Ask Aaron Waldron

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

I've actually gone to using molded 56's with 25 wt. in the rear, as I think it makes the car more stable, especially through bumps and landing off of jumps. But that setup does work very well and it's worth a shot.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yenrec
Aaron.. ive had this brand new motor for about 3 years now and i never knew what it was... i just found out yesterday it was a mugen mt-12 novarossi and i need an exhaust and header, and air filter for it.... where can i find the right one to get? and what ones should i get? im going to put it in an older buggy or truck and just use it to mess around.. what do you suggest?

he ended up trading this engine to me.. well if you look here.. you will see this engine is far from brand new.. unless novarossi has some new service where they will fry your new engine for you.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175487
Old 08-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
I've actually gone to using molded 56's with 25 wt. in the rear, as I think it makes the car more stable, especially through bumps and landing off of jumps. But that setup does work very well and it's worth a shot.
Thanks alot.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

looper - Ok.

trebor - No problem.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Aaron, I have a quick question about my new 8ight T. When I got it it was built extremely well and the transmission spun freely. I got some hop-up parts for and put them on today. The one that gave me trouble was the rear aluminum bearing inserts. They were easy to install but once I had the truck all back together the transmission in the rear seemed to catch a little bit every 3 or 4 turn of the tires. I took the whole rear end apart twice and finally figured it out. Everything spins smoothly until I tighten the rear brace screws that hold in the hinge pins and pinch the diff housing together. The tighter I go the more resistance I feel in in the rear spinning when I push the car. If I leave them loose without snugging them no resistance is felt. If I barely snug them then just a little resistence is felt (barely noticeably but not as smooth as when I got the truck). If I crank them down then it is more noticeable. Right now I just barely have them snugged. What should I do? It doesn't seem to be any thing bad, like I said you can barely feel it, but it is not as smooth as when I got it. Should I just run the car (it has not been run yet because my engine has not arrived) and run it in, or is there something else I should do? I'm assuming the screws must be snug, they can't just be loose with the heads protruding out. Any help is welcomed. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

It is normal that they will feel like they bind up a little bit when brand new.

Go ahead and crank the screws down, and run the truck a little bit. They will free up when they break in.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok Aaron i found the set up info i wanted. however after reading it i now have a ? about motor size. what is legal for truggy?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Inserts

Hi Aaron: What do you think of the molded and foam inserts ? Which one is more preferable on a tight somewhat high traction track ?
Old 08-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I thought you were coming out tonight?
Old 08-18-2007, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Jon - Yeah, sorry I missed it. I ended up hanging out with the family tonight.

redsand - I haven't really messed around much with tuning 1/8th scale by using different foam inserts. Molded foam is a great concept, and will be awesome when the companies can get around the durability and consistency problems. It's too heavy for truggy, but it's not bad in buggy.

As a rule, more traction calls for a stiffer insert. If you're running on a track with good grip, try a harder foam like Trinity's gray bomb one foam.

Bobby - .28 is the max displacement for the 1/8th scale truck/truggy class. Many racers run .21's, because the extra power is not always necessary, and you'll get better mileage with a .21.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Wow and you're still up at 2:00? That's cool. I'm kind of looking forward to having Saturday and Sunday with no plans at all.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Haha. I took my little brother and a couple of his buddies to see a movie last night, we didn't get back until late.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks Aaron. well at least i race at the Pit mostly, so i dont really need all that much power.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Haha. Even so, most racers go faster with less power.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Truck nats

All I can say is Losi sure had some bad luck yesterday, But on a good note Losi won the Ohio pro series finals in buggy and truggy. Top 4 in buggy were all losi, Eric clark,Curtis May,The Curt, and me(Shane Racer). In truggy I was the only losi on the podium but I took the win. My truggy was dialed in the 40 min main and never looked back the hole race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.