Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tigergutt
Ok, will try that. we still don't have Serpent parts in Norway and the Losi dealer is out of shock springs. Can get Xray ones.
Blue-Greys
Old 06-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have no pins falling out either, that's impossible..

I just am saying, the ring should be rotated in his groove
till the pin can be seen and removed that way, without removing the ring
Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Initiate

how do u guys change the rear sway bar to a thicker one?do u change the bearings as well?if i am not mistaken the sway bar passes trough bearings.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by gottahaveit77
Let me re-phrase what I said earlier. As more kits came in to the country, they began to roll in with no collars on the tanks, and the missing 8X14 bearings. There not upgrades, REVISED is a better word. I own 3 kits, that's how I know about the rolling changes. Either way they work fine for me. Cant say I have ever seen any tank leak or crack..... Thats a first....

I also agree with Schreff, the car is Dialed!!! I just can't figure out what he is stuffing into his face, in his Avatar.....
Thank you very much on that note....

yes the Kit is Dialed!!!1 For me or anyone who is or has a Onroad Backround. This buggy has plenty of Bite!! And like Chad said, small pin tires are key!! I went a diff route and had too much body roll!!

I just feel the Rear is a little loose. I dont want to start playing with everythinig and adjusting everything just yet. I like to start small and work my way around a kit so I get familarized with how it works and what does what when I change things around...

Also using other peoples Setups are not always key to certain drivers. You may drive easy and he may drive hard. I just take a look at what the drivers change and replace, and see each Setup. Then I get an understanding of what or why he/she is doing what!!

Overall after 2 weekends racing with this Kit, I am in Love!!! Very happy I sold off my Losi for this!!! Built quality, Proven racer, and overall very sexy!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Initiate

my baby
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy-photo-0003.jpg  
Old 06-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

F..K I just toasted my 4th Futaba bls today.
Time to try a different brand???
Old 06-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have been running one of the Orion Ultra torques for 3 weeks. I do have 2 layers of heat insulating tape on the engine side of the servo.

The price is right on these servos, so far so good.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bigmane42
i wont race this season due to an injury to my dominant arm,but iwill definetly race next year and i have decided to purchase this buggy.i am new to racing do you think this kit is hard for the novice rc person.if so is there a site i can go to to have some one assemble it for me.
Assembled and ready to go!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrojunkie74
how do u guys change the rear sway bar to a thicker one?do u change the bearings as well?if i am not mistaken the sway bar passes trough bearings.
The bearings would not be the issue. The sway bar actually has 2 guides that set screw lock down and fit into the bearings. This way it doesn't matter what size bar for the bearings, but going above maybe a 2.6mm bar might have issues with the guides that bolt onto the bars. I wouldn't see a need for more than than anyway. If you download the manual from the Serpent site, you'll see what I'm talking about. It's like a flanged collar that bolts onto the bar.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

tiger - if you have toasted 4 servo's. then obviously something is really wrong. Either something is bound up, not set right, moving, twisting, something... Im pretty sure the northeast is a little hotter than Norway. I race in 95 degree weather with 60-70% humidity.. I haven't blown any servos up (9157 futaba) and my buddy who uses (Hi-tec) hasnt blown any up. I do know people who use airtronics has had issues but i wont comment on Airtronics I will say make sure you use the spacers for the tray. My servo looks like 1/8" off the chassis with the spacers.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
tiger - if you have toasted 4 servo's. then obviously something is really wrong. Either something is bound up, not set right, moving, twisting, something... Im pretty sure the northeast is a little hotter than Norway. I race in 95 degree weather with 60-70% humidity.. I haven't blown any servos up (9157 futaba) and my buddy who uses (Hi-tec) hasnt blown any up. I do know people who use airtronics has had issues but i wont comment on Airtronics I will say make sure you use the spacers for the tray. My servo looks like 1/8" off the chassis with the spacers.
Nothing binds, epa is good, I use the spacers and it's not hot over here.
:-(
Will try Hitec.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Nothing binds, epa is good, I use the spacers and it's not hot over here.
:-(
Will try Hitec.

Tiger, so why would heat be the culprit if its not hot? Gotta be something else... Are you using rubber grommets on the servo ears? I use the grommets and the spacer.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrojunkie74
my baby
How do you like the Tecno Power engine???? What kind of fuel mileage are you getting??? thanks
Old 06-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by underway
Tiger, so why would heat be the culprit if its not hot? Gotta be something else... Are you using rubber grommets on the servo ears? I use the grommets and the spacer.
I've never said it was Heat issues???
Yes I use The grommets.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I've never said it was Heat issues???
My bad... I guess the word toasted made me think heat. Do you use the rubber grommets? IF the linkage is set up properly then perhaps the culprit can be vibration?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.