Search

Truggy Engine Selection - Under $250

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Truggy Engine Selection - Under $250

Guys,

Would appreciate some advice on a really good engine for the Xray XT8 truggy. Looking for something under $250 if possible that is easy to break-in, start and tune. This will be my first nitro engine.

In time, I do plan to race...

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...519-motor.html
go to this thread and look at racer22's post.

He will hook you up with a Go GX-5R with a 2072 pipe for around $250. He can break it in for you to which i highly recomend.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can you find an extra $50.00? In the $250.00 range the engines available might not have enough Humph for a truggy...
But if I was limited to $250.00 this would be my engine of choice

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ine-Turbo-Plug
Old 02-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am running an RB Concepts Rally 9 in my Hotbodies D8T and it makes it scoot pretty well. I havent felt under powered on any of the tracks I have been at with it.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...o-Engine-Stock

seen a few run and they seem really nice...
Old 02-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hey i dont post here much and i really dont like bashing on people or their threads but i thought there were moderators for a reason and when the same post different user gets posted day after day after day they should start deleting... people the motors are out there their the same ones recommended in the 50 other truggy motor, best motor for under 250, etc... i have really started looking at other forums due to the fact that is all i see here anymore ... is there something mods could do to help with the constant "spamming" of motor posts???...ps so that i agree with posting help i recommend the werks b5 , odonnels ss.21 or a novarossi p5xlt or plus-4...thanks!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default v-spec

by far best choice for $250-260 os v-spec u can get em on ebay....easy to tune and ideal for truggy been running them for 3 years in truggy
Old 02-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by trickedout
hey i dont post here much and i really dont like bashing on people or their threads but i thought there were moderators for a reason and when the same post different user gets posted day after day after day they should start deleting... people the motors are out there their the same ones recommended in the 50 other truggy motor, best motor for under 250, etc... i have really started looking at other forums due to the fact that is all i see here anymore ... is there something mods could do to help with the constant "spamming" of motor posts???...ps so that i agree with posting help i recommend the werks b5 , odonnels ss.21 or a novarossi p5xlt or plus-4...thanks!
Simple solution, dont read the thread... And by the way, I'm not spaming, just trying to get some help, as I'm new to RC cars...
Old 02-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
Can you find an extra $50.00? In the $250.00 range the engines available might not have enough Humph for a truggy...
But if I was limited to $250.00 this would be my engine of choice

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ine-Turbo-Plug
Thanks for the reply... I could cough up another 50 bucks if it will really make a huge difference.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hey man im not trying to disrespect you but are you new to forums and reading and the interent too?? there at least 2-3 active threads about the same exact thing within the first 2 pages of this forum...why is it so hard just to read a few threads.....if you cant figure out how to work a online forum i really wouldnt want to see you near a rc track let alone running and working on one
Old 02-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Go to another forum, its going to be the same there also. Everything in here is a repost if you think about it.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GulfstreamIVCap
Guys,

Would appreciate some advice on a really good engine for the Xray XT8 truggy. Looking for something under $250 if possible that is easy to break-in, start and tune. This will be my first nitro engine.

In time, I do plan to race...

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Alot of the people where i run are going to the GO motors That deal that rex has is a steal. I do know they are using heat guns for the first gallon as they are tight.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Its amazing at all the quality budget torque machines we can get nowadays for truggy. I run my stock jpx21 with 4 gallons(has at least 4 left in it) and great runtime as well as power and sold with coupon at amain for about 220shipped. Recently i got this stock ofna jl 21 and at half gallon running smooth with very few wrecks gets 10min per tank on 30% with amazing power for 185shipped at nitrohouse. It does not come with plug but to get in your hands for that price its a steal and runs great non modded.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey man im not trying to disrespect you but are you new to forums and reading and the interent too?? there at least 2-3 active threads about the same exact thing within the first 2 pages of this forum...why is it so hard just to read a few threads.....if you cant figure out how to work a online forum i really wouldnt want to see you near a rc track let alone running and working on one
Sorry. I saw the other thread, and it referenced best buggy engine. I figured a truggy would need a bit more power. As to not figuring out how to work an on-line forum, there is no need to make such comments. Attacking my intelligence is really pretty lame... For the record, I'm quite capable of reading and figuring out how to work an on-line forum. That engineering degree I picked up, and the 15 years spent flying F-111's and then F-15's not withstanding...

I'll move on... No need to turn this thread into a war. To those who took the time to reply despite my poor forum etiquette, thank you.

Mods, in an effort to keep the peace, please close this thread…
Old 02-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

You may want to check out the Alpha S852 (http://www.alpha-rc.com/pdt_view.asp?sn=284). A buddy of mine at our track just got one, and is VERY happy with it so far. For just a touch over $200, it's a bargain.

Ryan Lutz is runnng Alpha motors in his Tamiya rides, and seems to be doing well with them. Probably worth checking them out....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.