Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho mp9 tki3 VS Mugen mbx6r us

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 03:51 AM
psr
Tech Regular

to pitop cody old man he can drive so i pretty much think that reliability there is gona be a non issue just to put it in perspective if its reliable when noobs drive it then to me its a good car the k car was a point and shoot car it was probley the best car i have ever driven.

I mean it was always settled but it never seemed real fast it was always flat more likea touring car point and nail the throatle brake then roll around the corner that type of car however im a agresive attacking driver witch is not suited to the k car,i drove a fellow racers 6r and was in love it was not very dialed as well it was just me.\.

now its a game of averages with what im going to post next

this all happened at our state titles in perth western australia

approx 13 mugen were entered
approx 11 mp9 were entred including my self

I broke 1 front arm i saw one front brake on dale smullders car in the final, i also saw 4 other mp9 have front arm issues well brakages during the event
i broke the bottom eylet on my shock i also know of two other racers have the same problem one broke a rear arm that was weired jason brisset broke a rear lower shock eylet in the sports man final i also lost a drive shaft and broke a out drive all this on a 1 month old car i also saw numerious other issues with the mp9 but my guess is most of theses were how they were built but all in all all of theses cars were dialed

now on the mugen front i saw two arms brake on 6r cars one have centre diff problems ane driver had brake issues but in all thats all i rember from the 6r camp but most of theses cars were always on the edge

btw mugen won the event with mp9 coming in third

3 mugens were in the a main with 3 mp9 also maybee 4 i think zac ryan was running mp9 un sure

take from it what ever you wont but it seems you cant have both

take a strong mugen but a little on the lose side or take a well settled car but accept the price and minor brakeges
Old 06-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedy2
the outdrives now?
wonder sometimes if Kyosho is really testing their cars..
Something has to be weak on tki2 it was front rear driveshaftsnow they have made those so rigid to keep from twisting that the outdrives are breaking
but u can run ofna x3 sabre outdrives perfect fit my buddy broke few outdrives switched to ofna ones and no more problems.

Good luck the k is and has always been a great car
Old 06-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedy2
the outdrives now?
wonder sometimes if Kyosho is really testing their cars..
Some of the outdrives got heat treated to much. Kyosho has admitted it and if you have some that breaks from the tki3 kit you bought they will replace them
Old 06-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by psr
to pitop cody old man he can drive so i pretty much think that reliability there is gona be a non issue just to put it in perspective if its reliable when noobs drive it then to me its a good car the k car was a point and shoot car it was probley the best car i have ever driven.

I mean it was always settled but it never seemed real fast it was always flat more likea touring car point and nail the throatle brake then roll around the corner that type of car however im a agresive attacking driver witch is not suited to the k car,i drove a fellow racers 6r and was in love it was not very dialed as well it was just me.\.

now its a game of averages with what im going to post next

this all happened at our state titles in perth western australia

approx 13 mugen were entered
approx 11 mp9 were entred including my self

I broke 1 front arm i saw one front brake on dale smullders car in the final, i also saw 4 other mp9 have front arm issues well brakages during the event
i broke the bottom eylet on my shock i also know of two other racers have the same problem one broke a rear arm that was weired jason brisset broke a rear lower shock eylet in the sports man final i also lost a drive shaft and broke a out drive all this on a 1 month old car i also saw numerious other issues with the mp9 but my guess is most of theses were how they were built but all in all all of theses cars were dialed

now on the mugen front i saw two arms brake on 6r cars one have centre diff problems ane driver had brake issues but in all thats all i rember from the 6r camp but most of theses cars were always on the edge

btw mugen won the event with mp9 coming in third

3 mugens were in the a main with 3 mp9 also maybee 4 i think zac ryan was running mp9 un sure

take from it what ever you wont but it seems you cant have both

take a strong mugen but a little on the lose side or take a well settled car but accept the price and minor brakeges
Wow did any cars finish?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Who would have thought of using OFNA parts to fix a Kyosho.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

It least kyosho will admit a problem unlike the mugen guys
Old 06-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I run the 6R and love it. I have tried the MP9 TKI2 with a few different setups on it and the handling characteristics are not for me. I find it has kind of a pendulum-type handling where the rear end feels completely disconnected from the front. Some people will definitely like that.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:10 AM
psr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jammin57
It least kyosho will admit a problem unlike the mugen guys
like what ?
Old 06-19-2012, 03:23 AM
JQ
Tech Master

hey I know which outdrives and driveshafts fit ....
Old 06-19-2012, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
Who would have thought of using OFNA parts to fix a Kyosho.
People have been using ofna parts to fix kyosho for years.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I do not have an opinion on which is better, I have never driven a K-car.
I have driven the Mugen for the last couple of years and will give you my opinion of the MBX. I am a novice driver getting to the top of that level.
My car gets better and better the faster I push it. It seems to adapt well to aggressive driving.
A arms have been an issue for me. I may wreck a lot when I am practicing, but I have driven other cars that the arms did not break as much. I am willing to deal with that because I like the car so much.
Set up... I spent a lot of time searching what works for me. I am making changes as I start to get better. I tried a few of the pro set ups and none worked for me, they left me wanting. People seem to think running a "pro" setup is the way to go, but until you have their skill it is hard to say it works better.
Cornering is what makes this buggy for me. Inside or outside, take your pick. It turns extremely well. It is super agile.
I had one small offer for a sponsorship and I turned it down to stick with the Mugen. Even if all the cars were free, I would grab the Mugen. I guess you can say I drank the Mugen Cool-aid.

All the cars are really good. It depends a lot on what fits you. Drive both, spend time with both. Buy used and if doesn't work for you, sell it and buy the other.
E
Old 06-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
hey I know which outdrives and driveshafts fit ....
You would since you copied everything
Old 06-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

friends of mine that have raced Kyosho for years have been very disappointed with the amount of breakages on the last few models.

I'm with you mebolson, been offer a few free drives of various models and would rather stick with Mugen and pay for my kits and parts.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxntwv
People have been using ofna parts to fix kyosho for years.
Not any of the people winning Neo, SilverState, the Worlds...

Originally Posted by curacing2
friends of mine that have raced Kyosho for years have been very disappointed with the amount of breakages on the last few models.

I'm with you mebolson, been offer a few free drives of various models and would rather stick with Mugen and pay for my kits and parts.
At least Kyosho owns up to the issue and sends replacement parts out to their customers for free. I don't see Mugen shipping arms out cause they got a bad batch of plastic...
Old 06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I prefer chocolate over vanilla.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.