Wiki Posts
Search

Who's had an engine crankcase crack?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpm1968
Easy buddy. Some of us "monkeys" might take offense.
Rev
you are a monkey for sure !!!!

and you love to start poop too
Old 12-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by houston
so is it fair to say you really like os engines steve?
I'm a fan of MANY different brands and types of engines for different reasons. There are certain Sirio, Novarossi, Picco, RB and other engines that I really like because they're particularly good in one area or another. I even like the four-stroke engines, even though they don't hold a candle to the racing 2-stroke engines. You're right - there are a lot of good engines and I like them just as much for their strengths. But the piling on OS is something that's happened for a while recently and it's undeserved. They make an excellent quality product that's stood the test of time and I think they deserve credit for that.

You may not want to agree on the sales numbers, but I've had closer access to sales data than most people. Perhaps 20 to 1 is a little on the high side, but somewhere in that range is probably closer to the truth than not. Heck, I work for a company that makes a competing brand, so if I were selfishly motivated, perhaps I wouldn't pat them on the back as hard. But, I have to give credit where credit is due, and they've earned it.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveP
Merdith points to the OS carburetors as a problem, which ironically has been one of their most lauded accomplishments for decades.
Yeah, I don't get that one either. OS carbs are superior to anything else on the market with the one exception of Novarossi. But then there are people that hate Nova carbs too so what can you do?
Old 12-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by wingracer
Yeah, I don't get that one either. OS carbs are superior to anything else on the market with the one exception of Novarossi. But then there are people that hate Nova carbs too so what can you do?
i think they are probably refering to how the whole side of the carb just pops out with the hsn assembly . i am pretty sure that one is a flaw
Old 12-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

you are a monkey for sure !!!!

and you love to start poop too
Your paddle is much larger than mine in the cauldron of poop.
That's why I dig you.

Who really drank my 1/2 gallon @ Pro Series Final?
Who left there stinky socks in the motor home for me?

Rev
Old 12-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rpm1968
Your paddle is much larger than mine in the cauldron of poop.
That's why I dig you.

Who really drank my 1/2 gallon @ Pro Series Final?
Who left there stinky socks in the motor home for me?

Rev
i drank alot but i definitely left no stinky socks my feet do not stink

with a shovel ?

i only have two fms available if you do want them
Old 12-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Great for the pro drivers, but new racers?

The os engines I've seen at the track are fast and easy to tune, but that is great for pro drivers who get new ones every big race, but the new racers have headaches with them for the last 6 years. Bearings, carbs breaking in half, cases busting, premature compression loss, rods, leaking fuel. etc... a lot to deal with for a new racer. I like nova, rb, engines the best. But overall from what I see is that of all the engines I see, it's os that needs a pinch, or ceramic bearings, or a new carb or rod. too much work to race. Engines should last at least 7-10 gallons with no work at all, mine have, with the exception of the blue head nova 367 engine that seemed to be a giant pain in the butt to tune, but all my other rb engines the ws7, s7 s5 and s3 were awesome, then my p5's, and bf engines have been so wonderful all around. It's just a safe bet to get a nova or rb engine. tried and true, no carb revisions, no changes due to reliability that os seem to do. they have been trying to perfect the vzb for years now, years to get reliability right. Not a good sign, on the positive they do run like they have an extra gear. the sound is wonderful they make, so smooth and the quick break in is handy too. For an extra 250 bucks over the 250 dollars for a p5xls. shorter life engine that may split in half or need regular replacement of parts to keep running past 5 gallons of fuel. I'm sorry the facts are facts. I've seen it over and over. If you got the time and money get one, but you are throwing your money away. Money doesn't win races, hard work does....
Old 12-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i drank alot but i definitely left no stinky socks my feet do not stink

with a shovel ?

i only have two fms available if you do want them
I know who the socks belong to, but I am going to pin it on you anyway!

FMS I don't know about. You know what they say about the cases!