Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by killerkustoms
Maybe this question has been addressed before but what option parts are reccomended and what part should I keep for spares?

Also I believe the D8T shock pistons can work in the A8, I'm gonna try since I have the truggy.
I don't think the D8T pistons will work they are a little smaller than Agama.

As for hop ups and spares we have been running the pre production buggies for a couple of months now and wear has been minimal. For hop ups the usual.... option springs and swaybars . For spare parts maybe lower arms, hinge pins and bushes, brake discs, wing mount, the usual stuff for any buggy.

It would be nice to see a 3 piece type engine mount like Hot Bodies etc just to make it a little easier to remove the motor.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
answer rc makes 16-19T clutchbells with the bigger bearings and they hold up very well. The bearings last forever.
Yes I know. I carry Answer in my Hobby store. I agree they have awesome bearings. I have been using them and there bells for awhile now.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

I use a 16t clutch bell. The Agama bell uses two 5x13mm bearings. I tried the VP-Pro 16t bell also which uses two 5x11 bearings.

A 16t on the Agama is like a 13t on most other buggies. The 17 is for larger tracks or tracks with not many supercross style jumps coming out of turns.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Just got my Agama all done and ready to go! Is the 17T Clutch bell that comes with it recommended? Seems a bit big IMO. I am used to running 13-14 tooth bells.

Also one thing I noticed on the build is my lower arms have play in the foward to rear. Like a washer should be in between them and the toe plate. The manual I did not show any and not sure if one supposed to be in there. Not sure if I should leave it like that.

Also another thing was I had a way hard time getting the steering turnbuckle end to go in between where the steering posts are. Got them in there but it was tight. Steering is still pretty free but should loosen up after running it. Other that then it seems pretty good.
Use shims to shim the arms forward or back like you do on a Losi or Xray buggy. It holds the hinge pin inserts in place and gets rid of all the play/slop. Just make sure there is a little movement back and forth so there is no binding.

On the servo saver, I used an exacto to trim it sligtly before I installed the steering turnbuckles.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H
I use a 16t clutch bell. The Agama bell uses two 5x13mm bearings. I tried the VP-Pro 16t bell also which uses two 5x11 bearings.

A 16t on the Agama is like a 13t on most other buggies. The 17 is for larger tracks or tracks with not many supercross style jumps coming out of turns.
I also tried a 15t last week at my home track but it toped out way too soon on the straight.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Everyone keeps asking, so now A Main Hobbies is stocking the Agama A8.

A Main Hobbies
Old 07-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

And I had a big EVO sticker on my buggy at the AMS.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Started my build today and took a bunch of pics. Shipment arrived late so I only got the diffs and shocks built. The crown gears on the diffs are a very snug fit on the diff cases. Love the hard rubber o rings and the fit and finish of all the parts are nice. No issues so far and I drilled out the front pistons to 1.5 as per Gene's set up sheet. I'll post more Thursday with pictures. Wish the wing was predrilled.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

+1 on the wing, i need to do another one....oops
Old 07-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
answer rc makes 16-19T clutchbells with the bigger bearings and they hold up very well. The bearings last forever.
Pick up my kit today. I'm looking forward to having it done for some testing before the racing starts at The Nitro Pit on Saturday. If anyone is out there and would like to blow a lap or two (given its running/working) let me know.

I have started to play with the TKO ceramic bearings for clutch builds. The results have been unreal. The bearings are lasting longer than the clutch. I will get some for the Agama clutch bell to fit them.

Also, until shock pistons and springs are available has anyone thought of using Losi shock spring combos (the fit looks very similar, all be it a bit shorter throw, droop settings will have to be modified). I have a spare set I am thinking of trying.

Matt
Old 07-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Matt...just to clarify. If you have our MR105RT clutch bearings with the blue and black seals...they are steel. Just wanted you to know.

Glad you are pleased with our product.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peter Martin
Matt...just to clarify. If you have our MR105RT clutch bearings with the blue and black seals...they are steel. Just wanted you to know.

Glad you are pleased with our product.
Thanks Peter. I do have the blue/black sealed bearings. Sorry for the mistake, you are 100% correct.

And yes, highly recommended.

Matt
Old 07-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Anybody looking to try different springs,I fitted the GS Big bore springs.
The inside dia is a touch bigger but fits the collars okay.
The rears are a bit longer but their is a lot of adjustment on the rear.
The fronts are the same length.I am trying the yellow as they are a bit softer,will help on our rough track .
I will post how they go after the w/end.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Is anyone having trouble with the brakes fading? My brakes are no existant after a few min. I know what parts i can swap, but i want to try the stock stuff first. i think im goin to try runnin without the springs between the pads, it feels like there to long.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Picked mine up today still have to get the option aluminum bearing holders Agama usa was out.Got the option engine mount also option lightened engine upper piece.Kit looks great love the body!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.