Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

geezzz... sorry to hear that my friend. hope u've got another engine to race with... damn i feel for you, man.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jfc_tech

geezzz... sorry to hear that my friend. hope u've got another engine to race with... damn i feel for you, man.
you can replace that bearing i recomend with a ceramic rear bearing from what i hear T.K.O bearings are the best .
Old 02-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would, but metal went into the sleeve and gouged it as well. Basically all that was not harmed was the case and the crank, so it's not woth rebuilding.

I have a backup engine in it now and I'm going to order something new next week. I'll probably get the Go Tech 5-port. They are fairly new in this country and so far have been getting really good reviews. Have any of you guys outside the U.S. had any experience with them?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

i hear those motors are really good also the new jammin motors as really good as well and there cheap. and dont forget werks motors as well there awesome power for a good price
you can go here and check them out he has go tech and werks and he ships internationally really god place for 1/8 scale stuff .
Old 02-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ngo8
i hear those motors are really good also the new jammin motors as really good as well and there cheap. and dont forget werks motors as well there awesome power for a good price
you can go here and check them out he has go tech and werks and he ships internationally really god place for 1/8 scale stuff .
Go where?
Old 02-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paradoxmaker
Go where?
ahhhhhh ooppss http://www.amainhobbies.com/ sorry
Old 02-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

SKOT Bummer hope you have a backup. What engine were you using?
Old 02-20-2007, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

I have a Jammin question, I asked at the local track and no one seem to of even heard of this problem.

When I tighten up the 2 screws that attach the front top plate to the steering posts, it locks the servo saver down. The steering will no longer turn, unless i back off the screws some.

I have new posts and have had this problem with the bearings installed and with the plastic bushings although it is far worse with the bearings installed. Also I have tried 2 different top plates. the CF one and an aluminum one. Just starting to wonder if there is a trick i'm missing or if I should be shimming something that i'm currently not.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

what i did is put thread lock on the screw and tighen half way walked away for like 10 minutes came back it was all stiff now you cane tighten to the tension where it doesnt bind anymore and the screw wont fly away from the vibration .
Old 02-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Jerseyboy, luckilly I do have a back up. The engine I was running was just an OS RG that I sent out and had modded. I'm glad it wasn't a high dollar engine. I was kind of bummed that the sleeve got trashed though.

Paradoxmaker - I've never heard of that problem either. Is it possible that you are using center diff posts rather than servo saver posts in that location? They look very similar. I don't know if that's possible, but it's the only thing I can think of.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SKOT
Paradoxmaker - I've never heard of that problem either. Is it possible that you are using center diff posts rather than servo saver posts in that location? They look very similar. I don't know if that's possible, but it's the only thing I can think of.
Your right they look similar, but No i'm sure i don't have them mixed because the diff posts take 3mm screws and the steering posts have 4mm screws.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

That's true - good point. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Paradoxmaker
I have a Jammin question, I asked at the local track and no one seem to of even heard of this problem.

When I tighten up the 2 screws that attach the front top plate to the steering posts, it locks the servo saver down. The steering will no longer turn, unless i back off the screws some.

I have new posts and have had this problem with the bearings installed and with the plastic bushings although it is far worse with the bearings installed. Also I have tried 2 different top plates. the CF one and an aluminum one. Just starting to wonder if there is a trick i'm missing or if I should be shimming something that i'm currently not.
Hi Paradoxmaker,

If you have the servo saver adjusted too loose the adjustment wheel locks up the steering. I would suggest that you tighten up the spring tension on the servo saver and recheck, this should free up you steering allowing you to correctly tighten your steering post screws.

Good luck mate..........Crocket
Old 02-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Crocket
Hi Paradoxmaker,

If you have the servo saver adjusted too loose the adjustment wheel locks up the steering. I would suggest that you tighten up the spring tension on the servo saver and recheck, this should free up you steering allowing you to correctly tighten your steering post screws.

Good luck mate..........Crocket
Well I just installed the updated servo saver and have it adjusted to the recommended tension on the screw (approx 1mm of threads showing above the collar).

For now i have the plastic bushings installed since they cause the least amount of binding. I''ll replace the bushings and try again after I order some new bearings.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

There is a shim that goes under the front of the steering brace, do you have that installed?
If not that can cause enough of a angle to cause a bind on the steering post.
later
Dayton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.