Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

lean-out the bottom end and or open the carb at neutral to allow more air to enter so it idles higher. But I would bet that you need to lean-out the bottom.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

what do i need to do if im not gettin gas from the tank like it is gettin enough gas for the first acceleration but then it doesn t get anymore. i took off the priming line from the exhaust because i was told that it is better is this part of it
Old 10-04-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

evan, i dont mean to assume youre a noob, if im patronizing you just tell me and ill feel bad

but are you letting the engine warm up? my truck will stall when i accelerate (sp?) if its still cold. i let it idle for a minute or two before i can nail the gas wide open, give it a chance to get hot.

if its hot and still doing it, then yeah it sounds like your LSN is too rich or lean.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

You need the fuel tubing running from the pipe to the carburetor. Tuning without this pressure line can cause headaches and will make your truck stall if you crash upside down.

Make sure you have no air leaks in the carburetor (it's best to seal it with a little bit of RTV) and that the tank and fuel line are in good shape.

mafia - It was a great experience..that's for sure. I will be racing with the big boys at every electric race from now on, but basically everyone who's anybody (with a few exceptions..bummer ) was there and it was MAD fun.

I did have about one bobble a race..and that was my biggest problem. The track was one of the toughest I've raced on and it was uncommon to see anyone drive the entire five minutes with no mistakes.

If you could have seen how fast we were going..man it was amazing.

nt - no problem!
Old 10-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

i was going to go this past saturday for my first ever race but it got rained out

oh well, theres always next saturday.

aaron, if you beat those guys, then they wouldnt be some of the best in the world anymore. so kickin the crap out of the majority of them is well worth the time id think congrats

btw, whats RTV?
Old 10-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

RTV is a type of silicone sealant, you can find it at hardware and car parts stores.

I race against the world's best..and my goal is to beat as many of them as I can. I want to be known as one of the "world's best"....I'm workin' on it!
Old 10-05-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

ill try the warming up but every time it stalls i look at it a few seconds later (the time it takes me to run to it) and no fuel is in the lines. yeah sometimes you would never know my dad is the best car mechanic in my town!
Old 10-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Aaron does anyone make a synthesized receiver for a JR XR3I?
Old 10-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

JR does- the RS300 and the RS310 will both work with this radio. You will still have to use crystals for the radio though. The module is integrated with that redio from what I remember. The JR synthesized recievers will work prefect for that radio. I use the JR synthesized recievers in my gas truck with a MARS radio and it works flawless. This way I do not need to use crystals in my reciever and I cut a hole in the side of the battery box to quickly change the freq in my gas truck. It is AWSOME!
Old 10-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks casper.I might get that receiver or i might save up my $ for a M-8.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Get the RS310. It is a bit smaller then the RS300. The JR radio is AWSOME. I am not sure what more you want out of it. If you are going to get an M8 wait for the synthesized version to come out. It will be worth the wait to not have to use chrystals anymore.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default os 18

Evan, everyone's advice is correct. I would replace all the fuel line in case of an air leak then set the needles back to factory adjustment. O.s engines are bullet proof and the stock settings should get it started and running every time. if problem still occurs check engine for air leaks like aaron suggested. install a new plug when you change the line. basically I would start back at the beginning.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey Aaron, whats up?

How did the RTR go at HotRod? Where did you finish up?

Sux that I couldn't make it...flight was waaay to much But its all good, I hit up the Tumbleweed Classic instead..didn't go to bad...won 2wd stock

L8, TK
Old 10-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Aaron,

You knew this question was coming....What was your setup in you MF-duce at the Reedy Race?

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

mafia - The same setup I posted a couple of pages back..I like to keep things simple..haha.

It was my driving that needed work, not the truck!

Tyler - I got smoked. And I don't mean that in a bad way..the competition was very close, and very fast. The B-main was a great place to finish in that group of talented racers.

Casper - Thanks for the help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.