Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SANDBAGGING AT BIG RACES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Every system will always have its flaws. However, I just can't see the point in separating folks into 50 billion classifications. Let the clock sort them out and move on.

At best there needs to be maybe a pro/invite class (big shot pros only.. probably only 50-100 guys nationally who really qualify for this) and expert class (pretty much anyone who has raced longer than one year) and then everyone else. All these in between classes are retarded imho and seems like a way to make slow people feel faster. If you have been racing more than one year, I think it is a stretch to say sportsman.

I know I am slow and I have accepted it. However, racing against faster people makes you faster. While I may never be a pro or even expert, I know racing with equally as bad drivers doesn't help me get better.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JBURCH
I agree with most comments...Not all sponsored drivers are fast, some have the gift of gab when it comes to a companys parts or product. But the race directors should have the balls to stop the sandbagging specially if they are familiar with the racers in the event, once they start qualifing they will run as fast as they can and thats when the directors should call them out and move them up to another class.
my sentiments exactly

thats why i say run a placement heat and take either the top 5 fastest laps (in case you have some issues) , or top 5 practice laps or fastest qualifying run to determine your placement and class .

and btw , its called resort

this way it would be called class resort
Old 11-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Every system will always have its flaws. However, I just can't see the point in separating folks into 50 billion classifications. Let the clock sort them out and move on.

At best there needs to be maybe a pro/invite class (big shot pros only.. probably only 50-100 guys nationally who really qualify for this) and expert class (pretty much anyone who has raced longer than one year) and then everyone else. All these in between classes are retarded imho and seems like a way to make slow people feel faster. If you have been racing more than one year, I think it is a stretch to say sportsman.

I know I am slow and I have accepted it. However, racing against faster people makes you faster. While I may never be a pro or even expert, I know racing with equally as bad drivers doesn't help me get better.
i know guys who have been racing for 5-6 yrs. and hardly classify as spoortsmen thats bad

i also know guys/kids that have picked up someones used car and beat the pants off people there third or fourth time out gofigure
Old 11-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan D.
I vote against the new entry form I can't keep up with the experts Intermediate is hard enough thank you.
agreed lol....intermediate is more than hard enough lol
Old 11-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default SLim at So.Cal

Originally Posted by JBURCH
I agree with most comments...Not all sponsored drivers are fast, some have the gift of gab when it comes to a companys parts or product. But the race directors should have the balls to stop the sandbagging specially if they are familiar with the racers in the event, once they start qualifing they will run as fast as they can and thats when the directors should call them out and move them up to another class.
Slim at So Cal back in the day really didint take too much crap from people and the program got done you started off beginner and worked your way up by winning,,people should know when you have a chassis sponsor they dont want you racing sportsman they want to see you on the drivers stand racing with the pros for the magazine shots. I dont thonk anyone of these track directors out here in the west care they are into the Quan! (money)...
Old 11-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Blame it on the Marshel.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

Do sandbagers know they are sandbagin .
Old 11-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

In my mind there is no difference between Amature, and Intermediate. every series I have run, these 2 classes are the same thing.

In my opinion, The RC Pro series has a good system for the most part. They are separated into 3 classes
1. Intermediate/Amature, no chassis sponsorships allowed. Mainly for new drivers to the sport.
2. Open, chassis sponsorships allowed, If you think your ready for the next level, this is it.
3. Pro, no sponsorship limitations, but you have to prove yourself in order to race at that level.

If you finish in the top 5 in your region, then next year you have to bump to the next level.

I raced intermediate last year and ended up in the top 3, so this year I had to run Open. This year I finished in the top 3 again in Open, so next year I have to race Pro. I also managed to pick up a Chassis sponsorship from Xray, and because I raced in the open class, I was totally legit!

The only downfall to this system is there is no way to prove someone has a sponsorship. So you have to hope the intermediate class is full of honest racers.

As far as local racing, everyone is lumped together then resorted throughout the day. So, the fast guys rise to the top, and the slow guys shake out at the bottom. But if you want to get faster, I think it pays tremendously to run with the faster guys. Because if you constantly run with guys your own speed, you will never feel the need to push your abilities any higher. just my 2 cents.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default "bumpin"

Originally Posted by Alan D.
Only problem with this format is for example, let's say Truhe breaks in all three round of qualifying. By this format he would have to race the novice guys. See why we have classes.
Thats a good for instance then he would get his moneys worth that day and have to bump up and hope someone doesnt take him out .you should check out this blog kind of funny!!
[SIZE="usandbaggers.blogspot.com/[/SIZE]
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Edumakated
This is why I say screw classes, just run everyone together, sort based on lap times... run again... sort again. The fast guys will naturally get lumped together by the end of the third qualifier and everyone is racing with their appropriate skill set for their main. No need to over complicate matters.

The other thing that trips me out is how everyone claims they make a main even if you are running in the J main.

This.

Put everyone in the same class. No sportsman, no pro. Just one big class. Quals will still put nearly everyone in the right main, and bump ups wil fix the pros that got stuck in the slower mains.

I'd like to see where I stand against everybody, even if that means the G main.

If you want to give Trophys for the slower drivers, don't make a sportsman class, just give trophys for winners of each main.

If we have to seperate the pros from the sportsman:

Any sponsor of any type should be pro class. If you don't have as many sponsors as the better pros, hey thats tough. Get faster and get more. Don't make a class for: "Slow guys that duped some dimm witted, up and coming RC company."

The other class should be no sponsors, no stickers. Sportsman. If you used to be sponsored by anyone and just suck, still have to race pro.
Tech Addict

Last year i finished #2 in sportsman ks proseries this year i finished #1 so next year i will move up a class.Am i sandbagger like my brother says i am.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just accept the fact you cant always win, no matter what class you race in Just keep racing and have fun, run your race with pride>
Old 11-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I just attended a 3 day technical challenge race this past weekend and they only had trophies for the expert class. The intermediate class got plaques. Seems fair to me.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Rookie

I own and operate CFT in Colorado Springs as a race directer I get tired of all the different class bull . I think it should be more like on road everybody in one class granted we don't have 1/10 scale any more. But we could have masters class over (40) and a buggy and truggy class. making the A main would mean some thing. just my 2 cents.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RexR
I own and operate CFT in Colorado Springs as a race directer I get tired of all the different class bull . I think it should be more like on road everybody in one class granted we don't have 1/10 scale any more. But we could have masters class over (40) and a buggy and truggy class. making the A main would mean some thing. just my 2 cents.
I with ya..........except for the old people class. That would be fun to anounce though. " Canes and walkers, less than five........beep."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.