Wiki Posts
Search

BCE racing custom chassis thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default rc8B chassis

All i can say is wow. My new chassis came in yesterday after qualifying was over from Battle of the Benjamins. I installed it for the mains and it performed perfect. I was only 6 seconds off the lead and had some motor fuel line issues. Ended up 5th but turned the fastest lap in the main. Ill post my setup later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks Bill from BCE!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Real quick. I just got the r8b pro for my rc8b off of ebay. Now is that the regular chassis and not the extended one? What threw me off is that is black and not naked as it looks in all the other pictures. If so.....dang!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

I dont think that is the new extended one. Someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

If not what's the advantage? Just lighter?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default results

Ok mounted up the new X5 mugen chassis last thursday and raced it at 2 different tracks it 2 different states ( ya i'm a junkie) The build was as i expected a simple bolt on process with no glitches. First time with the chassis i qualified 6th in the A with only 2 quals. out of approx. 50 pro buggies. To say the least it didnt suck Then went to the second race 2 days later and TQed over the home track paid driver but got second because of catching a tube oh well I suck All in all it is a very stable platform that is easy to drive.
BUT, this is a tuning option different than the X2, I feel it is a driving style preferance. Both have given me very good results over the stock application, I have what would be called a more agressive driving style than most such as drivers comig from or prefering the losi or hotbodies style, so i prefer the X2 because it does have a bit more forward bite with the sacrafice of stability due to it being shorter. For those of you that like to roll through or drive through the corner the X5 would be the hot ticket !

Thank you Bill for creating the option to suite both styles of drivers
Either of these chassis's are definatly a vast improvement over the stock platform.

Scott
Old 06-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can back up what Shinnbad is saying. I saw his car in the first race place, and it looked very good. Very stable even when the track started rutting up.

Originally Posted by shinnbad12
Ok mounted up the new X5 mugen chassis last thursday and raced it at 2 different tracks it 2 different states ( ya i'm a junkie) The build was as i expected a simple bolt on process with no glitches. First time with the chassis i qualified 6th in the A with only 2 quals. out of approx. 50 pro buggies. To say the least it didnt suck Then went to the second race 2 days later and TQed over the home track paid driver but got second because of catching a tube oh well I suck All in all it is a very stable platform that is easy to drive.
BUT, this is a tuning option different than the X2, I feel it is a driving style preferance. Both have given me very good results over the stock application, I have what would be called a more agressive driving style than most such as drivers comig from or prefering the losi or hotbodies style, so i prefer the X2 because it does have a bit more forward bite with the sacrafice of stability due to it being shorter. For those of you that like to roll through or drive through the corner the X5 would be the hot ticket !

Thank you Bill for creating the option to suite both styles of drivers
Either of these chassis's are definatly a vast improvement over the stock platform.

Scott
Old 06-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Bill any news on one for the Agama caint wait to get one make a good ride even better.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wojo1964
Wojo found you you, will have it next week
sorry for the delay getting back to you
we have a unruley printer that needs to
go target shooting ..and not come back
THX Very Much[/QUOTE]

Sorry to be a pain Bill,but I have not got Invoice# 0000001519 yet.I realize its a busy time of year.If it was sent what date was it? That way I will have a idea roughly when it will get here.Once again THX for Your Time.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

I have had the x2 mugen chassis for over a year now. I went through 3 stock chassis in a year and got tired of it. so for me i just wanted something more durable and didn't bend or warp. Trust me i am a pretty bad driver so i am rough on my equipment. Well after a year, it is still perfectly straight like it is still brand new. It's unreal how much better it is. I love this product!
Old 06-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Hey Dreaux Glad to hear back from you ..Thank you for the Update
WoJo I tried to give you a ring today if you dont mind drop us a email
at our BCESPEED site. Thank you.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

Repost from A/E thread.. Thanks Garrett for the Info
Was just going to post a few pics of the BCE Worlds Chassis up close. I attended the Battle of the Benjamins in Georgia a few weeks back with my RC8B and had only raced the car at one regional race. Let me say that the car is amazing. First weekend out with it at the Georgia Championship race with 165 entires it felt great. Two total tanks of practice/break-in and I was very very pleased. Had servo problems in qualifying and managed only one good round that was second overall only missing TQ by 1.7 seconds. In the main I had a brake arm on the center diff come out and lock my linkage up?? Yea wierd. The next weekend I tried the truggy tower on the rear with the A-Arm mod and wing mod at Dalton RC to prepare for the battle of the benjamins. The car felt better than anything ive ever driven at Dalton RC to date. Previously I ran a Durango and Hot Bodies and the RC8 did everything they did and more. The next weekend I arrived for the race and ran one tank of practice and the car felt great so I packed it up for the night. Next morning in qualifying first heat I had a bearing go out in my RB Engine. Fluke thing that has never happened to me before. The only engine I had to run was a Murnan Modified Werks B6. I strapped it on and it felt okay in qualifying. I ended up qualifying 4th. On the same saturday my new BCE Chassis came in. I bolted it on and decided to run it in the main with the same exact setup as the stock I ran during quals. In the main I had a rough start and came out around 6th place. By the first pit stop I had moved my way up to 2nd only 6 seconds off the leader Ryan Lopez. When I came out of pits the engine flamed.... I believe it was due to just a worn out engine because it continued to flame throughout the race out of the blue. After the race I looked at the laptimes. I flamed 8 times and still finished 5th, turned the fastest lap set on the track. Between the BCE Chassis and an awesome platform from Associated this race season is looking better and better. Also cant wait until I get my new Reedy's in. I want to thank Brandon Melton Daran and Chandler Elliot for all of their help so far with the car and also Team Associated. Here is a few basic changes ive done from the stock setup.

BCE Chassis
Short Wheelbase
Wing Mod
Truggy Rear Tower
A-ARM Mod
FTE Rear Hubs (use inner hole on hubs and inside second hole up on tower)
Next to outside hole on front tower inner on arm
Middle hole on rear tower inner on arm
10 hole 1.1 pistons 35wt oil front and rear OFNA/Jammin Yellow Springs F/R
diffs 5-5-5
Also take a little steering out with your radio to prevent CV Bending
Old 06-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NITROALM
with my old chassis i have actually tried to put my car togeter backwards because the rear end had just as much kick up as the front
Old 06-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NITROALM
Thx for getting bk,sent a reply via Your site and yahoo mail....Thx Again
Old 06-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default ....

Keep up the awesome work Bill! If anyone needs any setup help at all for the AE car feel free to ask on here or pm me as well. Will be attending the final round of the Arkansas State series this weekend if anyone lives around that area feel free to come take a look at my car.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Again Garrett, Iam sure when the guys get to see you run in
Person, they will quite amazed at just how fast you get your A/E around the track. Glad to see you back up to full speed again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.