Tires/wheels Balancing??!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

So what is a good pudy to use?
Old 11-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Integra- I have been using the dynamite lead tape from amain.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

nooooo!!nooo! dynamite lead strips, very thin, they stick quite good. probably talking grams but never the less on one I had to put three strips about 3/4 " long on top of each other to get it balanced.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mudboger07
So what is a good pudy to use?
Zero off wheels....you can use either putty or tape....1/2 off wheels tape is mandatory.

Originally Posted by willbe
Integra- I have been using the dynamite lead tape from amain.
good stuff but on the expensive side.....check into a local golf distributor and you might find 100" rolls for 4-5$

Originally Posted by rotarynut
nooooo!!nooo! dynamite lead strips, very thin, they stick quite good. probably talking grams but never the less on one I had to put three strips about 3/4 " long on top of each other to get it balanced.
the tape i have is 1g for 50mm worth of tape....when i balance i normally need as little as .3g and all the way up to 6g.

Every tire is different from 1 brand to the next as per how much they are out...here's a couple set's of aka's which are supposedly perfect and dont need balancing (IMO Every tire needs a little here or there)..there's NO such thing as a perfectly balanced tire outta the package.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys,

thanks alot for all the inputs and answers, however, i didnt get the balancing method yet i didnt watch the Proline vid since alot are sayin that its not done right, i dont want to confuse myself right from the beggining.

cheers

ALi
Old 11-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I like the GMK sticky stuff. I dont like the racers edge it does not stick very will.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

ya I to like the GMK black sticky stuff it's quick and ez
have the lead strips but it's a pain to use I'm lazy
Old 11-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You can get a BRICK of non-hardening modeling clay from HobbyLobby for relatively inexpensive and it's more than enough to last over a season. Comes in colors too
Old 11-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes, it makes a big difference. Yes, you should start doing it.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mblgjr
You can get a BRICK of non-hardening modeling clay from HobbyLobby for relatively inexpensive and it's more than enough to last over a season. Comes in colors too
umm..wouldnt dirt stick to the clay? how about jb weld stick? after you get through balancing, it will harder and be dirt proof. just a thought.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The dirt will stick to the clay but its nly going to be a layer of fine dust that will stick, wouldnt even be able to be measured in micrograms the amount of dust so it wont make any difference, i remember reading a while back that mark pavidis uses modeling clay for his balancing. I use Bostik blu tack. Cheap and never fails.

Agree with others in this thread about AKA stuff being near spot on out of the packet, makes life really easy, good job guys!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys,

just a small question about the proline vid, why most of you are sayin that his method is not correct, as i mentioned before, i have never balanced a tire but the vid seems correct!! or not??

cheers

Ali
Old 11-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I started using a hot glue gun to balance my tires. the glue is almost impossible to get off, plus I can scrub it while I'm cleaning my tires and not worry about it comming off.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
Hey guys,

just a small question about the proline vid, why most of you are sayin that his method is not correct, as i mentioned before, i have never balanced a tire but the vid seems correct!! or not??

cheers

Ali

that vid is NOT by Proline.....Its by a user who think's he know's....there's honestly too many thing's wrong with the vid to start picking them out.....IF i had the time of day squirrel seems to have i would be able to make a vid similar with the proper way to go about it....i would be more then happy to field question's through PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
Hey guys,

cheers

Ali
The main thing is how he says "When the 0 degree mark reaches the 90 degree mark that now it's balanced" No... Now his 90 degree mark is the heavy spot.

A well balanced wheel/tire will have a hard time finding a place to rest.

As a matter of fact my wife just bought me a digital video camera and we will start to make videos. One of them on the list is how to properly balance tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.