Your Opinion on Kyosho Multi Starter Box Pro 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Your Opinion on Kyosho Multi Starter Box Pro 2.0

Hi

Thinking of buying my first starter box and been looking at the
"Kyosho Multi Starter Box Pro 2.0".
Like the spec especially the smaller starter wheel etc etc.

Just like to hear if anyone owns one or has used one and give me some feedback on your views.

Thanks in advance

Picture added below...
Attached Thumbnails Your Opinion on Kyosho Multi Starter Box Pro 2.0-36209.jpg  

Last edited by nazUK; 04-23-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 04-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've used them and they are good my friend starter box had problem starting his new engine but it started using this box. But I highly recommend you consider the OFNA blue Buggy/Truggy.

The Kyosho one while good, it's heavy and the handle is not comfortable to hold on.

Btw, it's your first post and you manage to attached an image. That's cool!

Originally Posted by nazUK
Hi

Thinking of buying my first starter box and been looking at the
"Kyosho Multi Starter Box Pro 2.0".
Like the spec especially the smaller starter wheel etc etc.

Just like to hear if anyone owns one or has used one and give me some feedback on your views.

Thanks in advance

Picture added below...

Last edited by drstrangelove; 04-25-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

you might consider mugen.
durability and lighter.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

close your eyes and get the ofna blue dual motor starter box ... dont get anything else .. enuff power to do anything u want breakin onwards .. even on 12v gel cell
Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pravesh736
close your eyes and get the ofna blue dual motor starter box ... dont get anything else .. enuff power to do anything u want breakin onwards .. even on 12v gel cell
Thanks for your views guys.
Both boxes I know are great boxes but I'm thinking of upgrading in 6 months or so and the new truck I am looking at the engine sits vertically and my present nitro is horizontal. I don't want to buy new boxes everytime I change hence why I was looking at this box.
But I am a bit concerned by what drstrangelove said about the Kyosho being heavy and an uncomfortable handle.

So still thinking
Old 04-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Err, don't be too concern about that bro. When I say heavy, I'm comparing against Ofna and Hudy which both I own. But it's not heavy until you need all the effort to carry.

The handle, I think it's personal preference, I find it uncomfortable to hold but if you have a hauler bag, you aren't going to hold it so much. You can easily buy a sponge and put it around the handle if you carry them around a lot.

For the reason you gave below, without doubt, Kyosho starter box will be perfect. It is as powerful as Ofna.

Thanks for your views guys.
Both boxes I know are great boxes but I'm thinking of upgrading in 6 months or so and the new truck I am looking at the engine sits vertically and my present nitro is horizontal. I don't want to buy new boxes everytime I change hence why I was looking at this box.
But I am a bit concerned by what drstrangelove said about the Kyosho being heavy and an uncomfortable handle.

So still thinking
Old 04-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

its very good am using it with lipo for 2 years to start my os21vzb with no probs..
Old 04-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aspris
its very good am using it with lipo for 2 years to start my os21vzb with no probs..
Good to know. I'm going to use it this weekend to break in my OS Speed.

Thought about switching my OFNA Blue Truggy box over from the EVO to MP9, but I have a better idea that the Kyosho will work just fine.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
Err, don't be too concern about that bro. When I say heavy, I'm comparing against Ofna and Hudy which both I own. But it's not heavy until you need all the effort to carry.

The handle, I think it's personal preference, I find it uncomfortable to hold but if you have a hauler bag, you aren't going to hold it so much. You can easily buy a sponge and put it around the handle if you carry them around a lot.

For the reason you gave below, without doubt, Kyosho starter box will be perfect. It is as powerful as Ofna.
Ah great... I also started thinking handle can be overcome by a couple of upgrades like you mentioned sponge etc.
And thanks for clearing up the weight difference, seems like it shouldn't be a big problem to worry about.

Thanks drstrangelove

Last edited by nazUK; 04-25-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pravesh736
+1
Old 04-26-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've used them and they are good my friend starter box had problem starting his new engine but it started using this box. But I highly recommend you consider the OFNA blue Buggy/Truggy.

The Kyosho one while good, it's heavy and the handle is not comfortable to hold on.

Btw, it's your first post and you manage to attached an image. That's cool!
Haha I missed the bit regarding the image haha thanks
Old 04-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Kyosho starter box will work bro. I've used that to break my OS Speed Tuned without problem. When you say OS Speed, are you referring to the blue color head? If so, I heard that engine is a bitch to breakin. But I'm confident the starter box can do the job well.

Originally Posted by 305M3
Good to know. I'm going to use it this weekend to break in my OS Speed.

Thought about switching my OFNA Blue Truggy box over from the EVO to MP9, but I have a better idea that the Kyosho will work just fine.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Glad I can help . I think you're going to love it. I love mine. The only reason why I bought Ofna is because I love the blue color and Hudy because it goes with the tools and bags that I owned.

But I won't buy xray even though it's owned by Hudy because... Kyosho all the way! at least when it come to car.

Anyway... start your engine!

Ah great... I also started thinking handle can be overcome by a couple of upgrades like you mentioned sponge etc.
And thanks for clearing up the weight difference, seems like it shouldn't be a big problem to worry about.

Thanks drstrangelove
Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Glad I can help . I think you're going to love it. I love mine. The only reason why I bought Ofna is because I love the blue color and Hudy because it goes with the tools and bags that I owned.

But I won't buy xray even though it's owned by Hudy because... Kyosho all the way! at least when it come to car.

Anyway... start your engine!
Cheers bro... You guys have really helped in making my decision. I always thought it was a good choice and I'm confident it's the best buy for me. hence I placed an order today and bought one
Will come in a day or two, can't wait to use it

But keep the comments coming still would like to hear your views
Old 04-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

seen a few kyosho box's go up in smoke... the blue ofna box is the number 1 box. dont care what the mugen/hudy lovers say... blue ofna box or no start box.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.