Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
how do you already have access to them? and what i was trying to say is how can they improve on the 13mm when they are already so good? a bigger bore shock only provides more damping for larger jumps. but i guess that's what we need for our motocross style american tracks.
Not trying to stir up drama here, but did you not read my above post about the Losi shocks on the car? I know that the Losi shocks will differ from the Jammin' ones, but it can't be that great of a difference. And if they are better.......then us Jammin' guys will be the ones that benefit.

Not only did the shocks improve damping on the larger jumps, it improved the overall handling of the car. In a nut shell, I'd say that they are more plush as they handle all jumps and bumps, both large and small.......but makes the car sharper as well.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any photos yet Panther??
Old 08-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I saw the Jammin and Kyosho buggies run with their new super bore shocks at the ROAR nats in July. It was impressive for both cars although I thought the Kyoshos looked a little better. I think the new suspension pivots the Jammins guys were testing made the car a little less stable than the SP2. The biggest thing I saw was that you could flat land huge jumps and the car would just stick and go. The nats track didn't really have any stutter bumps but most report handling on those surfaces are also better. Even though the stock big bores shocks are pretty good, super bore shocks are the future.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

I went ahead and threw it together for some photos. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-jammin1.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-jammin2.jpg  
Old 08-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

have you expiremented at all with different springs, Pistions and oil?
What is your current setup?

thanks
Old 08-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Shock Build: Since the pistons of the car is the same all the way around with the Jammin' Big Bores, I used 55 pistons in the Losi shocks since they are the middle piston choice. Fine tuning them will come later. I used 45wt Losi oil in the front and 35wt Losi oil in the rear. I had to use the Jammin long rod ends on both the front and rear of the car. Without them they won't work properly.

Springs: The stock springs you get with the kit won't work. You have to use the harder truggy spring to achieve proper ride height. I used the black springs in the front, which I had to screw the collar down quite a bit to acheive ride height. I used the Gray springs in the back which seemed to be perfect as I only had to screw the collar down in the back about 8mm to achieve proper ride height. I am going to have my LHS get me a set of the gray springs for the front and see how that works. I think that the Losi black springs will be a good choice for a blown out very rough track.

Overall: I was very pleased with the car. I noticed zero problems with the shocks. You do have to grind some of the shock tower material (both F&R) off to allow for clearance. Other than that, you can use all of the other jammin hardware when mounting the shocks on the car. The car definetly jumped and flew more consistant, as it was planted better on the track. I tested on a red-clay dry as a popcorn fart dusty/BUMPY surface. It absorbed the bumps alot better and made for a smoother more consistant run. Over all, until we find something out about the Jammin' BIG Bores these will fill the void if not work as a permanant fix for those of you who want the BIG Bore on the car without having to wait.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Panther- Did you get any track times to see if it went faster or slowed it down? I would think since you said it jumped and landed better and it was more planted that it should go faster? If you didnt thats cool. But if you can keep us posted on how it works for you.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by prphze
Panther- Did you get any track times to see if it went faster or slowed it down? I would think since you said it jumped and landed better and it was more planted that it should go faster? If you didnt thats cool. But if you can keep us posted on how it works for you.
When I practiced, the AMB system wasn't on. So I can't say if I was faster or not. It sure felt faster, but you know how that goes? This weekend will be the first race on them. I will keep you posted on how they work.

-Seann
Old 08-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great tips and pictures Panther

I've been reading all the posts through rctech email here silently and found yours to be real help. Pls keep us updated more.
Thanks and all the best on yer 1st race with it.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jfc_tech
Great tips and pictures Panther

I've been reading all the posts through rctech email here silently and found yours to be real help. Pls keep us updated more.
Thanks and all the best on yer 1st race with it.
No problem at all. One of the things I enjoy out of this hobby is helping others out. I'll be back and give a full report.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

We have 2 sponsored Jammin guys at our local track.

Taylor James and Steve Hale

Now of these 2 Steve likes the feel of the kit Big Bore shocks, he admits that he needs more time with the other shocks.

Taylor on the other hand is about .5 second to 1 second a lap faster with the new shocks.

I will be interested to hear Panther's results.

Later,
Old 08-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i would like to know when the new shocks will be for sale...
Old 08-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gguest
the new Jammin big bore 16mm shocks should be available within a month or so. Already in production stage.
ding ding ding?
Old 08-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRCaddict
ding ding ding?
when did gary post that???? lol i guess i should read closer...
Old 08-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

08-18-2007, 10:18 PM
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=3866

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.