Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
8T throttle/brake servo killed; need new one - SAVOX? >

8T throttle/brake servo killed; need new one - SAVOX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8T throttle/brake servo killed; need new one - SAVOX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
Most only use an alum steering, I just replace my linkage fairly often and use a select few shim's to keep thing's a little tighter.
Which steering servo horn do you recommend? Losi? Hudy? Something different?
Old 10-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donat
If you run losi than the losi one is the way to go. Just pick the number of splines that works with the servo you run.

For Hitec this is the one. They make them for all of the major servo companies.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ervo-Arm-Hitec
Old 10-10-2010, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hdcruzer
What do you mean Jr dosnt do it anymore. Jr gives you you a 3 yr warranty. Send it back to Horizon. They always give you crap that its your fault it blew but they always replace them. Or at least they always have for me.
I hope they still do warranty, as I have just sent 2x jr9100t`s back, 1 of these was in my RC8T(throttle) for approx 3 months, and failed after 1 race
at local race meeting? The one that was in truggy prior, burnt out due to
the throttle return spring compressing too much, thus straining servo, and burning it out, and as stated put another in(3months in car) and fried, at end of last month?? Also I use the same servo in steering, and never had a prob with it? So in a nut shell if this keeps happening with throttle on truggy, think I will try another brand...Anyone else had this sort of issue with throttle servo
(particually jr9100t`s) in truggy or buggy??
Old 10-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Donat

here's what you want, Super Beef and should last years to come.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rvo-Horn-Black
Old 10-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GRANPA 67
I hope they still do warranty, as I have just sent 2x jr9100t`s back, 1 of these was in my RC8T(throttle) for approx 3 months, and failed after 1 race
at local race meeting? The one that was in truggy prior, burnt out due to
the throttle return spring compressing too much, thus straining servo, and burning it out, and as stated put another in(3months in car) and fried, at end of last month?? Also I use the same servo in steering, and never had a prob with it? So in a nut shell if this keeps happening with throttle on truggy, think I will try another brand...Anyone else had this sort of issue with throttle servo
(particually jr9100t`s) in truggy or buggy??
Ive never had a problem with the 9100t Ive been running one in my steering for over a year now and not a problem. Ive had a 9100s go bad in throttle but that was after almost a year of use. Sent it back to horizon and they sent me a new one.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
here's what you want, Super Beef and should last years to come.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rvo-Horn-Black
That's what I have be using for a while now and no more bent servo arms. Those are the strongest I have ever seen.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My buddy uses those arms and stripped one of the screws. Now he cant get the arm off the servo.

I think im going to try them anyways. I lost my last race because my steering servo arm came off.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by infanterene
My buddy uses those arms and stripped one of the screws. Now he cant get the arm off the servo.

I think im going to try them anyways. I lost my last race because my steering servo arm came off.

the only reason those small screw's would strip would be from not inserting the driver All the way In, pending the model it can be rather difficult to actually tighten both sides of the spline pinch.....A dremel should be able to remove the horn, Just tell him to be careful when he gets near the splines.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Servo Horns

Hi. I have been using many different horns over the years.

I too have used the Airtornics 94357 and 94358 as steering and throttle/brake servos. The 94357 works well, but, yesterday, I went through servo hell. I broke my 94358 throttle/brake servo because the linkage was binding up. I tried to make adjustments and finally after stripping out several gears within 10 minutes, I fixed that problem. The other problem is the Aluminum servo horns tend to become sloppy. I have had the stock plastic ones which seem to hold up very well. I actually think better and longer than the aluminum ones. For the most part, I converted over to the standard aluminum upgraded ones and they worked well in the beginning. After a while, the horn becomes sloppy and this causes your idle to jump up and down. Not to mention you brakes are not as strong as they were when the horn was new. After running out of spare gears, I switched to the 94357 and I have lost some brake strength, but, all is well. Plastic horn installed.

I have one of the horns with the double screws. I have hesitated installing this unit because of the stripping of the screw possibility. Have many people experienced this with these horns??

I also have two new Savox xxx8 (don't remember the part number, Hi torque (380 oz))servos waiting to go into my Serpent 811. I hope to have better luck with them and their horns.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

hey guys what savox servos do you suggest for buggy and truggy
Old 10-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default message

I would totally recommend Savox as a replace servo or the the other brands.

If you are looking for a good servo i would recommend the sc1267mg, it is a metal gear servo and it is already set-up for lipo. I run the sc1258tg and the sc1267mg in my cars and both are run on lipo.

I have use other brands in the past and have found savox are far more superior than the brands currently used by alot of racers and are really affordable.