R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/348959-serpent-811-cobra-buggy.html)

porkchop 10-29-2010 06:34 PM

jeff the disk they are making are the same as the mugen i have a set of plates and disk and i know some one was runing them i just want to know how

KaGe 10-30-2010 01:59 AM

Yeah the Mugen discs will slip right onto the outdrives but the brake pads need modifying. You need to elongate the holes outward with a carbide rotary tool. You can also use Kyosho brake pad bolts as they are thinner and require less grinding of the holes.

Azizi 10-30-2010 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by gottahaveit77 (Post 8137349)
Take it easy....:D:D

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/u...7/IMG_1057.jpg

Going to try these Original prototype brakes, production ones will be slightly different, and to the naked eye the Truggy hub carriers look like the buggy ones, however they do have different roll-centers. Going to try these on my buggy, post on Sunday to see if the theory proves to be true.:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

HAI.....WHAT HAPPEN FOR ORIGINAL ONE (S811)..

mcion 10-31-2010 08:18 AM

Anyone know where to get 811 shock springs. I saw they had some new weights, but everywhere i look i see only the old weights.

hopupking 10-31-2010 03:39 PM

Question

I am considering making a switch from my Losi car. I am trying to decide which car to try. I have read on this thread for awhile and am interested. Personally at our local level a Losi wins over 90% of the races I attend. I read on here guys switching from other brands but what about the losi car. How does this car which takes many cues from the Losi compete with it.

mcion 10-31-2010 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by hopupking (Post 8147413)
I am considering making a switch from my Losi car. I am trying to decide which car to try. I have read on this thread for awhile and am interested. Personally at our local level a Losi wins over 90% of the races I attend. I read on here guys switching from other brands but what about the losi car. How does this car which takes many cues from the Losi compete with it.

That is a tough question, I am sure it is probably more durable, but for the most part your question comes down to driver.

Chad Phillips 10-31-2010 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by mcion (Post 8147451)
That is a tough question, I am sure it is probably more durable, but for the most part your question comes down to driver.

its way more durable. the arms don't bow, the drive train last 100 fold longer than the losi. I had 4 gallons on my drive train before i changed it and I only changed it because im going to the worlds. It could have went a while more...

The car drives like a touring car on dirt. that would be my best description.

porkchop 10-31-2010 05:03 PM

hands down my new fav car of all time had a weird tracton roll to break the front shock tower in warm up form 3ed round but the car felt amzing after some tweeks :)
i have never seen this much steering ever. and if you tell it where to go it gose now and not after it push. this 50/50 breaking thing is nutty i thought it was going to be stupid and not turn but dose not and my timing was all messed up

car fun

shock tower :flaming:

mcion 10-31-2010 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips (Post 8147681)
its way more durable. the arms don't bow, the drive train last 100 fold longer than the losi. I had 4 gallons on my drive train before i changed it and I only changed it because im going to the worlds. It could have went a while more...

The car drives like a touring car on dirt. that would be my best description.

Someone said the same thing to me. Said it had a lot of features of an onroad car. I am loving the innovation that serpent brings to the table, but I am too deep into Xray so I can only afford to put the Serpent shocks on my car. I might catch a cheap roller one day to check it out.

1fastdude 11-01-2010 04:14 AM

What is the number of teeth that is stock on the clutch bell?

Chad Phillips 11-01-2010 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by 1fastdude (Post 8149873)
What is the number of teeth that is stock on the clutch bell?

1fastdude 11-01-2010 04:47 AM

Thanks Chad, the instructions weren't very clear!

Chad Phillips 11-01-2010 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by 1fastdude (Post 8149950)
Thanks Chad, the instructions weren't very clear!

no problem

heavyjeffd 11-01-2010 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by hopupking (Post 8147413)

I switched from Losi, or Loosi, to the 811.

The biggest difference to me was just how much tighter the car feels. My 8ight 2.0 had so much slop in the steering and there was nothing I could do about it.

After a full gallon I'm pretty sure my 811's steering is tighter than my 8ight's was before it was ever run.

Regardless it's more about the driver than the car anyway. The big thing is to just find the car that suits your driving style. If you like a lot of steering and very quick handling, check out the Serpent. :)

porkchop 11-01-2010 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd (Post 8150382)
Regardless it's more about the driver than the car anyway. The big thing is to just find the car that suits your driving style. If you like a lot of steering and very quick handling, check out the Serpent. :)

hand down for sure the most responsive car i ever driven