Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 07:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The buggy looks really interesting. Let me know your thoughts about this buggy, I may be interested to add a review on my website.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

My brakes have always worked fine but the rotors do wear fast so you have to turn up the epa every race day. The only time my brakes have failed is when I cracked a throttle servo case and when my servo went out at the AMS in the A main event.

Avid Racing is currently making some brakes for the A8. Those should be wau better then the fiberglass stock ones. I always used Avid brakes on my CEN, Xray, Ofna, and Kyo cars.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 07-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sylvain
The buggy looks really interesting. Let me know your thoughts about this buggy, I may be interested to add a review on my website.
Please do!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Since no one has mentioned this there is a step missing in the manual. There are 2 inserts that go into the center diff mount to hold the piston shafts in place. They are aluminum collars and they slip into the 2 diff mounts after the piston shafts are dropped in. They go around the shafts to take out the slop
Old 07-08-2010, 04:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by one8updragracer
Please do!
I'd like to but I need to find a buggy first! LOL
Old 07-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I trimmed the brake caliper springs down to 1.7mm, seems to fix my problem. Everything worked with no fade for 20 min. The agama jumps really well.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was at Terribles RC yesterday trying to get James's car ready for the Wednesday night worlds at SRS and the kit is super nice and well thought out. I think they got 4 of the A8 buggies and they are all ready gone. There should be a few of the Agama buggies flying around Arizona soon. I think it is cool that Terribles RC has parts in stock and will be supporting this buggy. If it is 1/2 as good as it looks it will be good.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Lord

Thanks for helping with the build Marcus. It will be done tomorrow and I am hoping to get it on the track at SRS
Old 07-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

After going through the manual online I'm definetely sidelining my interest in trying an RC8b for the rest of the year.... and looking at one of these

This things got all kinds of ingenious little tid bits..... the sway bar mounts are nice, the bearing races on the diffs should be a big upgrade on how true your diff runs through different temps (temp your diff housings next time your bored lol it'll blow your mind), the radio box is cool, the amount of tuning available just with that is pretty cool, The CVD pin sleeves are pretty trick how the set screw holds them in, I think its got the narrowest chassis on the market, it cant be more then 4 1/2" wide, crazy..... lots of little stuff on this car that you never think about til you see it..... I like this guys thought process that designed it, very simple solutions to decade old issues on every car.

Good job Gene, its not just another re-bagged blah blah blah from chang chang hobbies..... I want to try one
Old 07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

jaz where are all the pictures you promised! I figure the car must be pretty awesome if you went through the build and skipped the pictures. You must be super excited to try it out, I'm jealous!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Lord

I have been taking pictures of the build. I have about 20 or so photo's. I was going step by step with pics until I started getting excited and forgot to take some. I should get it finished tomorrow and have all the photo's posted probably Saturday. I have come across some extra pieces?

Maybe someone can shed some light? There are about a dozen plastic collars that seem to be bearing covers but they dont fit any of the bearings. I can only assume that they are an option to use smaller bearings?

there are 4 parts that look like optional camber adjustment for the top of the wheel hub carriers but they are not referenced in the manual.

There is a weird looking plastic part that has all different size holes drilled in it that was in the bag with the radio tray parts. I have no clue what this is for and again it is not referenced in the manual at all.

Maybe Gene or one of you who have figured out what these mysterious parts are for enlighten me?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I have been taking pictures of the build. I have about 20 or so photo's. I was going step by step with pics until I started getting excited and forgot to take some. I should get it finished tomorrow and have all the photo's posted probably Saturday. I have come across some extra pieces?

Maybe someone can shed some light? There are about a dozen plastic collars that seem to be bearing covers but they dont fit any of the bearings. I can only assume that they are an option to use smaller bearings?

there are 4 parts that look like optional camber adjustment for the top of the wheel hub carriers but they are not referenced in the manual.

There is a weird looking plastic part that has all different size holes drilled in it that was in the bag with the radio tray parts. I have no clue what this is for and again it is not referenced in the manual at all.

Maybe Gene or one of you who have figured out what these mysterious parts are for enlighten me?
I think they are bearing inserts to use smaller bearings but not sure.

The 4 shock mounts I think are ASC style if you wanted to mount the shocks higher and lay them down. I have not tried them.

The other part is a transponder mount but I could not figure out where to mount it so I put mine inside the radio box..
Old 07-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Tony but I had nothing to do with the buggy except testing and driving it. There 100's of 1/8 buggies available from China/HongKong/Taiwain that are ready to be imported but are cheap knockoffs or low quality.

The Agama car was designed and manufactured by an experienced R/C racer and OEM manufacture in Taiwan. I was very interested in it when I heard about them and the project and was sold as soon as I saw the first proto pictures last year. Plus they had the great Mugen driver Dani Vega testing it and improving it from the very beginning.

I think it is a winner and as good as any buggy out there. I have always thought the Losi was the most unique and best design since I first saw it back in 2006 and the Agama performes just as good but has many new features that makes it a better overall kit IMO.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Maxy has been testing the buggy box stock for the last week and loves it. He is very picky and has tried every car out there including the new Serpent when it came out but went back to his Mugen after less then 1 month. He said the quality of the A8 is Xray like but the performance is even better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.