Wiki Posts
Search

how do you guys clean your cars?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default cleaning

i run 4 rc10gts , and Trax Rustler they all get super dusty as they are breaking in and shaking down a new dirt oval in central ohio. still in the building phase so its always dusty as were tilling and leveling.

the best think i think is you must all get MUDD OFF !! we use it on are real Super Dirt Late Models (700+ HP dirt cars) the stuff is magical! clean your car down to were you would if you were going to shelve it! then apply that to body and any components chassis whatever! dust dirt mud, all just wipes off. never sticks. we've raced in flooded tracks when we were done no problem pulled off took the rag and the dirt falls off when you touch it like when water hits fresh wax!

try that or any kind of mudd off product. we love it ! also a air compressor and blow it off. looks like new!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

First, get all the heavy dirt off with a compressor or brush.

Cover electronics. (I use foil)

Spray the car with tire cleaner/shine, you can buy a big can at WalMart for $3.00
Wipe excess or use compressor. Done.
Looks brand new!!

You can use :
WD40 is mainly made of Fish oil.
Nitro Cleaner is 98% alcohol -2% fragrance.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Primarily with Kalgard products and air compressor, too easy, fast and looks brand new when completed!
Old 01-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

WD-40 a brush.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

WOW , nice thread rebirth job

Not sure if the OP is still watching
Old 01-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

For my bashing and race cars,

i get what i can off with a paint brush(hard feather'd type).

Take wheels off, F & R bulkheads, Engine & pipe & radio tray from chassis.
spray with MOTOR degreaser and then use my water blaster.
i do the same with engine except i plug both holes and use a air compressor instead of water(water WOULD WORK FINE JUST DRY IT WITH A HEAT GUN)

the radio tray just gets a disasemble and a brush and air compressed.

as for bearings, i put high grade silicone(something that is VERY STICKY over them before racing so when i water blast it i dont have to worry about bearings.

i do spray the whole car with 808 silicone spray after the water to prevent rust.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Usually piece by piece using denatured alcohol, simple green, greased lightning, soap and water, or awesome and a lil WD-40.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Maxima SC1 = new car in a can!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I take the front and rear assemblies off (the diff with all the arms and shafts still attached) with some foaming kitchen cleaner and a mushroom brush i scrub it under the sink... then compressed air, hit it with WD40 then wipe down and more air...
Old 01-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Pull the motor and electronics and throw it in the dishwasher..No not really. I pull it down completely, toss the bearings and then clean it all with simple green. Blow it dry, Install new Avids, Fill the diffs, and put it all back together. Good way to kill a afternoon or evening. I use SC1 to make it look like new again and it seems to repel dirt quite well.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
Maxima SC1 = new car in a can!
ever racers needs a can in there pit stuff
Old 01-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Kalguard or Finishline Super bike wash... Compressor Done
Old 01-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
I am still amazed at how many people dare clean their cars with pressured water... even if they spray WD40 afterwise. I still don't get how you don't develop craters of rust all over the place.

Paul
Every single weekend our cars get the royal water treatment with a high pressure sprayer. I have not one single rust spot and have been doing this method for 2 years now.

Maybe its the Kal Guard 30/30 that we use. I hit the bearings before and after and have never had a bearing blow up. I also dont worry about staying away from the bearings either. I blast them with water as well.

I guess i keep doing it this way cause nothing bad has happened ever from doing this.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Every single weekend our cars get the royal water treatment with a high pressure sprayer. I have not one single rust spot and have been doing this method for 2 years now.

Maybe its the Kal Guard 30/30 that we use. I hit the bearings before and after and have never had a bearing blow up. I also dont worry about staying away from the bearings either. I blast them with water as well.

I guess i keep doing it this way cause nothing bad has happened ever from doing this.
Not to mention a lot of tracks in Florida use calcium on the tracks to get them to blue groove. If you do not wash the calcium off your car will rust by the next day guaranteed. I only made this mistake one time about 6 years ago when I first started.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dishsoap

+2, I'm doing the same thing, never had a problem in 3yrs.