Tires/wheels Balancing??!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tires/wheels Balancing??!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

I have some proline caliber vtr's, should i try and balance them? I think their site said they dont need it.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sicsam
I have some proline caliber vtr's, should i try and balance them? I think their site said they dont need it.
They need it, Not as much as others but put them on the balancer and see. I balance every tire that goes on my RC cars, I feel it helps on the track.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
having the weight Off the mark.....if the tire's out A Lot you have to Spread the weight out to get the tire to balance out.
Is this a reason you prefer the tape? I am dead on my marks, but sometimes a 'new' heavy spot is created. I was guessing that my clay was too accurate-not spread out enough....
Old 11-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Is this a reason you prefer the tape? I am dead on my marks, but sometimes a 'new' heavy spot is created. I was guessing that my clay was too accurate-not spread out enough....

partially....i like the tape for a lot of reason.....Imo its easier to work with then putty and i Know How much weight ive added....not just guessing how many blobs of putty was put on....but every one has their preferences....and you gotta try it to know.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

What lengths of tape have you found to work the best to spread out the weight? Or do you vary this depending on how much the wheel is out?
Old 11-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Lord

What lengths of tape have you found to work the best to spread out the weight? Or do you vary this depending on how much the wheel is out?

exactly....if its out by say more then 8g's then ill do full 3g strips which is almost 1/2 the circumference of the rim which spreads out the weight just dandy....most are under 6g...so ill do overlapped layer's of 1.5g or 3g and for buggy's its normally 1 or under....some are .5g some are 1.5g....all tires are different and will be different from the next one out of the exact same package.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Lord

here's a couple truggy aka tires....citi and Ibeam..the 3 pics on page 1 were all buggy.

Dual 1.5g strips with 1 that weighed 1.6

2 strips of 1.5 again
Old 11-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

WOOW, never thought my thread will have such importance

cheers

Ali
Old 11-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
WOOW, never thought my thread will have such importance

cheers

Ali
Yeah, good job. I have always balanced my wheels, but have had some concerns which may get figured out from this thread.

Thanks for sharing Integra. Do you occasionally still run into 'new' heavy spots while balancing with the tape?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Lord

Yeah, good job. I have always balanced my wheels, but have had some concerns which may get figured out from this thread.

Thanks for sharing Integra. Do you occasionally still run into 'new' heavy spots while balancing with the tape?

every once in a while when dealing with a heavy tire ya but if its going down that road ill rip the tape off and start again.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Could you put a buggy rim on the hudy in reverse position, and apply putty 180* opposite of the natural heavy spot and just use a razor knife to remove a small amount , then re check and remove a little more if needed???It seems easier to remove a small amount than to add.I have a hudy and still have not had the courage to try and balance a set better than they are when they come out of the package(AKA). But I will!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
Could you put a buggy rim on the hudy in reverse position, and apply putty 180* opposite of the natural heavy spot and just use a razor knife to remove a small amount , then re check and remove a little more if needed???It seems easier to remove a small amount than to add.I have a hudy and still have not had the courage to try and balance a set better than they are when they come out of the package(AKA). But I will!!!!!!

I dont see why not.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Just got a Dynamite balancer from Ebay. The guy said it was new never used and it was! I know why he never used it, you put the tire on it and spin it and it just stops any where, different spot every time. I fixed it, I took the rubber seals off the bearings, now it works right, heavy spot down every time.
Just a FYI for anybody using this balancer. Oh, and spray some lube on the bearings before using too!♠
Old 11-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Integra
I dont see why not.
I put my buggy wheels and tires on the Hudy backwards, it does work ,and it makes balancing them very easy. You would have to try this to see that it does work because the outside of the wheel is round and the inside is hex. The Hudy round finger nut fits inside the wheel hex perfectly.I'm also gonna use plumbers putty,and will probably put more than I need and remove small amounts until it is perfect.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
Just got a Dynamite balancer from Ebay. The guy said it was new never used and it was! I know why he never used it, you put the tire on it and spin it and it just stops any where, different spot every time. I fixed it, I took the rubber seals off the bearings, now it works right, heavy spot down every time.
Just a FYI for anybody using this balancer. Oh, and spray some lube on the bearings before using too!♠

Buddy's Hudy did the same thing.

i just went back to my dubro and told buddy its a piece.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.