Like Tree37Likes

Serpent S811-T Truggy...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 10:42 PM
dsl
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane-o
Has anyone tried the 6 or 8 hole conical pistons yet? I tried the 10 hole with 35/30WT associated but was hoping for some other's experiences.
Thanks,
Kane
I'm running 8 hole tapered with 27.5 F / 30 R, Great traction and bump handling. I also raised the ride height slightly. I was surprised that the truggy did not bottom out.

Last edited by dsl; 06-16-2011 at 06:22 AM. Reason: .
Old 06-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys, have any of you experienced any issues with the kit bearings?? I hear that some of the kit bearings are failing prematurely ( the big wheel bearing and the input shaft bearings for the diffs ) has anyone else here reported any of these issues ? THANX.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
Guys, have any of you experienced any issues with the kit bearings?? I hear that some of the kit bearings are failing prematurely ( the big wheel bearing and the input shaft bearings for the diffs ) has anyone else here reported any of these issues ? THANX.
I was just about to post the same thing! You beat me to the question
Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
Teeforb,

What's the throttle ball work around that you used? Any pics please?
Old 06-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

With the truggy...so far nothing.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
With the truggy...so far nothing.
Thank goodness! I just ordered a set from Avid to be on the safe side.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Spads11
Teeforb,

i can send pics later today when i get home.

Let me try to explain via text. You need this piece below (from v1 kit).

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ake-Slider-Set

and you need the brake slider that comes in the cobra-T kit.

If you look at both pieces, they both have fittings to fit into the servo horn of the throttle. What i did was, i cut the brake slider's fitting completely off that goes into the servo horn. I used the SER600120 (link above) as is without any modification. This part is used for the throttle. I slid the SER600120 part into the servo horn. I got a screw that would fit perfectly from the brake slider to the throttle slider. I bored the brake slide out just a little to give it a little independent motion from the throttle slider.

looking from the front on the car, the pieces would fit as follows.

throttle slider set SER600120 + servo horn + modified brake slider (cobra T kit) + screw

hope i explained clear enough.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i can send pics later today when i get home.

Let me try to explain via text. You need this piece below (from v1 kit).

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ake-Slider-Set

and you need the brake slider that comes in the cobra-T kit.

If you look at both pieces, they both have fittings to fit into the servo horn of the throttle. What i did was, i cut the brake slider's fitting completely off that goes into the servo horn. I used the SER600120 (link above) as is without any modification. This part is used for the throttle. I slid the SER600120 part into the servo horn. I got a screw that would fit perfectly from the brake slider to the throttle slider. I bored the brake slide out just a little to give it a little independent motion from the throttle slider.

looking from the front on the car, the pieces would fit as follows.

throttle slider set SER600120 + servo horn + modified brake slider (cobra T kit) + screw

hope i explained clear enough.
That makes complete sense! On the modified brake slider you just made the hole big enough that the screw would not impede the movement in any one direction correct?

Thanks again!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My Rear Hub Bearing blew up after 2 weekends, i used an axial axa1243 to get me by all that was available for the day before club racing.

Other than that no issues for me but 2 other guys are having issues when applying full brakes the rear diffs seem to be doing some sort of grinding, possibly spacing issues as the truck have been broken in maybe the gaps are to big?

Last edited by Will61; 06-16-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Yeah my rear hubs went after one weekend
Old 06-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Got to fondle one of these the other day, andI must say it is one awesome looking machine and LIGHT! Haven't raced truggy in a year or so, but this truck makes me want one!

Without looking through the 62 pages of posts, what issues are the racers seeing with this kit?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rfleck
Got to fondle one of these the other day, andI must say it is one awesome looking machine and LIGHT! Haven't raced truggy in a year or so, but this truck makes me want one!

Without looking through the 62 pages of posts, what issues are the racers seeing with this kit?
noting what so ever the car build it self almost.
take your time doing the radio tray
add a 2.7 rear sway bar and a hard servo saver spring billy nats set up with 3 1.3 holes in each 1.2 piston and its on
Old 06-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

That makes complete sense! On the modified brake slider you just made the hole big enough that the screw would not impede the movement in any one direction correct?

Thanks again!
Yep! Exactly!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Teeforb,

Hey, let me know if it works for you.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (99%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck

I would echo nothing as well. I'm not sure on the 2.7 sway bar, I have one because I was told it helped the truck, but in the month I've owned the sway bar I haven't pulled it or the 2.3 out of it's bag yet. I do though whole heartily feel the stiff servo saver spring is needed. I believe setup from person to person will vary quite a bit, as I've raced the truck on 3 different tracks and feel optimal setup at every track was different from the last, so maybe I haven't been on a track yet that the 2.7 or 2.3 bar would benefit me. Worse case scenario you buy the truck, the 4 dollar stiff spring and maybe a couple sway bars. Truck durability is out of this world. I'm sure there is an isolated incident of someone breaking the truck, but if my memory serves me correctly, in all 62 pages there hasn't been a report of anything breaking. I know I sent jkirkwood's truck over a 40 foot triple for a 30 minute main lap after lap with zero issues. To top it off, the truck is fast as hell, that same race it was one of two people to be in the 20 second lap time range (20.5) out of 71 entries, the other being the track owner that had quite a bit of fuel on the track. Three races, three podiums and I'm not that much of a wheelmen, the truck is that good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.