Old 08-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

flywheel ☻ § °
Old 09-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beta bob
Im getting ready to break in a GRP my first .21 and i like this method and found it really helpful but at the end of part 1 he was talking about the temps dropping after a couple of half tanks on the ground and i was wondering do you lean the highspeed or lowspeed to keep the temp up to 210 or do you just let the engine temps go down?
bob, as After Heat cycling, I am running around easy and the engine temp usualy will take a sudden engine temp drop , I will lean the hsn 1/2 hr at a time.I try keeping temp around 210 , also the LSN can and will effect the engine temp, I always run the LSN rich ( engine will load up at 10-15 sec of idle) during breakin. But I do not want the LSN so rich I die easy because its over rich( I always try and keep the engine running to prevent from having to start the engine over again). I will usualy set the LSN correctly after I feel the engine is pretty much loosened up well ( broke in). Also remember when you lean the HSN it will lean the LSN at the sametime to some degree, Hope this helps, Dave
Old 09-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The three best ways to stop your engine:
1) Flywheel
2) Flywheel
3) Flywheel
Old 09-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
bob, as After Heat cycling, I am running around easy and the engine temp usualy will take a sudden engine temp drop , I will lean the hsn 1/2 hr at a time.I try keeping temp around 210 , also the LSN can and will effect the engine temp, I always run the LSN rich ( engine will load up at 10-15 sec of idle) during breakin. But I do not want the LSN so rich I die easy because its over rich( I always try and keep the engine running to prevent from having to start the engine over again). I will usualy set the LSN correctly after I feel the engine is pretty much loosened up well ( broke in). Also remember when you lean the HSN it will lean the LSN at the sametime to some degree, Hope this helps, Dave
Ok thanks i found this video more helpful then the one at the top of the off road forums
Old 09-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default prime

another question - when pre-heating the block with a heat gun, the pressure seems to push the fuel out of my primed fuel line. When I try to reprime before starting, it doesn't take. It has to cool down to about 140 before the prime will take.

I do have a relatively short fuel line, will try a long one coiled one like in the video, but figured I'd ask anyway.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by apollo1983
another question - when pre-heating the block with a heat gun, the pressure seems to push the fuel out of my primed fuel line. When I try to reprime before starting, it doesn't take. It has to cool down to about 140 before the prime will take.

I do have a relatively short fuel line, will try a long one coiled one like in the video, but figured I'd ask anyway.
apollo , if fuel bleads back while preheating, - put the glow igniter on with right hand, put a left hand finger on the pipe outlet and push down with the ingniter so, priming it back up to the carb while turning over the engine at same time , when you see the fuel hit the carb then just release your finger , then if needed you have a hand free to work the remote or the carb slide to get er fired up, Dave