Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone uses telemetry system for their nitro "race" cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by teeforb
Thanks guys for your responses. It seems the most feasible feature to use is the voltage status. I'm still debating getting the mt4.
I was just looking at that radio too. Due to the telemetry mainly although looking at the specs on the radio, its a darn good radio in it self!
Especially considering the price tag too!!

As far as the telemetry. I'm still looking into that......
I think as far as obtaining data, some of it looks useful.
A 3-axis accelerometer and maybe captured temp sensor needs to be available as these would be very useful.

I do believe a couple of companies are starting to offer data capture for after race/run analysis. Thats also very interesting!!

More reading to be done on all this but the MT-4 is definitely one of those leading the way in all this.

Regards
BM
Old 07-22-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

whoa... old thread... that said, the voltage is all I use on my MT-4... not sure what I would do without it.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Initiate

I had the MT-4 telemetry all tricked out on my Revos but over time I just tuned for performance and smoke and never looked at temp. Speed monitoring is subjective and as long as your placing/winning, how fast you got there is irrelevant unless you like speed runs. So I sold my MT-4 for the MT-4S for slightly faster response!

Telemetry is great for those starting off or want piece of mind!
Old 07-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The receiver volt readings with mt4 are incredibly useful as are main battery volts when running lipo powered, but you need appropriate receiver. Being able to program a cutoff voltage has saved me from over discharging a few times. I also use temp sensor on nitro to see what temp my engines come off straight after my heats before I even get off the drivers stand. It's very accurate if positioned correctly. Gives me a heads up if I have something abnormal going on.