Wiki Posts
Search

RC8T FT CE OR Hot Bodies D8T

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (64%+)
Default RC8T FT CE OR Hot Bodies D8T

hi guys i just wanted to know what will be best truggy for handling and take abit of a bump when racing
i am looking to return to nitro racing and i like to know what the pros and cons for these two truggys
how do they compare to each other and the track we race on got big jumps and it half grass and rest lose dirt
RC8T FT CE
Pros
Cons
Hot Bodies D8T
Pros
Cons
Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

i've run both, the rc8t is an awesome truggy. it wins at every level, no minor issues and tons of upgrades available. very aggressive truggy that can produce fast laps, but can be over driven easily. The d8t has some minor issues like the servo saver aluminum upgrade and body post mods to install cab forward bodies. just as fast as rc8t but is a tamed down version of a truggy, very easy to put down consistent fast laps and it almost never wrecks. the rc8t may be a hair faster in the turns but for me the consistency of the d8t and cost sealed the deal. either way they are both awesome trucks, but for the money and my over driving at times i prefer d8t. there's lots you can do with the extra $190 you have left over after buying the d8t over the rc8t.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Suspended

like what may i ask
Old 08-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Beer.?.lol.

wheels /tyres, alum upgrades are needed in the steering on the D8T.
I find the AE Truggy has quite alot of chassie flex even on smaller jumps wich can cause problems.

I'd probably also go with the HB Truggy over the AE..
I drive a losi But I know they dont suit your style Zen..
Old 08-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Suspended

well i just went to my local hobby shop and layby the d8t truggy just goign to do abit research now for a engine
Old 08-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Trugsta
Beer.?.lol.

wheels /tyres, alum upgrades are needed in the steering on the D8T.
I find the AE Truggy has quite alot of chassie flex even on smaller jumps wich can cause problems.

I'd probably also go with the HB Truggy over the AE..
I drive a losi But I know they dont suit your style Zen..

where did hear that from on the rc8t ?
i know i dint notice that.

its pretty stiff to me.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
where did hear that from on the rc8t ?
i know i dint notice that.

its pretty stiff to me.
A few guys run them at my track and I have noticed with one guy inparticular that when he's landed off the jumps he was having trouble with his mesh due to chassie flex I havent noteced it with the other RC8T's only his one. mind you it is getting kinda old also his on/off swich is verry sloppy also and has caused runaways on him before.
That is only one out of 4 or 5 though..

No probs with my Losi.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

another small issue is the front bulkhead screws stripping out in big wrecks. we use rebar to hold the pipe here and it sticks out about 1/2 inch, of course i slid down the pipe wot and cought the inside of the front right arm just outside the bumper. no arm breaks, just stripped out the rear lower 2 bulkhead screws. i've gone to captured hinge pins from tamiya and had no issues. thats another thing, i managed to break 2 sets of ae uppers and lower arms, hb's take a better beating. mudguards for the rear arms in the mud are a must also.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
another small issue is the front bulkhead screws stripping out in big wrecks. we use rebar to hold the pipe here and it sticks out about 1/2 inch, of course i slid down the pipe wot and cought the inside of the front right arm just outside the bumper. no arm breaks, just stripped out the rear lower 2 bulkhead screws. i've gone to captured hinge pins from tamiya and had no issues. thats another thing, i managed to break 2 sets of ae uppers and lower arms, hb's take a better beating. mudguards for the rear arms in the mud are a must also.

dam thats crazy man i havnt bent or broken any pieces on my "rc8tce even the plastic rear hubs are still good ! And oh i had some not so good landings and its still good .

truga: yea it must of been just his rc8t .
dont get me going on the losis now
Old 08-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

I do find it interesting that 1 of 5 has a problem and it is that 1 that is the used for the decision or information given.

They are both very good and one can't go wrong with either of them. There are things that people have done to make durability better on HB buggy and truggy. I had a big file but deleted it. Would run both in a heartbeat.

Best of luck with your D8T.