Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official VP Pro USA Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok i got my package yesterday, very prompt service. The only thing that concerns me is the truggy tires are larger than the aka's i was running. They seem to be about 1/8" or so taller. They are the same size as the pro-lines i was running. I don't have a scale on hand so i can't say how much they weigh and i'll get a better idea later today when i take it out for a spin in the yard. I do however like the quality of them.

I have just put the buggy tires on my 8 and they look amazing. Along with the green M wing and a new painted body the buggy looks great. I'll try to post some pics here later today once i get the body dremeled for the exhaust pipe. I'm still waiting for the paint to fully dry before i do any grinding and cutting

It looks similar to the go engines buggy on their website, which imo looks awesome. I have some green decals coming next week, so i'm hoping with those it'll break up the black alittle bit and make it look even better.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Heres the buggy so far. Its a losi 8ight 2.0. Its not quite done yet, i still have the green decals to apply when they get here next week. The buggy is abit dirty but at least you can see what it looks like with my new vp pro tires, m wing and some decals.

Pic was taken with my droid incredible (its abit fuzzy), i should have taken another pic, oh well.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can someone tell me the tread pattern of vp pro tires that is closest to Revolvers. Thanks in advanced
Old 08-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Can someone tell me the tread pattern of vp pro tires that is closest to Revolvers. Thanks in advanced
VP-Pro does not have anything like a revolver but the Cutoff is similar in performance.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

VP-Pro Tread designs:
http://www.vp-pro-usa.com/news/3-new...tires-101.html
Old 08-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

My MF Cutoffs are going to be racing for the 8th time today! I had to change the foams after the 5th race but the tread is still great! Our tracks are run wet so tire wear is minimal, but 8 races and still going is not something to be ignored. That includes 2 quali's every day and 1-2 tanks of practice. My racing tires do not touch the tracks until they water..very Impressive. 30% less money and same wear as the two big dog companies. I'm a believer. Going to be adding many different VP pro tires to my arsenal
Old 08-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just wanted to update my post above where i was unsure about the truggy wheels. I finally had a chance to run my truggy yesterday, the weekend we wet and rainy and just finally dried out yesterday. So anyhow all my worries were completely unfounded. These tires performed great and even though they are abit taller than my aka's they performed as well or better in most cases. The truck didn't feel heavy while taking corners, jumping or running down the straightaways. The truck felt just a nimble and jumped just as well as the aka's i had on the truck before.

For the price these wheels can't be beat. I did have to drill the rims and wheels before gluing them on but that wasn't an issue, it would have been nice if they came pre punched like the buggy wheels, but thats nothing major. I was also abit worried about the shade of yellow compared to the more flouroescent yellow used on pro-line rims, but they looked great. In fact the wheels now match the wing and shock covers i have.

All in all i couldn't be happier with my purchase. I'm going to buy another set, but this time the cut off's just to have around for different track conditions, but money is abit tight right now so i may have to wait a week or 2.

Anyhow i love my vp-pro wheels, wing, etc. In fact i've replaced all my pro-line and aka stickers with the vp-pro decals
Old 08-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwm2
I just wanted to update my post above where i was unsure about the truggy wheels. I finally had a chance to run my truggy yesterday, the weekend we wet and rainy and just finally dried out yesterday. So anyhow all my worries were completely unfounded. These tires performed great and even though they are abit taller than my aka's they performed as well or better in most cases. The truck didn't feel heavy while taking corners, jumping or running down the straightaways. The truck felt just a nimble and jumped just as well as the aka's i had on the truck before.

For the price these wheels can't be beat. I did have to drill the rims and wheels before gluing them on but that wasn't an issue, it would have been nice if they came pre punched like the buggy wheels, but thats nothing major. I was also abit worried about the shade of yellow compared to the more flouroescent yellow used on pro-line rims, but they looked great. In fact the wheels now match the wing and shock covers i have.

All in all i couldn't be happier with my purchase. I'm going to buy another set, but this time the cut off's just to have around for different track conditions, but money is abit tight right now so i may have to wait a week or 2.

Anyhow i love my vp-pro wheels, wing, etc. In fact i've replaced all my pro-line and aka stickers with the vp-pro decals
The bubby wheels do not come with holes in them. I would rather vent the tires instead so the dirt and water can come out.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I ran the cutoffs on my Buggy and Truggy and we had a night race at our track so it was dry in practice and got watered before racing, then the track held the moisture and the tires were awesome, I picked up time each heat and didnt change any thing else. I am a carpet racer turned off road and am having the most fun of my 14 years of racing.

I love the vp tires for the performance and the price. They have awesome products and super prices, and I will look to buy stuff from VP first.

Thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hope i don't get in trouble for this but Vp-Pro just sent me an email this afternoon stating:

VP-Pro USA is offering Free Shipping within the USA on all orders this week only! Order Today and Save Money.

So this week you can order and save a few bucks on shipping. Nice!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Never put holes in the wheels, use a leather hole punch to put 2 holes 180' apart in the center of the tires. That way you won't get dirt/sand/water in the wheels which will wreck the foams and make your wheels weigh even more then tires with AKA foams.

Holes in the tires only allows any dirt or water to escape when they ballon up down the straights.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Gene are going to have Turbo Trax Ultra Flex for the Regions 4? I am About to make an Order Friday Morning Thanks
Old 08-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Just got some Clutch shoes.. They look identical to the Answer shoes I had been running, but cheaper.. That freakin rocks.. and 3 sets of springs.. Mucho nice.. Will see how they perform this weekend..

Does VP pro have any plans to make a carbon shoe?
Old 08-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

VP-Pro sold out of UF Turbo Trax this week, next shipment is due in Oct 1st.

They do have MF Turbo Trax and Truggy Turbo Trax UF in stock.

Last edited by Machine's R/C H; 08-26-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Ok cool ill just get some MF thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.