Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
8T throttle/brake servo killed; need new one - SAVOX? >

8T throttle/brake servo killed; need new one - SAVOX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8T throttle/brake servo killed; need new one - SAVOX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default 8T throttle/brake servo killed; need new one - SAVOX?

At the last race i've killed my Airtronics 94357 servo (0.07s and 125oz/inch) which i used on the throttle/brake on my 8T1.0. It was working fine for 3 gallons. The gears are ok but electronics are not. If i move the horn when applying throttle/brake it will move but once i let it stop it won't move again (i have to move the horn again). Do you have any ideas what the reason could be? Can i fix it somehow?

I've found a nice servo for a really good price and have a few questions.
It's Savox SC-1256TG

1. Is it a good servo?
2. I have an Airtronics MX3FHSS radio and i've heard that not every servo works properly with it. Do you know if this Savox will work?
3. Do you have any other suggestions on choosing a servo (Hitec HV is a little bit too expensive)?

I also have a digital Airtronics 94773m on the steering (0.12s and 195oz/inch). The question is if i should put it on the throttle/brake and the Savox on steering or the other way around?
Old 09-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sounds like a motor failure in your Airtronics servo. No way to fix it yourself. Airtronics may be able to fix it for you, but I'm guessing they will charge you.

I recommend Hitec servos. They are pretty much the most durable servos on the planet. If the HV's are a bit too expensive for you, look into the 7955TG. The 7955 is Hitec's powerhouse servo. It performs awesome and is super tough. It can also handle HV, so that's not an issue.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you for a fast reply.

My friend also recommended me this Hitec... That will be a difficult decision because 120$ is much more than i wanted to spend. Thats why this Savox interested me. It has similar specs to Hitec and costs 40$ less...

Now i'm completely lost!

Are there any other servos that should be considered (for less than 100$ )?

If i decided to buy this Hitec, would you recommend to put it on steering and Airtronics on throttle or Hitec on throttle?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I like the way the savox servos look and their #'s are impressive but I got sucked into a disaster with the Jr hv servos and lost a bunch of $$. Since then I have been using the hitec hv servos with great success. I use the 7940/7950 for throttle/ steering without issues. I did lose a 7950 in the e buggy but that was after some serious abuse taking 30 ft air and landing hard on the flat dirt track. It was fun but it took it's toll on the steering servo. It ran the rest of the day but the next day it was a no go for the main. Not the servos fault at all.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Donat
Thank you for a fast reply.

My friend also recommended me this Hitec... That will be a difficult decision because 120$ is much more than i wanted to spend. Thats why this Savox interested me. It has similar specs to Hitec and costs 40$ less...

Now i'm completely lost!

Are there any other servos that should be considered (for less than 100$ )?

If i decided to buy this Hitec, would you recommend to put it on steering and Airtronics on throttle or Hitec on throttle?
put the hitec on throttle!...also i would NEVER buy ANY other servo but HITEC!...only because if it stops working for anyreason other than you cut the wires or it got submerged in water,HITEC allows ALL local hobby shops to replace the servo on the spot!...they are the ONLY company that will allow that!...
Old 09-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
The 7955 is Hitec's powerhouse servo. It performs awesome and is super tough. It can also handle HV, so that's not an issue.
What do you mean by saying it can handle HV? 6.6V LiFe or 7.4V LiPo? I ask because Amain doesn't put 7.4V specs of this servo. It's not that important now as i have MX3 radio which can't handle a LiPo pack but maybe in the future i will buy Spektrum dx3s.

Seems like i will have to say bye bye to the money and get the Hitec
Old 09-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

1. Is it a good servo?
2. I have an Airtronics MX3FHSS radio and i've heard that not every servo works properly with it. Do you know if this Savox will work?
3. Do you have any other suggestions on choosing a servo (Hitec HV is a little bit too expensive)?

I also have a digital Airtronics 94773m on the steering (0.12s and 195oz/inch). The question is if i should put it on the throttle/brake and the Savox on steering or the other way around?
put the savöx either on steering or throttle and you'll be happy with it. Very nice servos. I've run the 56 in my 2.0T in steering and works like dream. Don't know any compatibility issues with savöx. Some even run them w/o reg. on lipos and they perform nicely with LiFe
Old 09-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Good servo, best bang for the buck.mostly used in euros.Dont know how the waranty is in the states.Never had to use it
Old 09-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What do you mean by saying it can handle HV? 6.6V LiFe or 7.4V LiPo? I ask because Amain doesn't put 7.4V specs of this servo. It's not that important now as i have MX3 radio which can't handle a LiPo pack but maybe in the future i will buy Spektrum dx3s.

Seems like i will have to say bye bye to the money and get the Hitec
7.4v lipo. It isn't officially rated for 7.4v but there are tons of guys running 7.4 without issue. Hitec rep's have also agreed that it will handle 7.4.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by deadmancourt
.only because if it stops working for anyreason other than you cut the wires or it got submerged in water...
... or you plug the LiFe battery with the reverse polairty to the receiver the only way i found to break (burn) my 5955TG. Stay away from HS965MG - it doesn't work properly - some friends of mine and I had some problems with it (shaking while breaking ). The 7954SH is a very good servo too - and it can handle LiPo w/o the reg as a standard. I use it for steering in my 8th scale truggy with 6,6V LiFe -

But whatever we would say about Hitecs, Savox is still a good servo with titanium gears for a very good price.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up Savox

I have been using the savox 1256TG for 18 months now on hyper 9 and 9e for steering with Life reciever packs in the nitro and cannot fault this servo... Big thumbs up... It has had some pretty major abuse in both buggies and has out performed the ACE's that I used to use for the steering. Recommend this servo. I also use the SC-0252mg (10.5 kg/145 oz) Savox for the throttle and has been fault less for over 18 months. It is just a standard low cost servo but has performed well.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiktor0410
... or you plug the LiFe battery with the reverse polairty to the receiver the only way i found to break (burn) my 5955TG. Stay away from HS965MG - it doesn't work properly - some friends of mine and I had some problems with it (shaking while breaking ). The 7954SH is a very good servo too - and it can handle LiPo w/o the reg as a standard. I use it for steering in my 8th scale truggy with 6,6V LiFe -

But whatever we would say about Hitecs, Savox is still a good servo with titanium gears for a very good price.
I did this at a state race earlier this year. I used non-polarized micro-deansconnectors and plugged it in backwards. The Team Orion steering servo (Savox rebadge) was toast and the JR throttle servo went a few minutes later. Expensive mistake.

Now I use polarized connectors.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

i have used two savox 1258TG's for two years in my eight t 2.0 and xray 808,

no problems, only thing i can complain about is the wires are dam long.

people here use them with no problems... hitecs are overpriced for what they provide. my friend had a savox go bad after 2 years... they still replaced it...

hitecs are not worth the price.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We have been selling quite a few at RaceMugen.com and several of our Team Drivers use them, and 0 failures so far, and everybody likes them
Old 09-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If your trying to get under 100$, the hobbico cs 170 is 90$. It's got titanium gears and the same specs as hitech's 7955. I run them on my throttle and steering and they work great. Haven't had any trouble at all with one yet. I haven't ran it that long, but I think there is a 1 year warrenty on them for anything happening to them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.