Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaud Savoya leaves Mugen Seiki

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 AM
JQ
Tech Master

The fact that you hate it but cant stop mentioning it is genius. Thank you.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My background is marketing and I can tell you that yes it is genius. Personally, I don't like the name, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that I recognize the brand. You can sell to a person that is loyal to the brand, you can convert the person who doesn't like the brand, but you can't sell to the person who doesn't know the brand exists. When you don't have deep pockets to get the brand out there, you have to use grass root tactics. Lately, when I am chatting with someone about RC racing, I catch myself changing all references to "the car" to "the buggy". I am not referring to JQ's brand, merely just anyone's car and I don't want my message to be confused. I am sensitive to this because I am in marketing and always focused on making sure my message gets received as intended.

The point is that I am cognizant of the term "the Car" and what it refers to. That is the objective of good marketing and whether we like it or not it was accomplished. How many times do people refer to "Cleenex" for tissue or "Xerox" for a copy machine. It is the same thing but JQ approached it backwards. Instead of a brand name replacing the name of the item, he took the name of the item and branded it. This allow him to get the brand out there in a massive and economical way and always reserves the right to modify the name with the next version to something more industry accepted using a combination of letters and numbers.

There is a critical part of marketing that I haven’t seen yet, but his marketing agency is probably working on it.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:12 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Marketing Agency... I loved that!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Alan D.
My money is on S-WorkZ
Originally Posted by JQ
My money is on SWorkz which will be re-badged to RB and Savoya will run it. Where is my prize?

I get the prize. Joseph you can have an Ice Cream for second place
Old 01-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JQ
The fact that you hate it but cant stop mentioning it is genius. Thank you.
The fact you are not professional enough to stay out of forum spats is not genius. You may think different, but that is all I hear about with all the racers so keep it up and your sales will suffer. I hope they do not, I hope you succeed, but you would sell allot more if you would keep your mouth shut over these things. You constantly take the bait.

Brandon, you owe me lunch, i told you he would.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
The fact you are not professional enough to stay out of forum spats is not genius. You may think different, but that is all I hear about with all the racers so keep it up and your sales will suffer. I hope they do not, I hope you succeed, but you would sell allot more if you would keep your mouth shut over these things. You constantly take the bait.

I always find it humorous that everyone on here expects the owners of companies to NOT have opinions or the ability to express them. They are just like us and have the right to express those opinions just like everyone else. I like the fact that JQ, Ron from Werks, Neal from CRE, and others actually take the time to come here and post on all the threads just not their own. And I like the fact that sometimes they don't agree with the rest of us. We are all different and have different views on items. I didn't think JQ was out of line, I think he was stating that people may not like "THE Car" or "The branding" but bottom line is people remember it, and that's what matters.

Back on topic I think Savoya will end up with either XRAY or the RB car.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Its already announced he will be running the rb car
Old 01-01-2011, 12:16 PM
JQ
Tech Master

I'm just a human being like most others on here. Sorry if I am not corporate enough. That would be boring.

Where is it announced?
Old 01-01-2011, 12:31 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Crow.. the RB car rumor was posted on Neo-Buggy..
Old 01-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

The fact that you have side bets going is HURTING!!!!! Pat yourself on the back champ

As for Savoya I really hope RB doesn't just re-badge a car if that's whats going on.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The fact that almost every thread turns into a flame war and a pissing match is what's really hurting! Seems there allot of people with no reason to live other than to cause trouble and antogonize others. A simple thread like "Merry Christmas" will draw trolls and haters there are allot if users who should really seek therapy.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

how can you re-badge a car that is not even released yet... there is a possibility that RB bought the rights to the car.... .... maybe... and thats even if thats the case (S-workz being the car)
Old 01-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
how can you re-badge a car that is not even released yet... there is a possibility that RB bought the rights to the car.... .... maybe... and thats even if thats the case (S-workz being the car)
Or who is to say RB is not helping in the design??
Old 01-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
Or who is to say RB is not helping in the design??
i concur
Old 01-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

http://img31.imageshack.us/i/abuggypicture.jpg

Look carefully at the screws, nice details :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.