Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho mp9 tki3 VS Mugen mbx6r us

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Kyosho mp9 tki3 VS Mugen mbx6r us

I do not want cause controversies but I want to buy one of these no matter what is more expensive or cheaper but simply which is better, durability and performance, and I hope your comments help me decide, thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Buy whichever you like more. Each is equally as capable.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Yep

Tough call. Both cars have been out a while although they are new releases. Plenty of time for the teams to work them over and find the best setup and little changes, and they both are on top of their game.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

IMO the Kyosho gets the nood, but not by much. Both are virtually bullet proof outa the box, but I'd say all out handling gives the MP9 the upper hand..
Old 05-04-2012, 04:44 AM
psr
Tech Regular

tough call ive run both

it short the mp9 is old its not a newer designed it drives great and handles great but seems lazy,the mugen is a exciting car to drive parts are cheeper etc i love both but im disapointed in the tki3 as its not a great up grade id go mugen well i have gone mugen but i still love my mp9
Old 05-04-2012, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

the only difference that is cleary visible is $300 both cars are at the very top if $300 is not applicable then go the kyosho
Old 05-04-2012, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Long term durability and parts cost the Mugen wins hands down.

Purely based on handling?? The MP9 is flat out stuck to the track.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Join the Mugen Mafia
Old 05-04-2012, 07:00 AM
psr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rdeppen
Long term durability and parts cost the Mugen wins hands down.

Purely based on handling?? The MP9 is flat out stuck to the track.
not every track
Old 05-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

stop mass with s**t,flip acoin and pick up one.
after drive them both, I can't find any benefit from each other,with good setup you love them both,don't let anyone tell you else...
Rotaxman likes this.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 AM
am
Tech Master

Hi!

I have only driven the MP9 race, from what it looks like, it is a very fast car and a lot of people can drive it good and fast.

The Mugen is very easy to drive, i do not have to chase setups all the time and it is plain bulletproof. It is extreamly durable. Evryone drives the Mugen and evryone can find a setup that works for them and the car is still fast!!

What i see when i am aroaund is that the Mp9 tends to break quite a bit. Front shocktowers, suspension arms let go. So the drivers that are rookies or not so experienced are sometimes a little sorry and tired of the car breaking.

If i was not going to race Mugen, the only car i would bye is the MP9!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can see that you are already driving mugen electric buggy so I guess you roughly know mugen. Do you have anyone on your local track who drive MP9? If you do, try asking them if they can let you drive them for a few round. This will give you the opportunity to feel the car.

When I first decided to switch my buggy, I too can't decide on Mugen, Kyosho and another buggy which I shall not name since we are only talking about this two.

I end up going for Kyosho for these reasons

1) They won the most WC (yah I know it's lame reason )
2) There are not much changes to their buggy for the past 5 years or so and yet they can still win. That mean they have a working solutions, winning solutions. It also give me some comfort knowing that I can easily upgrade the car from TKI2 to TKI3 and most important, my spare parts will not be outdated (I rejected the 3rd buggy brand due to this).
3) I see most of the team driver, Tebo, Cody drive stock like shock, spring, chassis. That to me mean something.

Anyway, those are my reasons, like most of the guys here said, you won't go wrong with either one but if money is not a concern, Kyosho all the way.

Originally Posted by czarc
I do not want cause controversies but I want to buy one of these no matter what is more expensive or cheaper but simply which is better, durability and performance, and I hope your comments help me decide, thanks
Old 05-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I've heard about driveshaft issues with the Kyosho so unsure what's up with that.
3-cars share the same value of a wider chassis with a little more weight than most. Associated, Kyosho and Hot Bodies. All of these machines can be a little more planted and possibly driven a little more harder than some of the narrow based cars. Some of the newer cars seem to be a little more twitchy so different driving styles and ability play a role in your decision.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Both are great cars. Nothing is bullet proof. The mugen still has the front arms that break. The kyosho still cost 900 bucks. The drive shaft issue is resolved on the TKI3 with the HD shafts. Both cars come ready to go out of the box but have a few upgrades that are handy but not a must. Both are great parts quality, and both are more expensive than other brands for replacement parts but dont wear as fast as other brands. For me the Kyosho is the fastest car I have ever driven. I have had both and think they are both easy to drive hard and fast. The K car turns better in my opinion. But I would say you will get the best results by driving both, even if its a tki2 and a non us spec mugen, and see what fits your style.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Default Hmm

The Mugen is the most durable car I've owned. Never broke an arm. or any parts for that matter. Finished every race the last couple of years...every one...

The Mugen is like the Chevy, the Kyosho is the Cadillac....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.