Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

O-M-garsh.....yall know I'm working at my LHS.....anyway, a dude brought in his NTC3 for an engine tune as he couldn't get it to run. So we took it out to the parking lot and I got it fired (pull start RTR car).

Anyway, I'm zippin it up and down the parking lot dialing in the engine when......and I havn't the foggiest idea how it happened, but the car hit a rut in the pavement and sent the NTC3 for a tumble and a half!! Of coarse the dad and the kid were standing right next to me as it happened and I felt like a total A$$!!

Well, I ran over there to find a broken rear arm mount, broken rear arm and bent hinge pin! What started out as a free tuning lesson turned out to be a dent in my wallet!

But what made it worse was that the dad says to me...."I thought you said you could drive." And the kid had a pout face on....But it wasn't sarcastic...he had that tone that hit me like I walked into a wall....Aside from me stuffing his car in front of the shop for everyone to see....and me being throughly embarassed.....I was like...."dude! I'm replacing your parts!" Shut the F up!

I got it all put back together.....but, it's just the fact at how unhappy he was when it was all over.

I dunno.....just a bad day I guess....
Old 08-12-2005, 03:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default Bear bites.

Some days you bite the bear, and some days the bear bites you. It just happens. If every day were perfect, where would the challange be? I am sure that this will turn into a good thing. Just keep looking up!
Old 08-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What online dealer sells the red option parts for the Thunder Tiger EB4 S3?
Thanks, Ryan
Old 09-02-2005, 01:58 AM
Suspended

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 10-24-2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Hahaha...you guys are funny!

And for whoever thought he was being creative with the "Where's Waldo" thing...I've been called that for years. Ha!

I think my computer issues are pretty much ironed out..and now that summer is over, I'll probably spend a little bit of time in my own house on a day-to-day basis.

Which means...go ahead and throw all your questions at me again!

BTW - The Mugen captured ends Adam and I have been running for a while are part number C6010A. I am running the new gray Heavy Duty ballcups everywhere except the rear shock tower, where I'm using the Mugen end...and only because that one is a pain to pop back on during a race.

The new gray ballcups are AMAZING. I popped one off in the A-Main practice at the Nationals this year and it was so hard to pop back on, that my Dad left it on my truck for the main, and it didn't pop off for the whole hour A-Main, and several club races once we got back home.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Suspended

Wink

What up A.W. glad to see you made it out alive!
Old 09-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

I've certainly been alive..just made it back to RCTech!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Aaron,
Has the Jammin CRT been released yet or is it still in the works?

thanks
Old 09-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Well.....Aaron, it's good to see you back!

I'm rockin' the college scene now. I'm actually writing this from my dorm room...which is small, crampt, a tripple room and one of my roomates is a freakin' DORK! The make it better, the other roomate is awesome, but on the football team, so I never see him, thus a have to put up with the wierdo when he's not around! I just convienently stay out of my room for as long as I possibly can to aviod being sucked into his endlessely confusing rambling nonsense!

OK, sorry, I just had to blow off some steam there! I can't handle this kid! MAKE IT STOP! I'm too nice to tell him to shut up though...it's driving me crazy....But, atleast my dorm is a "co-ed" dorm....so the first floor is guys...the other 3 floors are all ladies NOT BAD! I think I'm gonna have to bust out the MINI-T with the MINI camera

pissing off girls 101....fire up your nitro truck on any given day and zing it up and down the hall of your dorm and get fined 5 bucks from the RA for noise disruptance. It was worth it!....I won the bet.

getting girls to like you 101.....let the ladies drive the MINI-T, let them also crash it and keep the smile on your face....not easy, but worth it in the end....

making friends 101.....fire up your nitro truck on any given day and run it up and down the campus.

Looking like a dufas 101....trying your best to look cool in front of the ladies and tripping on the sidewalk....priceless.

College is tight as hell.....I'll see yall later!
Old 09-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

D_Ames - Last I heard, they were on a boat...:-)

mafia - There's something about this whole age 18-20 thing that's marvelously entertaining. Glad you're enjoying it!
Old 09-11-2005, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

AW glad to see you back. I have been running the rossi Pixie now for several months, all i can say is wow best enginge i have ever owned. The one little thing Im trying to make better is when its upside down, it seems to flame out faster then most enginges. not to bad. right now im running od77 plug(worked beeter then th mc59), my pressure line is about 7.5 inches.

any suggestions, thanks and great job at all the big races this year.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

I've had that problem a few times...it will flame out after you flip it over sometimes if it sat upside down for a while.

My solution? A little more fuel-line, and don't crash. Haha! Make sure you keep the engine running when you're upside down, and make sure your low-end needle isn't too lean.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

hey arron i was having probs with my t-maxx shifting. could you give me some tips on how to get it to shift.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Dorkmissle
hey arron i was having probs with my t-maxx shifting. could you give me some tips on how to get it to shift.
Inside the gearbox if you line up the two gears, you'll see a hole and a set screw. You tighten it, and it will shift sooner, you loosen it and you'll shift later. Play around with the setting and see what you like.

Don't get confused though, your gearbox has a rubber (thing) on it, pull it out, it will reveal a hole in the gear box....turn the wheels until you see a hole....look down that hole and you should see a screw. tighten that.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mike...I'm SO GLAD I don't hear that every day! You have no idea.

Besides, you loosen the screw to make it shift sooner :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.