Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW AGAMA A8 TRUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Buy new ring and pinion. Two shims on left side 1 on right or pinion side(from back). Replace bearings too.

You might be able to save it but running 3-4 shims on the left.

I've never had an issue with diffs that were shimmed that way, and only ever had diff issues on front diffs in electric cars that weren't shimmed right, and only under braking.

When you assemble these thing things, the diffs should be notchy. Not internally, mind you, but the once installed in the bulk head, mesh needs to be sort of tight. Also, I always use redline assembly lube on my ring and pinion. Good stuff.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillyT.
Buy new ring and pinion. Two shims on left side 1 on right or pinion side(from back). Replace bearings too.

You might be able to save it but running 3-4 shims on the left.

I've never had an issue with diffs that were shimmed that way, and only ever had diff issues on front diffs in electric cars that weren't shimmed right, and only under braking.

When you assemble these thing things, the diffs should be notchy. Not internally, mind you, but the once installed in the bulk head, mesh needs to be sort of tight. Also, I always use redline assembly lube on my ring and pinion. Good stuff.

Good.

Thank you!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Guys just a quick update of my PNB race.. Travelled up from Bermuda on Thursday.. Drove two hrs from Atl. International and arrived at track approx. around 9pm.. prob didn’t get on the track until 11pm, and had about 3or 4 10min runs before quals on Friday..

For those that have been to this race, it's intense which is why they call it the Psycho Nitro Blast and it's very well run by the PNB crew..

I must say my Agamas ran really well and it was only a handful represented at this race..

I entered Open Truggy and Buggy and the 40+ buggy classes.

In open truck I Qualified 1st in Bmain, but I knew I had an Amain truck all day..was sitting 4th overall after Two rounds of Quals and my 3rd qual did not go as planned which bumped me down the order.. In the Bmain was out front through the first half of the race with an easy transfer, but had a servo go bad on me.. so that canalled my chances of advancing to the A final, but the truck was on rails all weekend with lots of compliments and enquiries..

In 40+ classs again after resort I was in the A quals pushing hard but a few costly mistakes qualified me in the Bmain at the 5th Spot.. After the main got under way my first mistake was not running the car hard in the 3min practice before Main.. forgot that during quals temps were pretty warm but Sunday the temps had dropped at least 15-20degrees maybe more.. pretty much at this time I was operatering on about 7 hrs sleep from thurs lol.. for those that have been to this race..sleep is not guarantee especially when a couple of your buddies have a 6am main..lol but all in all was running top 3 and the engine went lean and instead of coming in I decided to stay out to my pit window to come in, which cost me because I could not jump anything..Also I could not here my pit guys anyways..lol but when I did come in, a couple a turns of the jet I was able to make my way up to 5th just short of the transfer, but was very pleased how the car handled as the track started to develop some serious ruts..

In my Open Buggy, which was my best class against some very fast guys. I qualified 10th in the A main. I made sure to run engine hard before main..lol after sitting in 3rd the first few laps the announcer started to call my name and commentate on me and of course mistake after mistake...lol but was able to get back in a groove and finished 8th..

I was very pleased with my showing and looking forward to my next foreign adventure

hopefully next year we can get a few more Agamas up there representing..

Thanks again to NEMORACINGUSA for all their help.. :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by qaberdeen; 04-06-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by emacrimes
Good.

Thank you!

No problem, man. They are awesome trucks. Tough as Nails.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by qaberdeen
Guys just a quick update of my PNB race.. Travelled up from Bermuda on Thursday.. Drove two hrs from Atl. International and arrived at track approx. around 9pm.. prob didn’t get on the track until 11pm, and had about 3or 4 10min runs before quals on Friday..

For those that have been to this race, it's intense which is why they call it the Psycho Nitro Blast and it's very well run by the PNB crew..

I must say my Agamas ran really well and it was only a handful represented at this race..

In open truck I Qualified 1st in Bmain, but I knew I had an Amain truck all day..was sitting 4th overall after Two rounds of Quals and my 3rd qual did not go as planned which bumped me down the order.. In the Bmain was out front through the first half of the race with an easy transfer, but had a servo go bad on me.. so that canalled my chances of advancing to the A final, but the truck was on rails all weekend with lots of compliments and enquiries..

In 40+ classs again after resort I was in the A quals pushing hard but a few costly mistakes qualified me in the Bmain at the 5th Spot.. After the main got under way my first mistake was not running the car hard in the 3min practice before Main.. forgot that during quals temps were pretty warm but Sunday the temps had dropped at least 15-20degrees maybe more.. pretty much at this time I was operatering on about 7 hrs sleep from thurs lol.. for those that have been to this race..sleep is not guarantee especially when a couple of your buddies have a 6am main..lol but all in all was running top 3 and the engine went lean and instead of coming in I decided to stay out to my pit window to come in, which cost me because I could not jump anything..Also I could not here my pit guys anyways..lol but when I did come in, a couple a turns of the jet I was able to make my way up to 5th just short of the transfer, but was very pleased how the car handled as the track started to develop some serious ruts..

In my Open Buggy, which was my best class against some very fast guys. I qualified 10th in the A main. I made sure to run engine hard before main..lol after sitting in 3rd the first few laps the announcer started to call my name and commentate on me and of course mistake after mistake...lol but was able to get back in a groove and finished 8th..

I was very pleased with my showing and looking forward to my next foreign adventure

hopefully nest year we can get a few more Agamas up there representing..

I saw your cars, they were doing great.

Thanks for your help with the truggy!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emacrimes
Good.

Thank you!
Get a new bulkhead also.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Get a new bulkhead also.
I will.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by qaberdeen

hopefully nest year we can get a few more Agamas up there representing..
what diff and shock oil setup did you use, still trying to find a good one
Old 04-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tropy
what diff and shock oil setup did you use, still trying to find a good one
I know you arent asking me but i used what Kortz told me.

7-10-5

Maybe i would change the back oil to 3 for more steering.

And for the shocks i was using 35-30 with 1.3x8
Purple dot springs in front and pink dot in the back

Last edited by emacrimes; 04-03-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

I used 5-10-3 shocks 35-30..didn't really get a chance to try different setups do to arriving late on Thurs.. but i do plan to be there a little earlier next year.. :-)
Old 04-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Emacrimes. It was nice talking to u as well.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

I just switched to 7/10/5...

Put a little more toe up front. Truck turns super good.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BillyT: So how much toe are you running with the 7-10-5 diff setup?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I run 7-10-5 also. Mostly high traction very large track. Go easy on the tow out in front. I went too far and Truggy started snow plowing.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

I don't have a setup station, but going from the stock setup, which was done my measuring link length, I only added a half turn out to each side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.