Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

What collett is everyone running? Ive always used the Losi one with the serpent clutch.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Muggydude
Ok, so I was reading through these threads about the clutch-

I will want to run the complete losi setup- so I will need the losi clutch. bell, and collet.

i also want to run a 3/4 piece quick change engine mount, so that I can take the engine out without worrying about resetting the mesh.

Can I run the serpent quick change engine mount with the losi clutch?

Which M2C clutch can I run?

And the robinson xhard losi clutch bell should work fine with the serpent spur?

Thanks
The Robinson meshes great with the serpent spur.

I'm 99% sure you're good with the serpent qc mount and the losi clutch setup.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

it seems like every other car out there runs good on kyosho blue springs has anyone tried them on serpents, do they even fit ?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkuff-losi
it seems like every other car out there runs good on kyosho blue springs has anyone tried them on serpents, do they even fit ?
Sort of! I tried them and they make the car high in the front. I never ran them so maybe they'll settle enough. Also with the serpent collars they rub the shock body badly. I recall that chop said by using an HB adjustment nut that they fit better. A fellow racer used just the rears with good luck but he's back to white serpent springs now.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Muggydude
Ok, so I was reading through these threads about the clutch-

I will want to run the complete losi setup- so I will need the losi clutch. bell, and collet.

i also want to run a 3/4 piece quick change engine mount, so that I can take the engine out without worrying about resetting the mesh.

Can I run the serpent quick change engine mount with the losi clutch?

Which M2C clutch can I run?

And the robinson xhard losi clutch bell should work fine with the serpent spur?

Thanks
I had the m2c engine mount and m2c clutch setup with an ofna style bell. I think ascendery is the actual bell I'm running. But m2c does make losi top plates so you can use the losi clutch on a m2c engine mount in the serpent.
If you wannto run the losi clutch this is the he's option. There's nothing wrong with the serpet clutch though.

On the springs. Orange Durango rear and serpet orange, red, blue, or green front.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wheelie master
Gotcha. Thanks. Btw that's some nice nail polish you got there. Lol.
LMAO.. picture is from the csi thread.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Anyone running the truggy shocks and tower behind the tower? Everytime I see Eastons car, it is setup like that.

Does anyone know what springs, pistons and oil he uses in that setup because he wont say.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

no one running the mod yet because well the things you have to do to make work might cost you a race and form what i understand it still in testing.

when you flip the arms around put the hubs long you still got grind 6mm out the arm and hub to get back farther just to make to arms the other way and forward hubs
Old 02-18-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

There must be an advantage because he never runs the buggy rear shocks or shocks foward. It would be nice if Easton's real setups were posted. I have almost everything I need but I'd like to know what springs he uses.

Last week at our state race his truggy was dailed but he wouldn't share his setup with anyone
Old 02-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Last week at our state race his truggy was dailed but he wouldn't share his setup with anyone [/QUOTE]

That's not cool.....
Old 02-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

he might be working on some new things that cant be shared!!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infanterene
There must be an advantage because he never runs the buggy rear shocks or shocks foward. It would be nice if Easton's real setups were posted. I have almost everything I need but I'd like to know what springs he uses.

Last week at our state race his truggy was dailed but he wouldn't share his setup with anyone
Originally Posted by J.Whiting
he might be working on some new things that cant be shared!!!!
I hope so ....
Old 02-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've never known Billy not to give his setup out. Did you go up to him and ask if you could see his truggy? Usually he will unless he's super busy. I have the setup for the truggy if you want it. Email me@ [email protected]

The buggy is more complicated to explain about what is different with the rear end, it has more to do with just truggy shocks and shock tower. To be honest its way more complicated than it's worth to try and copy it. There's a lot of machining and drilling. The parts he is running now will be available in the near future. At the jc clash in december I was competitive with the stock parts as well as Josh and JP with stock parts at the fl state series races. Billy could win with a shoebox.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=J.Whiting;10346834]he might be working on some new things that cant be shared!!!![/

Maybe but it's been like that since the beginning.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe but it's been like that since the beginning.
Actually it's been like that since about July or august of 2011. He testing new stuff all the time. Just because the shocks are on the back does not mean everything else has been the same since then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.