Search

Jammin JPX 21 Plus ( new)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
ive seen many people run the jp3 and they have had great success with it
I ran the JP3 this past Sunday, and was a ripper. But at some point I either was too lean or wayyyyy too rich on the bottom cause I had no take off. I just couldn't figured out. I open the LSN way out and still had issues. Then I noticed the gasket of the manifold was broken, and thought, perhaps an airleak that wont let it resonate back to the engine full. But no, change all fuel lines, check the carb... just couldn't figured out.

Also, what's the cure for sticking carbs?
Old 02-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by chris1381
Post back your results with that set up. That is what I have and I am going to run 20 % fuel but I haven't broke the motor in yet .But I would like to know what run times you are getting and what setup you were using and what run time if you don't care to share. Thanks
ok i tested my setup saturday at a indoor track and i was getting around 7:30 - 8 min each tank. i love the 086 pipe. much better than the 053 imo.

after my gallon of 20% fuel im switching to 25%
Old 02-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

What's the cure for sticking carbs?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

This past weekend had a great race day. The Jammin just broke in and it really woke up some higher RPMS and torque I haven't seem in it.

Out and about today helping a friend to move; after being done I decided to go and race.

Missed the first qualifier cause I was running late; so after the second qual I was already in second placed. Cool I said, with 14 Truggys runing I wanted to be ahead of the pack and not get caught in traffic on the main.

Amain - I am in second place knowing I can take the leader and pull away on the first turn; race started and exactly as I predicted the leader went wide on the first turn and I just turned in under him and he never saw a chance to win that first spot again.

Knowing that I am now vulnerable to my own mistakes I decided to pit the 30 min main away from the pack and the pit lane traffic; so I pushed the 9 min mark on both pit stops.

My pit had his skill dialed and got me going in less than 5 seconds.

My JPX .21 plus was perfectly dialed and was pulling away from two OS speeds an Alpha, 2 Reedy's and an) WS7. Long story short as this was a Money race with a purse of 150 at stake I took home the win. However the owner is building a new track and since he put together this race and allowed me to enter late I donated the money back for the new track. Needless to say, owner offered me to pick any 1 item I needed, so I stocked up on glow plugs and took home the bragging rights jjajajaj

That's it for now, the 6T is meanly dialed and the Jammin JPX is a keeper and a new one is already on its way to me. Great engine, just under estimated.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RJSI
This past weekend had a great race day. The Jammin just broke in and it really woke up some higher RPMS and torque I haven't seem in it.

Out and about today helping a friend to move; after being done I decided to go and race.

Missed the first qualifier cause I was running late; so after the second qual I was already in second placed. Cool I said, with 14 Truggys runing I wanted to be ahead of the pack and not get caught in traffic on the main.

Amain - I am in second place knowing I can take the leader and pull away on the first turn; race started and exactly as I predicted the leader went wide on the first turn and I just turned in under him and he never saw a chance to win that first spot again.

Knowing that I am now vulnerable to my own mistakes I decided to pit the 30 min main away from the pack and the pit lane traffic; so I pushed the 9 min mark on both pit stops.

My JPX .21 plus was perfectly dialed and was pulling away from two OS speeds an Alpha, 2 Reedy's and an) WS7. Long story short as this was a Money race with a purse of 150 at stake I took home the win. However the owner is building a new track and since he put together this race and allowed me to enter late I donated the money back for the new track. Needless to say, owner offered me to pick any 1 item I needed, so I stocked up on glow plugs and took home the bragging rights jjajajaj

That's it for now, the 6T is meanly dialed and the Jammin JPX is a keeper and a new one is already on its way to me. Great engine, just under estimated.

+100 awesome engines, and faster then 99% of of the other offroad .21's....
Old 03-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

I was about to drop $354 on a Ninja... but no forget it. This is very good engine just way under estimated by many. Some say it takes too long to warm up on cold days, others just don't know how to really get a good matching pipe.

I am really pleased with the results. I have both, the PLUS and the older version as a spare.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RJSI

That was a classy thing you did with the purse. Not many people like that.

My Jammin is awesome. I haven't touched the needle in weeks and it idles forever, screams on the track and never temps over 240.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Jpx.21

I ran the jammin engines a few yrs. ago and realy like the engines. The last couple of yrs I ran the GRP TUNED engines. I am getting ready to purchase a couple new engines for this season and am considering buying the JPX.21 PLUS. Correct me if I am wrong, The 086 pipe with 1.0 springs is the set up for this engine? Oh ya I will be running this in truggy. Also what venturi size and what is the average run time? Seems like the old JPX. only ran aprox. 8-8 1/2 min. I currently own DYN 053, 086, JP3, JP4 would any of these pipes be suggested as the best for this engine?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by tristyn
I ran the jammin engines a few yrs. ago and realy like the engines. The last couple of yrs I ran the GRP TUNED engines. I am getting ready to purchase a couple new engines for this season and am considering buying the JPX.21 PLUS. Correct me if I am wrong, The 086 pipe with 1.0 springs is the set up for this engine? Oh ya I will be running this in truggy. Also what venturi size and what is the average run time? Seems like the old JPX. only ran aprox. 8-8 1/2 min. I currently own DYN 053, 086, JP3, JP4 would any of these pipes be suggested as the best for this engine?
i would use the 086 pipe and 1.0 springs. i think thats the key for this engine. mine runs great with that setup. and a 7mm carb insert. i can get 7:30 to 8 min in my buggy. good enough for me. this engine is awesome!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
i would use the 086 pipe and 1.0 springs. i think thats the key for this engine. mine runs great with that setup. and a 7mm carb insert. i can get 7:30 to 8 min in my buggy. good enough for me. this engine is awesome!
+1. That is exactly my set up and it runs phenomenal.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

this is what im going to run on my 2.0 truggy but im using losi clutch and what type of clutch setup should i use for it?
Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra
you wont be disappointed with a clocked JPX....I cant guarantee that.
Cant guarantee? :weird im jokn...
Old 03-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sicsam
this is what im going to run on my 2.0 truggy but im using losi clutch and what type of clutch setup should i use for it?

Truggy try Gold on all 4 and if it hits a little too hard work your way down starting with 2 green then all 4 green.....As other's have stated this motor pulls HARD on bottom so i would doubt anything higher then gold will be required.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sicsam
Cant guarantee? :weird im jokn...

wow...never saw that....that kinda sucks for anyone reading....lol....ill be fixing that asap....plz fix the quote if you could Plz and thx.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default JPX .21

So best run times are 7:30 - 8 min.?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.