Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Pro buggy Kit for under 450?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I'm in the same boat with trying to find a buggy. I am most likely going to stick with O'donnell since I already have the Z01T.

I can get the 2-1 kit for $340 shipped or the SG once released for $389 shipped. I am just stuck on do I wait for SG or get 2-1.

OD customer service is outstanding and their stuff is well built.

Alain
Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 98SILVERSTANG
I'm in the same boat with trying to find a buggy. I am most likely going to stick with O'donnell since I already have the Z01T.

I can get the 2-1 kit for $340 shipped or the SG once released for $389 shipped. I am just stuck on do I wait for SG or get 2-1.

OD customer service is outstanding and their stuff is well built.

Alain
spend the extra money and get the SG!!

and yes OD customer service is the best i have ever seen. steve odonnell himself has called because of a question my dad posted on this site.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
spend the extra money and get the SG!!

and yes OD customer service is the best i have ever seen. steve odonnell himself has called because of a question my dad posted on this site.
It's not even about the money difference it's at this point do I want to wait :-) . I hate waiting on stuff lol.

Alain
Old 06-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Get a Hyper 9
Old 06-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
Who else was in attendance? Obviously when they send their fastest driver to a race where there aren't any real "fast Pro's" they're going to win.

Trust me I know a couple guys who are very fast that dropped Odonnell sponsorships because they couldn't get the car to perform.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Did I mention that when they dropped Odonnell they went back to paying fo their stuff? Seems to me there must have been a reason for that.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

i know one guy ran the gen 1 buggy which sucked IMO (cant remember the guy name) but anyways ever since he left OD he has yet to finish as well as he was with OD. and IMO OD isnt really worried about the big stuff, they seem to be more focused at the average joe, and IMO thats the way to be. he is very willing to help you out with anything. he gave his cell and office to us and said "you can call me at anytime if you have a question, i should answer but if i dont leave a message and ill return your call within a couple of hours." now that service. and the product are top notch also. my dad has beaten the living crap out of his and its still together with no problem. and the drive train is indestructible. i bet you can run it a year and never have to replace anything on the drive train.

however, i like HB too. they are a little easier to drive and a little easier to setup. the OD is a little picky on setup but once you get it dialed, you cant beat it IMO.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the team chassis was just too flexy that's all
the sg/option ones are dialed

Last edited by speedy2; 06-17-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 98SILVERSTANG
It's not even about the money difference it's at this point do I want to wait :-) . I hate waiting on stuff lol.

Alain
i hear ya. thats why i bought a HB D8T instead of waiting for the Z01T-SG

didnt you run at loganville rc a while back? i think i remember you running a orange Z01T, maybe?
Old 06-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

i know one guy ran the gen 1 buggy which sucked IMO (cant remember the guy name) but anyways ever since he left OD he has yet to finish as well as he was with OD. and IMO OD isnt really worried about the big stuff, they seem to be more focused at the average joe, and IMO thats the way to be. he is very willing to help you out with anything. he gave his cell and office to us and said "you can call me at anytime if you have a question, i should answer but if i dont leave a message and ill return your call within a couple of hours." now that service. and the product are top notch also. my dad has beaten the living crap out of his and its still together with no problem. and the drive train is indestructible. i bet you can run it a year and never have to replace anything on the drive train.

however, i like HB too. they are a little easier to drive and a little easier to setup. the OD is a little picky on setup but once you get it dialed, you cant beat it IMO.
The guys I know were running the latest and greatest version back during the winter. All kinds of mods done to them and everything. Now that they're back to other brands they're winning again.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
The guys I know were running the latest and greatest version back during the winter. All kinds of mods done to them and everything. Now that they're back to other brands they're winning again.
not arguing with you at all because its the truth, but the new SGs arent even close to what they are now, the only thing i can think of thats the same is the fuel tank and the front spindles and maybe front A-arms.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Secret with the 2.0 is when you drive it you have to remember to "let the car do the work" you can lean on it but not to hard. If you do this it's dialed. Plus wrong tire will make a losi push. That's where changing the tires changes the set-up.
Could not agree more.

I'd go with the Losi, the geometry is top notch and from what I've seen nothing flies like it, if you "let the car do the work".
Serpent is on par with it's geometry, but it's new and parts are expensive.
At $519 I don't think there's a better current value out there. http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetai...OSA0804&cat=73
Old 06-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

not arguing with you at all because its the truth, but the new SGs arent even close to what they are now, the only thing i can think of thats the same is the fuel tank and the front spindles and maybe front A-arms.
I'm not sure if these were SG's but it is quite possible they were. I know they were the upgraded ones. Not the original version. I don't know. Odonnell confuses me. They have way too many versions of their buggy. Wonder why that is? For such a short time period they certainly have a lot of different versions of the same car.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not sure if these were SG's but it is quite possible they were. I know they were the upgraded ones. Not the original version. I don't know. Odonnell confuses me. They have way too many versions of their buggy. Wonder why that is? For such a short time period they certainly have a lot of different versions of the same car.
they weren't SGs i know that, there is only like 4 drivers that have even driven the true SGs. and odonnell only has had 3 since they started and the 3rd one isnt even out yet . the first one got changed quick but they gave the update kit away for FREE!! but the new SG that is due to be out in a few weeks is complete new buggy/truggy i know i want to try one out.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

You seem to have some remark for everything jmaxey has posted. It's obvious you don't like O'donnell and you're entitled to your opinion but no need to bash them. I haven't had any issues with my Z01T and would buy it all over again if I had too.

If they won the event they won the event doesn't matter who showed or didn't show up. It's like saying so and so won a Nascar race because of who showed up.

Every single buggy and truggy out there has revisions. Jammin X1 then X2 same thing with Losi and Mugen etc. They have had Team buggy and original buggy now coming out with the SG. Same with their truggy.

Alain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.