Wiki Posts
Search

I heard CEN Racing is out of business!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cen Dealer
I have had notification from Cen that the brand is still alive and well and wont be disappearing Ken will still be distributing cen products. If i were you i would contact Ken at [email protected] or on skype his user name is foreverlastingdream unfortunately he does take alittle bit of time to get an answer. As for the new guys that were doing Cen in the states yes they have closed their doors as i spoke with them about a week ago, I asked about existing stock they had and orders that were paid in the system but i couldnt get any answers on this which was no big surprise, so it looks like those people that had paid up have lost their money unless paid through pay pal they can make a claim. Remember its not up to Ken to give you refunds or send you free parts its out of his control that the Distributor went bust. If you are a dealer, I'm sure ken will be happy to hear from you to get product moving again.
I have sent an email to Ken. I basically told him that it would be great to be able to get parts agian for the kits out there, but I don't expect people to buy CEN kits real soon. Because people have been burned by the US distributor, CEN has a bad reputation. I know it is not really CEN's fault, but it is still their name that gets burned.
I may not get a reply. I have dealt with Ken for a few years, and if you say anything he doesn't want to hear, your email just gets deleted.

Oh Yeah, I know Ken, he will be following this thread and any other with the CEN name in it, right Ken?
Old 11-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Message on the CEN forum today from Cen Racing saying they are not dead, but they are looking for a new US distributor and that they will honour orders placed through Cen direct that have not been fulfilled if you are willing to wait, or you can seek a refund through your credit cardcompany
Old 11-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

I honestly think it is going to take a while to gain people's trust again, but it is possible. I have been dealing with Ken at CEN in Taiwan. I am ordering some parts from them. If anyone needs CEN parts, I have a lot already here. I ship from Alberta, Canada.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile CEN Racing may be dealing from Taiwan

Hi Guys, We are also concerned about CEN racing as we were direct dealers for CEN and used to import from their USA depot. However we have recently been importing from one of their suppliers in Europe.
As far as we know CEN are still in business in Taiwan and we can (if we wanted to purchase their new 1/5 Scale Trucks from their supplier in Europe).
We still have many spare parts left in stock for the GST 7.7 so if you would like to purchase some parts from our site (safe payment by PayPal), please do. www dot superhobbystore dot net
However before you do pls ask for postage to USA as shipping is only set for Europe. Hope KEN CEN will get sorted out as we do like their products.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys,
I spoke with Ken Wu last week, and he gave me the lowdown. Basically, the person that bought Cen USA never placed any orders, and then disappeared.

So, now here we are a year later. Ken has now taken over global operations for Cen. They are looking for a new US distributor (no, I'm not going to do it!), so if you're interested, pm me and I'll put you in touch with him. I believe they are going to focus on RTR, electronics, 1/5 scale, and monster trucks for the immediate future. Basically, higher demand and higher margin items.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ruune
Hey guys,
I spoke with Ken Wu last week, and he gave me the lowdown. Basically, the person that bought Cen USA never placed any orders, and then disappeared.

So, now here we are a year later. Ken has now taken over global operations for Cen. They are looking for a new US distributor (no, I'm not going to do it!), so if you're interested, pm me and I'll put you in touch with him. I believe they are going to focus on RTR, electronics, 1/5 scale, and monster trucks for the immediate future. Basically, higher demand and higher margin items.
I have also been emailing KEN and I can verify what you are saying. My biggest question is "Why did CEN International let it go this far?" If it was my products that they were supposed to be selling, I would be instantly concerned and would have been on a plane in no time to the US to find out what the #$%^ they were doing.
I have access to order parts from Ken in Taiwan, but to be honest, the demand has been so low, I can't justify ordering anything. I am still busy getting rid of the left over GST, FF, and MX parts that I have here.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Looks like CEN DIRECT is back up and running with a new interactive parts ordering system. Anyone ordered anything from them yet? Please give feedback.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default cen

ordered parts from cen direct yesterday for my gst, I will keep you guys posted if they get here or not. all I have gotten so far are my confirmation e-mails from pay pal and an e-mail from cen saying they will send me a tracking # when the order ships. maybee its a blessing all these problems have arose I bought a cen because nobody I know has one you can stand apart in a crowd. hang in there cen
Old 12-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Default cen direct

still no shipping confirmation from cen. anyone know how long it should take before they ship the parts?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by timmmy
still no shipping confirmation from cen. anyone know how long it should take before they ship the parts?
It may take a while. I don't think there is anyone in the US to ship parts. They must be operating CEN Direct from Taiwan.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

The "new" Cendirect looks very suspicious. It is all old products. Even the main page shows the Matrix TR and it is discontinued. I would advise everyone to be careful about ordering from there. I don't know where this new Cen Direct came from, but it does not look new to me. Also it says "Welcome to CENRacingAmerica", which is the distributor that went under and took the customers money with them.
I did find the 2011-2012 catalog though and it looks very impressive.
http://www.cenracing.com/downloads/2011catalog.pdf
Old 12-17-2011, 06:25 AM
cnj
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

On the very last page of that catalog on the UPC sticker, it shows that is their 2008-2009 catalog.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cnj
On the very last page of that catalog on the UPC sticker, it shows that is their 2008-2009 catalog.
I am sure that is a misprint. They probably used the same UPC for the new catalog. I have all the older catalogs and this is defiantly a new one. If you look on page 2, it also has the address for Cen in Taiwan. This has never been available before.
I have sent an email to CEN in Taiwan asking about this "new" cenracing direct. I don't expect a reply for a few days, but I will post an update when I get it.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default parts?

Sitll no parts from cen direct. No shipping confirmation. Has anyone ordered parts from cen direct succesfully lately? Would love to hear from someon who recieved there parts. Please give me a glimmer of hope lol
Old 12-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I received an email from Ken in Taiwan. The "new" Cendirect is not operated by them, but it is authorized by them. Have you tried contacting someone at this Cendirect? It is operated by a hobby shop in the US somewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.