understand that Truggies aren't built for drag racing. But there is a class coming up at our track for Truggies Drag Racing. A lot of these trucks weren't designed to do a lot of things that we make them do but it doesn't mean that it can not be done.
Absolutely correct, never stop thinking out of the box, some people will just never get it. Good luck..
Old 07-25-2012, 04:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FUAddicts
Absolutely correct, never stop thinking out of the box, some people will just never get it. Good luck..
+1
I would recommend going with whichever one your LHS best supports. It makes life easier when your not having to order anything and everything online.

P.S. I drag race my savage once in awhile because its all about going out and having fun.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I would get a lower end or older generation truggy for drag racing. I don't see the point of spending a ton of cash on a new chassis just to go fast in a straight line I doubt you'll see any advantage from the new truggies.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NLR-Power and C
clockwork racing mod .28

buku clutch

Tekin 2250kv on 6s.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hotrod87
+1
I would recommend going with whichever one your LHS best supports. It makes life easier when your not having to order anything and everything online.

P.S. I drag race my savage once in awhile because its all about going out and having fun.
wut he said ,my famly and i drag race our buggies,truggies,and bajas once a month .....thats wut got us hooked on the offroad racin side of the hobbie.

i would say mugen ive found alot more gear options for it .

have fun post up some pics and video .
Old 07-25-2012, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
Tekin 2250kv on 6s.
My bad. He did ask for motor so yes that would be one hell of a set up!!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ecko'
wut he said ,my famly and i drag race our buggies,truggies,and bajas once a month .....thats wut got us hooked on the offroad racin side of the hobbie.

i would say mugen ive found alot more gear options for it .

have fun post up some pics and video .
What type of Truggies are actually holding and maintaining the power the best and what kind of tires are you all using. I'm trying to get my truck in the 2.5's or 2.4's in 132 feet. And I want a Truggy that is capable of doing that the best.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

You want a kit that typically has a super free drive train.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What type of Truggies are actually holding and maintaining the power the best and what kind of tires are you all using. I'm trying to get my truck in the 2.5's or 2.4's in 132 feet. And I want a Truggy that is capable of doing that the best.
I will agree with an above statement that off road vehichles arent designed for drag racing, but if you want it, i say go for it! It will probly be tons of fun!

As far as tires, it depends. are you gong to be drag racing on dirt or asphalt? You will need to find a proper tire for this as truggy tires are meant for dirt and side bite also. Your typical tires will be toast very quickly on asphalt.

If amain still has them on sale, check out the hard compound aka city blocks (they do, just looked). they seem to hold up fairly well on most surfaces. They are good for me running up and down the street anyway. They were cheap and i didnt want to use my race tires on the asphalt. $$$!

Also will need to look at options for the center diff. If you lock it, under power you will probly do nothing but wheelie like mad. You will likely need to play with center diff oils. The thick stuff lol.

The typical buggy/truggy design with your normal center diff setup allows your front tires to spin like hell under a lot of power. Esp if you go with a high end modded engine setup. You will need less power to front and more to rear.

Tons of options available, esp with some custom and "outside the box" thinking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.