Search

2011 Intech BR5 Evo

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roy G
Heres a few more questions,

Looking at the NGD site, Have any of you team members tried there tires listed ?

I see there is a few to select from, Do they make any medium/softs besides the ones listed?

BR-BA1-MS-A (medium/soft)

BR-BD1-S-A (soft)

BR-BB1-S-A (soft)

I may consider do some testing on the soft compounds. Our track is a bit aggressive reason for medium/softs when dry.

Also what is the stock flywheel diameter ?

Good luck to the guys headed to Shreveport, La.
The flywheel is standard 34mm, I thinkd Shawn and Nick have used the tires.
I have some coming in the order.
Russ
Old 09-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Russ Kinsey
The flywheel is standard 34mm, I thinkd Shawn and Nick have used the tires.
I have some coming in the order.
Russ
I havent personally used them YET but I know a gentleman here in Shreveport that has. From what he has said they work as good if not better than the Calibers but wear alot better. When the order comes in I will definately give my opinion of them...

Thanks guys! We will definately do our best to take some money from them and put Intech on the podium. As it stands now Intech has been on the podium at 4 races between the track here in Shreveport and Monroe. 1 3rd, 1 2nd and 2 1st with a TQ also. I hope to add 2 more podium finishes this weekend !!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Russ,
If and when you recieve the items, I have a partial list to add when you get ready to ship.

I have see a few more parts listed in the NGD website I will consider.

Keep me posted, and Thanks
Old 09-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Russ,
If and when you recieve the items, I have a partial list to add when you get ready to ship.

I have see a few more parts listed in the NGD website I will consider.

Keep me posted, and Thanks
Shipping details have been sent to me, everything should be in Tuesday
Old 09-08-2011, 02:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys has anyone yet tried moving the front arms all the way forward for more wheelbase lengths.

Ive got the back at full length but unsure what moving the front forward will do to handling.

Anyone got any advice?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pownabown
Hey guys has anyone yet tried moving the front arms all the way forward for more wheelbase lengths.

Ive got the back at full length but unsure what moving the front forward will do to handling.

Anyone got any advice?
From what I gather, by adjusting lower control arm forward effects the caster angle which will get you more stability yet effect your steering effects.

Less caster(more vertical)-increases off-power steering into corners
-decreases on-power steering out of & in a corner
-decreases straight-line stability

More caster(block laid back)-decreases off-power steering into corners
-increases on-power steering out & in a corner
-increases straight-line stability
Old 09-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Heres also another site that can be very helpful.

http://home.scarlet.be/~be067749/58/

Last edited by Roy G; 09-08-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

I got to watch not only Shawn Powers (JamminSP) but Hunter Kinsey as well both wheel there BR-5 rigs yesterday....GREAT handleing rides. Shawn dominated all 3 heats. Hunter also had excellent runs as well with his. I can't remember how they finished in there respective mains but I do know they both had podium finishes.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bobbyc1127
I got to watch not only Shawn Powers (JamminSP) but Hunter Kinsey as well both wheel there BR-5 rigs yesterday....GREAT handleing rides. Shawn dominated all 3 heats. Hunter also had excellent runs as well with his. I can't remember how they finished in there respective mains but I do know they both had podium finishes.
Thanks Bobby!

Shawn finished 3rd in sportman buggy, We helped Shawn out with the same set up that Hunter was using.

We arrived late saturday morning and only got a few tanks of practice before the battery lost pwer.

It was rocket round qualifing, 1st round ended up 5th overall
2nd round went up on shock oils and went down lower front chamer link.
Big help was now 3rd overall
3rd round went to Medium Cross braces and was on TQ pace overall but had 2 mistake so ended up 2nd behind Mike Bataille

Main event
Started well 2nd right behind Mike we was pulling away and I caught a pipe and rolled over , now in 4th did the samething the next lap
Ok now time to put it behind me and buckle down!!

caught up to courney tate and passed him, so now to try and catch Josh Glancey , kept making really good laps and catch Josh and we battled for about 3 or 4 laps and I really put in some grat laps and pulled away.

Ok time to try and catch Mike but he had 28 second lead on me with 7 minutes to go.
I kept putting in good laps with the Evo and I manged to only be behind by 12 seconds.

I set the track record yesterday and managed 2nd fast lap by .012 behind mike.
So in conclusion this buggy is very competitive and gives you the confindince to push hard and not worry aout breakage!!

I let a couple locals from the area to drive it and they were both very pleased with the Evo buggy, so it looks like we have a few more Intech drivers!!

Hunter Kinsey
Old 09-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

That great news guys,

Glad to see that this buggy can take some punishment, congrates to to guys. Hey Hunter, is the set-up you using now working from track to track or are you doing any drastic changes? or are you still using stock set-up?
I saw the few you guys posted ,this way I get idea what to do when I get ready to assemble.

BTW, I talked to Bobby@RC Sign-up and he added the Intech buggy to the drop down menu this way you able update your profile.

ttyg soon, Roy
Old 09-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

That great news guys,

Glad to see that this buggy can take some punishment, congrates to to guys. Hey Hunter, is the set-up you using now working from track to track or are you doing any drastic changes? or are you still using stock set-up?
I saw the few you guys posted ,this way I get idea what to do when I get ready to assemble.

BTW, I talked to Bobby@RC Sign-up and he added the Intech buggy to the drop down menu this way you able update your profile.

ttyg soon, Roy
Hey Roy!
Thanks alot, I will be posting a set up sheet this evening on the intechracing-usa site.
Not alot of changes different sway bar and camber link position and shock oil.
Hunter
Old 09-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Hey Roy!
Thanks alot, I will be posting a set up sheet this evening on the intechracing-usa site.
Not alot of changes different sway bar and camber link position and shock oil.
Hunter
I know when Russ and Shawn were working on his set-up and the 2 buggies were set-up the same I know Shawn yelled DANG and I looked at Russ and Started laughing....But the buggy seemed pretty dialed in for sure....Hunter did you see me pointing you in the right direction during the main...I know the R/D opened the window and was laughing his head off when I did that...
Old 09-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Russ and Hunter.. thanks a ton for the help and insight.

I know we made several changes to mine... Changes springs, shock oils, and roll centers mainly. It took me about 5 minutes to get accustomed to what the buggy wanted during the main.

I ended up with a TQ and 3rd in the main. The weekend proved good for NGD and Intech.... 2 Intechs and 4 Alphas on the podium...
Old 09-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys,
here is a few pictures of the car with my freshly painted body!
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Intech BR5 Evo-p9110198.jpg   2011 Intech BR5 Evo-p9110199.jpg   2011 Intech BR5 Evo-p9110200.jpg   2011 Intech BR5 Evo-p9110201.jpg  
Old 09-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guys,
here is a few pictures of the car with my freshly painted body!
could have ran it if ya had remembered to bring the decals...LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.