Community
Wiki Posts
Search

piston and rod mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see what your trying to do on your crank but for it to be done properly try looking at 2:27 mark of this video plz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7mVmgDRC-E
Old 08-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by captain america
It doesn't really matter what "we" think. The only thing that matters is, when you re-assemble your mill, does it run better or worse than it did before?
Interesting question......
I do realy think if you give some people here a good standard out of the box engine, let him run with it, take it out, say you will let it mod, only write "Murnan modified" on the head and give it back they realy say that it runs better
Old 08-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Interesting question......
I do realy think if you give some people here a good standard out of the box engine, let him run with it, take it out, say you will let it mod, only write "Murnan modified" on the head and give it back they realy say that it runs better
that would only work with someone that has never taken an engine apart before.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

to tell ever one the motor ran ok. it had way more throttle response,smooth where you put the trigger where it was going to be. as far as vibration it idle vary smooth hit the gas on a car stand the car did not move that much less than before and suspension move up form the power. the only thing bad was the car did die a little on the higher rpm. i can improve this with a pipe/hevy flywheel/tall gears. the only thing i hope is it stay together. the only i could see braking is the rod but it is a sirio rod if it was an os i would not have touch it.

i did some cuting one the sleeve. it a 5port +2. back 2 port where cut from the factory and went haft way down i cut them the rest of the way. the next two i cut at the same angle to the exit port +2 port on the bottom id not touch dont know what thay do or what to do to them. the front intake port i cut two line stright bown and smothing the lip on the top and bottom did not open it up any or cut in the middle to keep it stronger.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i know nothing about r/c engines but i know about reg. engine porting so i applied that to the sleeve of my motor all be it was a cheap one thought it would be good one to start on ran it this past weekend and it was alot better more power cooler temps with better run time all i did was fang the boost ports and mooned the bottom of sleeve to get fuel in faster
i want to learn about timing so can try changing it if someone knows where to read up on this please post link
Old 08-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
i know nothing about r/c engines but i know about reg. engine porting so i applied that to the sleeve of my motor all be it was a cheap one thought it would be good one to start on ran it this past weekend and it was alot better more power cooler temps with better run time all i did was fang the boost ports and mooned the bottom of sleeve to get fuel in faster
i want to learn about timing so can try changing it if someone knows where to read up on this please post link
Best place to start.

http://edj.net/2stroke/jennings/