Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaud Savoya leaves Mugen Seiki

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
Ok so it's obvious how this went down, he's a euro n when he came here for the opportunity to race in the states he probly took the offer, now mugen japan/ Europe has probly nothing to do with mugen us, so I've here no money mugen no money for savoya, so no euro mugen splitting that bill he's gotta leave. I think savoya sees himself as a top class driver, one of te best, he reminds me honestly of Christophe pourcel in mx racing, young fast n from France!! I actually root thus guy on cause he's a great driver, I'd imagine he would go to a team that has a new car out but a long known name, Durango is where he will land in America, they dint have any top top drivers here n they have money n a good name, Durango would be stupid not to get him. So will we see the shark running rb/durango? I hope so.
nope
Old 12-31-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would love to see Savoya go to JQ, but I'm sure he has a pretty high price tag on his head. I would guess Xray has the money and is in real need of a top driver to promote the brand.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by DJG24
I would love to see Savoya go to JQ, but I'm sure he has a pretty high price tag on his head. I would guess Xray has the money and is in real need of a top driver to promote the brand.
Actually, if he went to JQ, he probably would be sponsored through Amain just as Chad Bradley is.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok so it's obvious how this went down, he's a euro n when he came here for the opportunity to race in the states he probly took the offer, now mugen japan/ Europe has probly nothing to do with mugen us, so I've here no money mugen no money for savoya, so no euro mugen splitting that bill he's gotta leave. I think savoya sees himself as a top class driver, one of te best, he reminds me honestly of Christophe pourcel in mx racing, young fast n from France!! I actually root thus guy on cause he's a great driver, I'd imagine he would go to a team that has a new car out but a long known name, Durango is where he will land in America, they dint have any top top drivers here n they have money n a good name, Durango would be stupid not to get him. So will we see the shark running rb/durango? I hope so.
Is there any fact here, or is this all speculation? Sounds like the latter.

And btw, Savoya doesn't "see" himself as a top driver. He IS one of the top drivers in the world.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:12 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Isnt the main reason he is moving to the US is to work with RB USA? If so perhaps Mugen Japan and USA are separate and he got a better offer from another car manufacture. Just a thought as to why he moved to the US in the first place. Im going to guess we will know tomorrow. http://rcspecial.com/news/?p=58727

EA
Old 12-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 071crazy
Is there any fact here, or is this all speculation? Sounds like the latter.

And btw, Savoya doesn't "see" himself as a top driver. He IS one of the top drivers in the world.
Everything is speculation at this point, savoya is a top driver, but let's not get cocky here because we have alot of 'top drivers' who could make him sit mid pack when he starts racing our kinda races. I don't no how he's gonna like our tracks, he's use to high speed euro tracks, we have big jumps n totally dif tracks. I would like to see savoya at Durango, Losi would b a 2nd pick but drake true got it held down over there. Also I woke up n remembered that durango already does have 1 top top driver here, LUTZ! In my opinion those 2 would make great teammates.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Everything is speculation at this point, savoya is a top driver, but let's not get cocky here because we have alot of 'top drivers' who could make him sit mid pack when he starts racing our kinda races.
"our kinda races"?

Check your facts. Sounds like you have a short memory. Savoya placed 3rd in the 2008 worlds. At the Farm. Lots of US drivers. Lots of "our kinda races".
Old 12-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

My money is on Xray. RB USA and RC America are both in the Dallas area. Geographically it makes sense. Xray could really use an international talent like Savoya. And Swauger just left Mugen for Xray too.

We'll see...
Old 12-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

good luck savoya...

Last edited by JONATHAN TAN; 12-31-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't think JQ has the money right now....unless Amain step up....
Old 12-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i hope to see him with durango. xray is def a good bet though, but if he really tested the 408 i would bet money he would have a hard time walking away from that buggy
Old 12-31-2010, 12:07 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Reno is top driver and he can only get better here in the US.. he will be good with whatever he runs Good Luck Reno!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

With all the speculation and matching brands with states, I really think
he will be promoting a new RB Speed control and electric motor and running the Slash (since Traxxas is in Texas) in the RC Corr truck series.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Since everyone is guessing I would say he ran into Billy Easton at the track and said let me see how that RB engine of yours runs and when he drove the Serpent for the first time he said Thats the car for me:
Old 12-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Two-speed
My money is on Xray. RB USA and RC America are both in the Dallas area. Geographically it makes sense. Xray could really use an international talent like Savoya. And Swauger just left Mugen for Xray too.

We'll see...
Thats what i'm thinking. It would be nice to have someone like Savoya run xray. They sure could use him. Where ever he goes I wish him the best, he was the guy I was rooting for at worlds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.