Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new car???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

we just got confirmation from a TEAM LOSI driver that this is an 8 scale!...geared toward the avarage consumer and not towards the competetive driver!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Losi is saying its 1/8in specs so its 1/8th dont seem like it but hey if price is right might make a fun lil beater i didnt post the vid as an ahh factor cus no its no comparison to the real buggies but looks like a great starters buggy.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deadmancourt
we just got confirmation from a TEAM LOSI driver that this is an 8 scale!...geared toward the avarage consumer and not towards the competetive driver!
Yes and no. It is very much the size of an 8th scale buggy, but mechanically not the same as an 8th scale buggy. It has a small block engine, and overall smaller, lighter construction. Again this is all assuming it is based on the Ten-T which it sure looks like. If it isn't, then disregard everything I have said.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Yes and no. It is very much the size of an 8th scale buggy, but mechanically not the same as an 8th scale buggy. It has a small block engine, and overall smaller, lighter construction. Again this is all assuming it is based on the Ten-T which it sure looks like. If it isn't, then disregard everything I have said.
No ur 100% correct but the argument has been its 1/10th which its not its a ten-t with a longer chassis, buggy wheels, and some stuff to scale it a size up. It defanitly is a ten-t but instead of it being called a ten-b they had to bring a lil more to the table considering the ten-t was a fail for the most part. The small block in a 1/8 buggy is stupid imo but maybe it can be converted same with shocks. If its half price of a regular losi 2.0 and it can be converted with lil stuff then i would say its worth just to buy and play with.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Well I have heard from a few different people in the hobby about this... Some say 10th and some say 8th.... On the Losi page, they also say both.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Normally I buy a new kit every year but with all the hop ups I have on the 2.0 Truggy, I will probably just re-build it this year and fully deck her out.

With all the spares I just need a chasis and some shock towers to build a new kit lol. Probably upgrade to a BCE chasis for next year, mine as well.

Frank, did you have to do any major changes to the setup after adding the BCE chasis?