R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/348959-serpent-811-cobra-buggy.html)

Chad Phillips 09-13-2010 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by ryWA (Post 7933233)
I know when mine was bucking in the rear end it ended up being the rear hinge pins/arms binding and the sway bar mounts to tight!

To fix the sway bar kyosho make a 12x15x.4 shim grab some if you can and stick 2x of them under the hex on the sway bar mount and tighten it down, then ream your rear arms and check the hinge pins! Worked for mine.

By the way i am another serpent driver from Geraldton Western Australia, there are a few of us in Aus!

i want to come to australia and race.. I would be glad to help you guys out.. You are right though.. i am not sure how many people lock there sway bar nuts which will cause binding..

ryWA 09-13-2010 05:30 AM

Mate The racing is always fun over here, sounds like you guys have some interesting fellas racing over there!:p

Yeah the kyosho shim trick is the best one so far, it works a treat cause you can do the nut up fully and not have to worry about it coming loose!

As JDe said there are about 8 or 9 of us In WA that run them and we all trade set ups and little fixes when we find them, as far as i know all the boys here love the car, we are still yet to have a servo fail and the only real complaint so far from just about all of us is how sh$t the screws are, the heads strip out just by looking at them!:nod: Other than that the car is killer, im very happy i made the switch!

We are always happy to have international racers here for our events, and from the feed back so far the crew that do make the trip are happy they did.

Marcos.J 09-13-2010 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin (Post 7932793)
first of all chad, i dont know who u think your talking to, but i am me, this is my ONLY s/n..and i will FOR sure come up and make a introduction as im SURE we will see each other real soon, and than i want to see you come out your mouth the way you do, notice how that 1 troublemaker did it once and that was the end of him? cause i am not a little kid, and you for sure will see so yourself as soon as i can, ask ur boss..lol./.and even more at toro, o gosh how long can this go on for, YOUR 100% RIGHT HOW LONG WILL SERPENT CONTINUE TO SCREW THE PUBLIC OVER, dont hate me cause i stress my concerns, and i have 2 btw? how would you know either way, i bought 1 car from you, thats all, i have a 30x19 1/2 hobby room filled with cars...and i demand better suport, but all SERPENT seems to do, is send little front line soldiers like yourself to come on here and aggravate the situation, scroll back, and i assure you chad im not alone!! And absolute lost my buisness and my respect at this point forward, see you around to finish our talk, jus look for the lil kid and youll find me,,,btw didnt u get tossed off a drivers stand not to long ago for being a lil bit of a punk? well i am 3 times the size of ur last tosser...u just had to jump in..good way to loose alot of buisness, and i will post in here as long as i want to, and serpent WILL supply me with the fix when or if it ever comes out. thats 2 of them....

and chad who is my alternate identity? and ur publically sharing my billing info on a public forum?wow...id like to meet the other "me" please advise...that should be interesting

take a deep breath and relax :)

Chad Phillips 09-13-2010 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by ryWA (Post 7933285)
Mate The racing is always fun over here, sounds like you guys have some interesting fellas racing over there!:p

Yeah the kyosho shim trick is the best one so far, it works a treat cause you can do the nut up fully and not have to worry about it coming loose!

As JDe said there are about 8 or 9 of us In WA that run them and we all trade set ups and little fixes when we find them, as far as i know all the boys here love the car, we are still yet to have a servo fail and the only real complaint so far from just about all of us is how sh$t the screws are, the heads strip out just by looking at them!:nod: Other than that the car is killer, im very happy i made the switch!

We are always happy to have international racers here for our events, and from the feed back so far the crew that do make the trip are happy they did.

i have always wanted to come there, race... go to the great barrier reef, see Great Whites in person.. Only thing i don't like about AU is all the freaking poisonous snakes, spiders, and things of that nature. You guys have them all and you can keep them to hehe.. LOL

EBMods 09-13-2010 05:57 AM

Chad keep up the good work, don't let the haters get you down. Joe at AbsoluteHobbyz.com has the right man working for him. Everyone knows that you guys go above and beyond for your customers.

gottahaveit77 09-13-2010 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by EBMods (Post 7933373)
Chad keep up the good work, don't let the haters get you down. Joe at AbsoluteHobbyz.com has the right man working for him. Everyone knows that you guys go above and beyond for your customers.

+1, Ed is right. Keep doing what you do.

Marcos.J 09-13-2010 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips (Post 7931570)

IF you were in the Marines, please re-enlist and go kill some bad guys.. With all the energy you using to bash a toy car company on-line, you can end the war yourself.

thanks and have a nice day :smile:

I'm a former Marine and I wish I could re-enslist but I'm too old and I cant get a waiver to do so:)

Lets keep the BS off this thread and lay off the Marine comments. It's a tittle that "only" few can claim.

