Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

its the only stuff that can handle Monty's power LOL
Old 04-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by r1harper
its the only stuff that can handle Monty's power LOL
no joke!!!!! wish i get could get a banner from them!!!!
Attached Thumbnails BYRONS GEN2 FUELS , POST YOUR RESULTS!!-byrons.jpg  
Old 04-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I've been watching all the fuel battles through the years.

I originally started running Morgan Fuels Sidewinder 25/15 back when Mr. Morgan was still with us. It was a good, solid fuel.

After that, I swapped to Odonnel 20/12; and later 30%. Lubrication was lackluster and it mainly showed up in rod wear; especially running .12's Also observed higher acidity.

Swapped back to Sidewinder after it was "reformulated" to 20/12...and then left for Byron's Gen-1.

Gen1 was good; better lube and VERY low acidity to the nitro compared to Odonnel.

Gen2 continued the goodness with better lubrication, higher mileage and the usual ease of tuning.

Running Gen2 25/11 works great for me. No bearing failures, no excess wear, excellent all around so far and definitely not another fuel on the market right now that is catching my attention or making me want to switch
Old 04-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RUNNINONMT
Thats why i said i had to make the change that is all i would run but they dont sell mugen fuel anymore well not locally. but thanks for making me look like a dumb ass i appreciate it very much.
How did I make you look like a dumbass?

If that's how you feel , I apologize for making you feel that way , not my intentions mr. Empty
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Out in public making friends again Monty? LOL!

I haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default gen 2

Great fuel, been running byrons for the last 15 years
Old 04-29-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great fuel and have been using it for a long time. I came from using S&W and there is no comparison. NOTE: I'm not saying S&W is bad fuel because its not, just not on the same caliber of fuel as Gen 2.

Last edited by RC-ZOMBIE; 04-29-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

S

Last edited by houston; 04-29-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

I was running Nitrotane for a long time, I found it hard to tune at the time. But it was not bad. Then at one club race, I ran out of fuel and the LHS did not have any because of the Olympics or whatever AE driver Kody N, told me to try byrons, he gave me a quart and it was noticeably different. IMO with my driving, if feel like the helped the engine deliver a smoother poweband, the smoke was not killing my kids who pits for me sometime, I think I get alittle more run time and my temps dropped from the 220-230 mark to 210-220 mark. I have not had a tuning issue since I have switched to Byrons. So as long as I can get it, I will use it.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i use go be true odonell fan but made the switch to 25% byrons just love that stuff ...only wish my lhs in auburn & montgomery just order some(hope they reading this thread)
Old 04-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I use byron's but i will not use H.E.S. hahaha !!!
Old 04-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
are you chocking up the bearing failure to the byrons fuel?

interesting , i have found quite the opposite to be true

did the fuel happen to be old stock at the hobby shop?
were the bearings faulty ?

i will definitely say that odonnell makes greatttt power for sure
The fuel was straight from Byron's when the Gen2 first came out. Front bearings were fine it was just the rear. One engine had two gallons before the switch and within 1/2 gallon had issues. The other engine was new and made it less than a gallon. I really did not think about the fuel being the cause until others in my area started having the same issues with several different engine brands involved. We did all get our fuel from the same shipment so maybe something was odd with that batch. You know the saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?

I have noticed with OD it takes a lot longer to get the metal pinch worn down in a new engine. I also think at some point OD changed because I remember it having a dirty smell a few years ago and it does not anymore. Rocket Science is the best fuel I have used to date but it is nearly impossible to get around here.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default R/C fuels in asia

I was running Byron's 30 Gen2 for some time and was satisfied with tunability and power till i tried Cosmo 30 fuels. Found it stabler and much cleaner on the internals. I don't know if you guys get Cosmo over there in the US but i've made the switch over to Cosmo.
Temps did drop a little too.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by plack75
My first nitro race ever I finished 7th in the A main at Hobby Hut for their season opener.. with a blown rear shock... running 30% byrons.. probably gonna try 20% to see if I can get longer run times.. awesome fuel
Byrons Gen 2 is no doubt one of the best fuels out there but I think in this case the credit goes more to your diving skills - finishing 7th in amain w/ a blown shock takes a lot of driving skills. Props to you!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by windellmc
The fuel was straight from Byron's when the Gen2 first came out. Front bearings were fine it was just the rear. One engine had two gallons before the switch and within 1/2 gallon had issues. The other engine was new and made it less than a gallon. I really did not think about the fuel being the cause until others in my area started having the same issues with several different engine brands involved. We did all get our fuel from the same shipment so maybe something was odd with that batch. You know the saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?

I have noticed with OD it takes a lot longer to get the metal pinch worn down in a new engine. I also think at some point OD changed because I remember it having a dirty smell a few years ago and it does not anymore. Rocket Science is the best fuel I have used to date but it is nearly impossible to get around here.
I don't think it should matter how long the fuel is sitting on the shelf as long as its kept away from direct sunlight and it is factory sealed... Only thing I would do is give it a hearty shake before putting it in the tank. But then again i'm no pro.... Any one wanna drop their 2 cents?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.