Wiki Posts
Search

Lets all get along.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default Lets all get along.....

Man, after reading many threads, I see alot of nice post by some good people. More than not, I run across a post with nothing more than flaming a company, product or even worse and individual. I know we all get heated from time to time but we each own and run pretty much what we want. We do it because it's what we like and we all differ.

To be very honest, in the midst of the economic downturn that has not only hit this country but the whole global cummunity, we should all be very thankful that we can enjoy this hobby. We should be tickled pink to even get to the race track. Some folks are really having it hard and it's not by choice. When you're on top theres only one way to go.

I've been guilty of doing the same but is it really worth it? Trying to convince others that our way of doing things is the only way of doing things is totally absurd.

I know alot of people that would love to simply have the money in a years time that most of us spend in a month, and this is just a hobby. There is nothing wrong with taking it serious. I take it serious and want to do the best I can when I am racing, but at the end of the day, it needs to be about having fun, enjoying time with friend and/or family and helping others.

Each and everyone of us here on RCTech have a certain amount of responsibility to those who are trying to get involved in racing and nothing more than a positive attitude helps everyone involved.

Peace out brothers.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

BIG +1. well said Greg. We area all part of the RC community and yet we all name call and bicker. I think everyone need to lighten up and remember we all love this hobby
Old 08-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yup Im down with that.
I joined this forum not too long ago because of the awsome information about every aspect of this great Hobby from chassie to servos,tyres to engines.
and so manny like minded people with a wealth of knowlage and experiance.
This is a great place and I to have been guilty of logging on with a not so great attitude and have left not so great posts but i have learned my lesson and have appolagised to the offended parties Now I try to be as helpfull as i can were I can and I always remain teachable and try to pay respect by thanking those who have replied to a question..
This is a great hobby with usually great people involved ad its awsome t be able to come here and work out the answers to any RC related problem I may be having..

I really like our home track presidents signature on this site (Race Hard But For Fun).
we often get so caught up in what ever it may be that we forget that this hobby IS FUN and its a great release from a hard weeks work to be able to throw down some laps on the weekend with a bunch of great people...
Old 08-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Prophet

yea really i been though enough of the negative talk before im not the only one.

one thing that needs to stop is on some racing treads on herem with the negativetly it kills tracks and turnouts its just r/c racing not real full size car racing just for fun.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

AMEN!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

+1...But thats like asking for World Peace. Just won't happen.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Greg B
Man, after reading many threads, I see alot of nice post by some good people. More than not, I run across a post with nothing more than flaming a company, product or even worse and individual. I know we all get heated from time to time but we each own and run pretty much what we want. We do it because it's what we like and we all differ.

To be very honest, in the midst of the economic downturn that has not only hit this country but the whole global cummunity, we should all be very thankful that we can enjoy this hobby. We should be tickled pink to even get to the race track. Some folks are really having it hard and it's not by choice. When you're on top theres only one way to go.

I've been guilty of doing the same but is it really worth it? Trying to convince others that our way of doing things is the only way of doing things is totally absurd.

I know alot of people that would love to simply have the money in a years time that most of us spend in a month, and this is just a hobby. There is nothing wrong with taking it serious. I take it serious and want to do the best I can when I am racing, but at the end of the day, it needs to be about having fun, enjoying time with friend and/or family and helping others.

Each and everyone of us here on RCTech have a certain amount of responsibility to those who are trying to get involved in racing and nothing more than a positive attitude helps everyone involved.

Peace out brothers.

+1
Racing or bashing, nitro or electric, car or buggy or truggy or MT or SC, we all joined this HOBBY to HAVE FUN, whether it's alone or with other people. It doesn't matter what brand(s) you run, what powers the vehicles(s) or what type(s) of vehicle(s) you run. If you're having fun, you're doing it right .
Old 08-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
+1...But thats like asking for World Peace. Just won't happen.
Yes sir! The biggest problem is, what one man considers to be negative, is in all actuallity, nothing more than factual constructive criticism (not always though because some people do actually just plain out bash a company or product with not a single shred of evidence to back up their statements with)... Furthermore, yes, this is a hobby, and as with all hobbies, this one too requires a considerable amount of money to be spent! I believe now, more than ever, because of the economic state that we find ourselves in, that constructive criticism and honest opinions on a given product are more important than ever, as long as said reviews are based on pics and facts! Because in this economy, who actually has money to waste on products that plain and simple just DO NOT WORK? I know I don't have money to waste!

Any time money is involved, fun ends up having to share a room with business and all of the things that go along with business too, thats the reality of it..... When something works its all good and its all fun! But when something plain out doesn't work, well then, its not fun anymore! Its not fun because of the time, money, and inconvenience spent on something not living up to what the manufacturer says its suppose to do. Within reason of course because we do ask a lot of these things...
Old 08-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

There will always be flaming when theres fanboys who cant take critcism.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lilja
There will always be flaming when theres fanboys who cant take critcism.
+1
Old 08-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Of course all of us will never get along perfectly, but what we as posters must understand is that the people reading just see whats on the page, not our demeanor so it's real easy to take a post the wrong way. The one thing that I see, here in this area anyway, is that this hobby seems to be growing in this economy so yes we do need to try and be the best we can with each other!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

What you propose is great and would be possible in a perfect world. But it seems that in an open forum something is said and then taken as the word of god which burns someone else and it trickles down etc... I think if we could all accept that 99.9% of the chatter on here is the opinion of the poster and not set in stone then issues would self resolve. Those who are intentionally malicious are unable to hide and those who generally try to help shine in that light as well. In the words of a wise man "think 1st and post 2nd" that being said I don't think you are suggesting that if a product does not perform as it should then it should be praised. What one interputs as flamming another may see as an opportunity to gain helpful insight based on personal experience. Maybe just try to breathe in between posts and take a minuet to analyze what is actually being said as opposed to coming back with both barrels blazing. Again this would be nice; however, in reality skeptical at best.

The short version: I agree
Old 08-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

most of is it down to poor word choice and sentence structure, often even the most innocent replies if put in the wrong context can be taken badly, done it myself luckily by pm on another forum, it wasnt till i re-read it later on i thought omg did i really send that, i quickly sent of another.

peace out
Old 08-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Great idea!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The best racers out there represent the hobby well. Adam Drake is one of the most approachable and polite racers out there. Ronda Drake is super cool as well.

When we copy their setups and parts we need to take everything in consideration and also copy a little bit of their sportsmanship. They will answer any question you ask and they won't make you feel stupid or like they are too important to answer such a simple question. Let's join together and make this hobby bigger and better together. I live in an area where our track is pretty new and we just want it to catch on and survive so we have no choice but to represent the hobby the best we can.

Don't take it for granted. We are lucky and very fortunate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.