Chad Phillips 09-13-2010 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 7933425)
I'm a former Marine and I wish I could re-enslist but I'm too old and I cant get a waiver to do so:)

Lets keep the BS off this thread and lay off the Marine comments. It's a tittle that "only" few can claim.

closest thing i have to being in the military is both my grandpa's were in WW2..
they had some amazing stories.. anyway..

back to your regular scheduled program... :lol:

JDe 09-13-2010 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by ryWA (Post 7933285)

Replaced all my screws today with high tensile zinc coated, not only are they better but polished silver!! If you cant go fast look fast!
Don't forget the bearing quality, also replaced this week :P

I like the 'kyosho shim trick' i may try it, i have had it come loose once but since then its swimming in thread lock and no problems!

Just finished another rebuild, car feels fast even on the bench :P Have about 8L through the car so its all loosy goosy now. Big meet on this weekend (Grass) and have a fairly good set-up working, pitty about the driver :ha:

JDe 09-13-2010 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips (Post 7933318)
i have always wanted to come there, race... go to the great barrier reef, see Great Whites in person.. Only thing i don't like about AU is all the freaking poisonous snakes, spiders, and things of that nature. You guys have them all and you can keep them to hehe.. LOL

You should come "Down Under"! We have many better reef's then the Great Barrier on the western side of the country and you don't have to worry about the poisonous snakes and spiders, the crocodiles ate them all...

International drivers have a god like following here, I should get a Canadian passport :lol:

Chad Phillips 09-13-2010 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by JDe (Post 7933465)
You should come "Down Under"! We have many better reef's then the Great Barrier on the western side of the country and you don't have to worry about the poisonous snakes and spiders, the crocodiles ate them all...

International drivers have a god like following here, I should get a Canadian passport :lol:

i will.. i have a friend there also.. "Christian Jones" what is a good race to attend there?

Chris Peralta 09-13-2010 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by skidoos (Post 7929355)
oh give me a break, u know the car is good, but bc of this thread u didnt buy the car, get real, if you really wanted it u would get it, not bc of some talkin on a thread, so u rather buy a car where the thread is good and the car is crap??

You sir would do the entire R/C community a favor by keeping your mouth shut and going back to eating boogers!!! I replied to someone that had the same feelings on here as me!! I could care less if you think I was or was not going to buy the car. I saw the car drive and it looked great on the track, I have also seen a ton of posts about how good the car is so YES I was ready to have 2 kits delivered to me for our final RC pro race.

Whats with the jibberish about the thread is good the car is crap??? You have no clue what kind of car I am driving so just like all of your other posts it basically a waste of server space for RCTech. Maybe you can email Serpent and tell them you are representing their product so well you deserve a sponsorship.

Keep up the good work ladies!!!! :nod::nod:

skidoos 09-13-2010 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta (Post 7933626)
You sir would do the entire R/C community a favor by keeping your mouth shut and going back to eating boogers!!! I replied to someone that had the same feelings on here as me!! I could care less if you think I was or was not going to buy the car. I saw the car drive and it looked great on the track, I have also seen a ton of posts about how good the car is so YES I was ready to have 2 kits delivered to me for our final RC pro race.

Whats with the jibberish about the thread is good the car is crap??? You have no clue what kind of car I am driving so just like all of your other posts it basically a waste of server space for RCTech. Maybe you can email Serpent and tell them you are representing their product so well you deserve a sponsorship.

Keep up the good work ladies!!!! :nod::nod:

how rude, wow, dont need a sponsorship, my life isnt revolved around rc like some, all i am saying buy the car u wont regret it, i have not had one issue, not even a servo, so if it makes u feel good to tell me off then do it, hope it was worth it and made u feel good, anyways chad how can i get a wider wheel base? are those option offsets make the wheel base wider??

Chad Phillips 09-13-2010 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by skidoos (Post 7933755)
how rude, wow, dont need a sponsorship, my life isnt revolved around rc like some, all i am saying buy the car u wont regret it, i have not had one issue, not even a servo, so if it makes u feel good to tell me off then do it, hope it was worth it and made u feel good, anyways chad how can i get a wider wheel base? are those option offsets make the wheel base wider??

I dont think most ppl know this but the car is at the maximum width. Billy made narrow wheel hexes so you can narrow the car.. really a genius thing.. if u need more steering narrow the front end, if you need more traction narrow the rear end.. :D

skidoos 09-13-2010 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips (Post 7933777)
I dont think most ppl know this but the car is at the maximum width. Billy made narrow wheel hexes so you can narrow the car.. really a genius thing.. if u need more steering narrow the front end, if you need more traction narrow the rear end.. :D

so whats does the option 1mm 2 mm offset do make it wider or narrower??