Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to remove tires from RC

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default How to remove tires from RC

I know there's a screw meant to keep the tire in place on my RC. However, after removing that screw, the tire should come off but it doesn't. Instead, it's still tightly attached to the RC and spinning freely. How can I remove the tire from the RC?
Old 08-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by helgso
I know there's a screw meant to keep the tire in place on my RC. However, after removing that screw, the tire should come off but it doesn't. Instead, it's still tightly attached to the RC and spinning freely. How can I remove the tire from the RC?
What kind of car are you working on?

If you mean a typical 1/8th scale off-road buggy or truggy, there's a 17mm nut (not screw) that keeps the wheel on. If you take that nut off, and the wheel is still snug, it's just a tight fit on the hex. A little tug should get it to come off.

If this is an SCT or 1/10th scale vehicle, there's a much smaller nut (I believe 8 or 10 mm), but it's the same end result. If it's still tight after removing the nut, it just needs a little tug.

Put your thumb in the center of the wheel, and pull with your fingers from behind. If it's so tight that it doesn't come off that way, post a picture so we can have more info to help you out.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

With my bear hands, I am not able to remove the tire.
Here's a picture of the tire stuck on the RC and the nut. The RC is the Losi LST1 and the tire is the original one.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Fixed. Few straight hits with a hammer on the thread did the trick.
Thanks for the help.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

With my bear hands, I am not able to remove the tire.
Here's a picture of the tire stuck on the RC and the nut. The RC is the Losi LST1 and the tire is the original one.

Fixed. Few straight hits with a hammer on the thread did the trick.
Thanks for the help.
Yep, it was just snug on the hex. Also, take a look at the wheel and make sure the inner hex isn't buggered up.

Sometimes if the wheel isn't seated on the hex properly before the nut is tightened, it can deform the inside of the wheel. This will cause a tight fit like you have.